Menfolk....what should I cook?

by yknot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

Yum Mary, my type of salad! And thanks for the recipe for candied pecans, I've always wanted to try that myself! I'm making this salad this weekend. I always get something like it at the restaurants because it's so good. I love blue cheese.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I love anything that is stir fried in a wok...healthy and tasty! If you are leaning towards the BBQ, I vote for baby back ribs....YUM!!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

My husband loves everything I cook, I just can't make a cup of coffee to save ANYONE'S life. Sad really.

Here is his favorite salad

Baby spring greens

Chopped and drained roasted red peppers

Soft mild goat cheese crumbled

Toasted pine nuts

Olive oil vinegrette dressing

I toss greens cheese and peppers, sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with dressing.

Add grilled salmon over top for an entree salad

Otherwise serve with a nice steak and potatoes

The way I do my potoes is this way....boil new potatoes or fingerling potatoes until it's JUST about soft

Place on a cookie sheet, smash with a glass, a potato masher just two pressed down, or a fork...just to break up the potato.

Generously sea salt and cracked pepper (sometimes I also add rosemary or dill or another spice) and a small drizzle of olive oil and a small pat of butter.

Place in the oven under the broiler until crispy like oven fries. That's it!

• snowbird
  • Caedes
    Caedes

Mrs Caedes does a wonderful Gammon steak with pineapple salsa.

Mr Caedes does a rather good spaghetti bolognese. No recipe though since I cook it from scratch with whatever we have and I can never remember what I put in it from one time to the next.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Surf and Turf

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Mr Caedes, that's how I cook as well!

• Caedes
    Caedes

Heartbreaker,

It's great until someone asks for the recipe and you can't give them one.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I invite them to come watch me cook, take notes and eat with me. :)

• Girlie
    Girlie

Hot dogs and pork n beans casserole!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit