Menfolk....what should I cook?

by yknot 59 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Mr. Dinah had a chili dog.

• yknot
    yknot
    Fried chicken like mom used to make, mashed taters w/ cream gravy, green beans, bread & butter. Apple pie w/ vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Bourne: Thanks! ....... I haven't done that bit of comfort food in a long, long time!

Tonight we are having Salmon steak cooked in butter, white wine, garlic, and a splash of lemon juice. Garlic basil mashed potatoes, and carrots broccoli and asparagus sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Hmmm lot's of garlic there. Honey bunny loves it and so do I!
    Last night I did pasta, with fresh basil and garlic, shallots, olives, bacon, and tons of chopped fresh tomatoes.
    Tomorrow, I'm thinking bean tostadas. I use canned refried (sorry mom!), Los Pericos tostada shells, and tons of chopped veggies. Lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, and HOT sauce.

Beks......ooooh that is good too! Hubby is from Cali so I know he will like this......!!!!!

Yall are fabulous!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Does he like shrimp? Does he like spicey and freshy? Have you ever had Ceviche? I have a super quick easy tasty version that my man loves.

• yknot
    yknot
    Doesn't matter, so long as it's served in the nude.

LOLz JD .....got kiddos, so that will have to wait until dessert and coffee

Strawberry shortcake! Add fresh Blackberries if you can get them.

Beks : Another great idea! I have loads of strawberries! Blackberries won't come til a bit later this month (or early June)...but they are only $1.50 at the store now!

Mr. Dinah had a chili dog.

Dinah :Great minds think alike!!! I was think about doing some Saturday afternoon for the last T-ball event!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry Ynot, if you're bored with me, just ignore. But this is my subject, and I am in a good mood. Also, a disclaimer. Healthyish is hotwired in, so I rarely do anything that doesn't lean in that direction.

Does he like Asian flavors? I recently made some Won Ton soup, that I was amazed turned out so well, and also amazed that Honey Bunny (here on to be known as HB) reeeeeally liked.

How about Chicken Enchiladas? Italian Meatloaf? Turkey veggie Chili?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Men change their minds all the time based on what they want to eat or if they want to diet.

I'm tired of trying to make men happy. Half of them eat, and half refuse to in my family>>>>hey I'm 50 and considered a great cook. I am on the verge of letting them all fend for them selves.

I seriously don't need the stress every night, and someone rejecting what I cook., after hours of work and clean up.

What is the expression? I believe it starts with F and the other half starts with Y.

r.

• yknot
    yknot
    Does he like shrimp? Does he like spicey and freshy? Have you ever had Ceviche? I have a super quick easy tasty version that my man loves.

Beks:....... I think my hubby might be stopping by your house next time we visit his people!!!

• yknot
    yknot
    I recently made some Won Ton soup.

Beks: Recipe please!!!

I'm tired of trying to make men happy

restrangled: I am sorry they aren't appreciating you! Yea, let them starve a little and then toss some ground turkey and a can of manwhich

• Bourne
    Bourne

MMMMMMMMMM............Pizza Good!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe in equal rights and share the load of work, but my goodness, I never expected women to actually LOSE the art of cooking and men FIND it!

There is something twisted about that.

My mom and gramma taught me how to cook. Yeast is my only enemy. Bread comes out in bricks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit