How Do You Feel Being Thought Of As An "Apostate"?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Actually the JW religion is filled with Apostates. All of the ones who abandoned their former religion to become JWs are Apostates of their former religion.
    cyberjesus

Though I felt offended to be branded as an apostate, I have gradually come to appreciate this label. To me, its a form of liberation. To my former catholic church, I was an apostate when I joined the JW cult religion. Now that Iam nolonger a JW, I have merely apostatized. Iam amazed how the WTS religion is so much legalistic.

• Awakened at Gilead
  • minimus
    minimus

Congrats on your title!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

After reading some comments on here I come back to reajust my statement.... My JW family as far as the good ones heck no I would never tell the I was Apostate!! They probably don't even have a clue I look on this sites etc. As far as they know I may come back in as a JW once I'm married!! Now if they confronted me then that would open a opertunity to preach my beleifs!! But if they had any suspetions they would rather not even want to know this... they would avoid the topic all together. Meaning- "Don't ask I wont tell"

• littlebird
    littlebird

Most of the time, I really dont care, as per the definition that thetrueone posted, I am one. I do, however sometimes hate being known as a 'big time apostate" Geez. I was invited to a wedding where the son is no longer a witness and he was marrying a disfellowshipped girl. The father, who is a double life witness, refused to go if I attended because even though there were several ex witnesses there, I was a 'big time apostate" for his son's sake I didn't go.

The only way he could have even known anything about my views was if someone was on the only one board I'm on where my real name is used, so I say, "hey what are you doing there, dumb ass? got some doubts about the "truth", do you?

So, in general, I really don't care, but sometimes the consequences are annoying.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

They can call me anything they want. It doesn't change who I am. I feel sad for them. Most of them really aren't aware of what they are a part of. When I discovered what the organization was really all about, I left because my conscience would not let me remain part of it. They can call that apostacy if they want.. I call it being true to my relationship with God.

Coffee

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

feel like I woke up from a 25 yr sleep and now I'm myself again.

• read good books
    read good books

My consiounce is clear before God and before Man, what that organiztion calls me doesn't bother me.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Does it bother you if Witnesses regard you as an apostate?

Not in the least.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

To me it's not freedom, if everything was scriptual, then those who WANT to live by the bible / God's word are slaves to him, not the GB. It's not, many things are their OWN commands, not scriptual, and they claim everything in the WT should be viewed as from Jehovah himself. Yet when a change is done, they blame it on those who believed it saying it's not inspired, just men trying to keep people alert. Then after things cool down, it's Jehovah's word itself again and those who don't agree are not againt man, but God himself.

That is NOT acceptable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit