How Do You Feel Being Thought Of As An "Apostate"?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It makes me laugh!

I can't be a JW apostate, because I never joined up. Apostates are those who walk away.

JWs tend to confuse apostates with heretics. Heretics reject the doctrines, but don't necessarily leave. I never accepted them in the first place--dammit, I can't be a JW heretic, either!

Here's to all my "bad associations" here on JWN, whether apostate, heretic, both, or none of the above--at least I do get to be a bad association!

GLT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Like RR said, it's a badge of honor.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Milk Bones for Everyone!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Does it bother you if Witnesses regard you as an apostate?

Your question presupposes that I actually care about what they think of me.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

i totally agree w heartbreaker and scully.

'apostate' is jusst their word of choice used to describe free-thinking people that were once under the spell alongside them. and for them to continue in that life, we MUST be horrid evil curmudgeon freak(in a bad way) losers that drink blood ...evil...evil i tell you! let it be known... let us be burned alive with the witches

they can also call me witch and pagan if it suits them... for i'd rather adore a tree or a flower than be prey to them ever again

• awildflower
    awildflower

I've said this before but I'll repeat it here...........I don't think I'm an "apostate" I feel like the JW's are "apostates" from humanity. They're the one's who have checked out of the whole connection that we all have on the planet, not me, I feel I've checked back in.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I want to keep it a secret while my kids are 'in'.

I am known by witnesses in this territory and the one next to it where i was D/F. My sons best mate is the son of his mums best friend in that cong and the last thing i need is whispers that i have become 'apostate'. Funnily enough though, i am not too worried if he finds my JW files on the computer as i do know he does not tell his mum a lot of stuff he does, sees and knows.

If my kids were out i would not hesitate to be known like that.

oz

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

Quite happy for them to call me any word under The Sun. Their opinions don`t matter to me one iota.

All the best

Paul UK

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Considering that I hold jws in such high regard, it always causes me much perplexity to even imagine that they would think ill of me :-)

OR

Let me rephrase that. I hope that whatever they may think of me causes them great distress and anxiety. I really get off on the idea that these worthless arseholes (no apologies to members here that may still be active jws) believe that I am a problem to them. Yeah! praise jar.

Cheeses. One life. Live it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I told a JW that I could only be called an "apostate" if you are in a "cult"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit