How Do You Feel Being Thought Of As An "Apostate"?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

No, we aren't the boogey-man. We are living the life we choose to live in the here and now. They are Waiting On Jehovahâ„¢ to get what they want, at some point in the future. It's so close they can almost taste it, but they can't have it. Not yet. They want what we have, they covet what we have. But until Jehovah decides that they can have it, they have to sit on their hands and plod along, attending boring mind-numbing meetings, knocking on doors that people slam in their faces, and wasting their resources, their vitality, and their lives.

It must drive them up the wall to see our success while they've accepted a life of self-sacrifice and Waiting On Jehovahâ„¢.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Proud, since I know I have a strong and balanced sense of reasoning and intelligence.

WTS. is a corporation of exploitation and manipulation.

Weaker minds fall prey to these propagating apocalyptic cults.

Educated people know what a fear mongering charlatan is, either just a single person

or 7 million of them.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It means I don't care when they shake their magic wand at me and condemn me to death for disagreeing with them they can shake rattle and roll all they want and I'm going on with my life and chalking it up as a mistake it wasn't my first and it won't be my last and I have learned my lesson and am going to be more careful in the future as I search for truth and real answers. I've learned something about how to think.

• RR
    RR

It's a badge of honor. Witnesses need to demonize everything they are not in agreement with

• zoiks
    zoiks

The first couple of times my mother spat the word at me, it hurt. There is so much venom behind it.

Now, seeing it as a product of fear, I feel bad for those that are manipulated into assigning cheap labels to anyone.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I would like even less to be called a member of the WTS cult.

Think About It

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Does it bother you if Witnesses regard you as an apostate?

It hurts my feelings...SOB...POZTATE....

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I didn't ever think of myself as an apostate, just somebody who had faded and was trying to move on. But when it became public knowledge that I considered the JWs a cult, and my family found out, that's what they started calling me.

So now, I embrace the word and occasionally joke about myself as an "evil, Satanic apostate" on my blog (since I know they still read it). Maybe for the shock value, I guess, or taking ownership of a word that they consider hateful. Poking the bear with a stick somehow makes me feel a little better about my family choosing a cult over me.

• happy1975
    happy1975

It's no different from any other label that someone might try to use on you, i.e. fat, skinny, tall, smart, dumb......The witnesses try to use it to sum up the whole of a person's being, but just like any other label it can't do that. I don't own the label or think of myself as an apostate. Frankly, they can all kiss my @ss.

Happy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m an Apostate..

Throw me a Bone!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit