How Do You Feel Being Thought Of As An "Apostate"?

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Does it bother you if Witnesses regard you as an apostate?

• luna2
    luna2

Nope. Cuz I view them as fools.

• minimus
    minimus

It's such a harsh word, though.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes, it’s harsh, but they don’t know any better. We’d be the same if we were still JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

but we ain't

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I actually embrace it, because it means (to them) that I'm not just weak, or confused, or even misinformed. I am unafraid, educated and vocal, and that keeps them right where I want them....far away from me.

• minimus
    minimus

stand tall

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yea the thought bothers me Minimus...dont know why...

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

We speak the truth, not them!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I love it... and hate it... dear Minimum (peace to you!).

I love it because, in fulfillment of my Lord's words at Matthew 5:11, it truly makes me HAPPY:

“Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake."

That I am an "apostate" is a lie... and I REJOCE that they are lying about me because after he called me I chose to follow Christ rather than them (which shows that I ain't ascared of them OR their lies), and not because I committed some kind of crime for which I should be reproached.

I do hate it, though... because the connotation is that by leaving THEM, I left God. And THAT... IS A LIE. Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth (or, from THE Truth). Indeed, I most certainly drew CLOSER to God... by drawing close to the TRUTH... the FURTHER I got away from THEM ("the Trooth").

Unfortunately, they don't see their own hypocrisy in this (what hypocrite ever does?). They call those who don't stay with them and adhere to THEIR teachings (rather than God/Christ/the Bible, etc.) "apostates" and use this term to try and scare the bee-jesus out of their members. Yet, if leaving a religion because it is FALSE is "apostacy"... then they, TOO, are apostates. Because THEY did the EXACT same thing with reference to Catholicism and the many other religions THEY left.

Hypocrites. Wonder who's gonna save THEM from Gehenna?? I'm not sure they're gonna be able to count on the Holy One of Israel, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... the only One who can do it... because they certainly DON'T know HIM. He doesn't deal with hypocrites of their ilk.

Again, I bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who ain't ascared 'o no WTBTS and their hypocritical lies...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit