LOST SEASON FINALE

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Mary <------- Get a HD DVR, you won't regret it.

• Mary
    Mary

I can't afford it right now. I just gave my last two coins of very little value to the World-Wide-Witlessing-Work.

• Terry
    Terry

I use to speculate about the "meaning" of LOST just like the tens of thousands of other regular viewers.

I listened to Podcasts and read message boards.

Then, I stopped to ask myself an important question: "Why has nobody, even very smart people, been able to figure out the "secret" to LOST?"

There are only just so many "plots" at work in literature and drama. Surely LOST hasn't created a new mcguffin! You can't fool all the people all the time. Or...can you?

Perhaps the reason nobody has been able to figure out the denouement is because the creators of LOST have remained one step ahead all the way through creating little mysteries here and there drowning out the one BIG mystery.

J.J.Abrams was given the task of creating a new version of GILLIGAN'S ISLAND updating it which he was not interested in doing. But, he did have an idea. When he pitched that idea the networks gave him the green light.

The central idea of LOST is the central idea of GILLIGAN'S idea---but--with a twist.

The success of LOST meant the network was willing to buy more and more episodes which made everybody connected to the show very rich--but--it delayed the "reveal" or twist of J.J.Abrams mcguffin.

So, they had to razzle-dazzle and mark time by creating mysterious connections filling in with character spackle until the final date was given to make the END really the end.

I think there is only one really really simple twist coming. It has to do with Gilligan's Island.

That's my two cents.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Great! Now I have the Gilligan's Island song stuck in my head...

• Terry
    Terry

In the last episode Gilligan wakes up and finds a coconut has hit him in the head.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

All I can say - is what I told my wife.

LOST had better not turn out like 'Life on Mars' (I think that was the name of the series). I watched that show - loved it - it had lots of plots and twists and mysteries... then the last show... let down. Turns out it was a sleep-induced dream of astronauts going to Mars. I was a bit - no, a LOT disappointed in how they led me on for a few seasons - then "Oh. It was just a dream."

LOST had better have better writers who know how to end this thing. From what I understand - they make it up as they go along.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Terry
    Terry

I attended the LIVE by satellite special presentation from New York with the creators of LOST which included the writers and special surprise guests

BEN LINUS and HURLEY!

It was very informative! Questions were submitted by audience members and a sneak preview of the big finale was shown.

AWESOME and very satisfying is the word by those who have actually seen the finale.

Wish you all could have been there.

We're having a big LOST celebration on Sunday night.

Cheers!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Lenny had watched the first few seasons but I had not because the previews led me to believe that demons were involved and I was still in the cult. Watching "Heroes" was all the guilt I could handle. Last year we went to the beach and when it rained for a few days we spent the time watching the first season of "Lost". We came home and got caught up.

The only bad thing about going to New Zealand last month was not being able to watch that show, well that and the sandflies, lol. It was fun catching up again. We are SO excited about Sunday that we are planning to make it a little feast day, a real celebration. We have watched every episode together and will have a little happy smoke while we watch the smoke monster for the last time. The ending will really be bittersweet.

Then maybe I'll try to get Lenny hooked on "Heroes" by starting with the first episode.

ENJOY!!! I sure will, I'm so glad to be out of the cult and able to truly enjoy this without guilt.

• Terry
    Terry

My former best friend (still a JW) was actually afraid to watch The Simpsons!

My stomach churned when he told me that!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

LOL....my best friend and I actually took our children out of a Care Bear movie because we thought it had a demonic part in it. I look back on that now and can not believe the things I gave up for a whacked out religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit