LOST SEASON FINALE

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

If the fact is these were "dead people" all along

Nope.

Those who survived the plane crash really survived. Those who died on the island really died. Those who took off in the plane at the end really took off in the plane.

The sideways world is imaginary time (actual term in Physics, by the way).

After actual death, the spirit or soul or consciousness enters this mental construct. Each dead soul imagines they had never crashed in the first place (never died). They imagine the kind of life they would have lived. Why? They are CLINGING. They will not accept death.

In a nanosecond (for some) or for a thousand years (for others) the imagined life goes on (or not). Each person must be "awakened" and "let go."

At that letting go point you meet with those other (now post-death) best friends and soul mate to make your journey together into the afterlife.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Richard wasn't in the church at the end. Will he and his eyeliner get a spinoff?

• Terry
  • 'Lost' -- This Is the End -- Part Two (VIDEO)
  • 'Lost' -- This Is the End -- Part One (VIDEO)
  • changeling
    changeling

hemp lover: Richard (Nestor Carbonell) does NOT wear eyeliner! :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Ultimately, "Lost" didn't succeed because of the mythology. We've seen too many examples of mythology-heavy, character-light series fail over the last six years to think that. "Lost" succeeded on emotion, whether that emotion was fear of the monster in the jungle, or grief over Juliet dying, or joy at Desmond reuniting with Penny, or thrills at Sayid's breakdance fighting and Hurley riding to the rescue in the Dharma bus. When "Lost" was really and truly great, it locked you so deep into the emotions of the moment that the larger questions didn't really matter."

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/lost-the-end-see-you-in-the-other-life-brother

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

In my opinion, there was a clear effort by the creators to give everyone an ending that most people would relate to. (even if they might now agree with it)

Thus, the Christian symbolism, ending in church, in heaven. I mean, they couldn't have done it it Buddhist style since their target audience is here in the United States.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKyjeRodd4&feature=player_embedded

• Mary
    Mary

Thank you Terry!!

• moshe
    moshe

You all watched this TV drivel for six years and you can't agree on what it meant, and people wonder why we ended up with a Bible that in confusing along with a thousand different denominations!

• cult classic
    cult classic

ROFL Moshe. That is a good point!

I only watched one episode of lost about a week ago because my brother was over. He, my sister and dad were into it and said the first and last seasons were the ones to watch. That it was too drawn out, but they wanted to know the meaning of it all.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit