LOST SEASON FINALE

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

NOTICE!

This coming Thursday (May 20th) in selected movie theatres (near you) there will be an evening of LIVE interaction with the creators of LOST by satellite hookup. Tickets are available online.

Check it out. A bunch of us in the family are going.

It is a one time event.

• Terry
    Terry

pjava07.sec.promodc.net

Press Releases

Creators Of ‘Lost’ To Appear In Live Big Screen Event Featuring Special Fan Q&A In Select Theaters On May 20

By Business Wire 04/29/10 - 03:10 PM EDT

Stock quotes in this article: NCMI

Three days before the highly anticipated series finale of “Lost,” fans of ABC’s award-winning global television phenomenon can watch co-creators and executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof in a TimesTalks LIVE event in 454 select movie theaters nationwide. Moderated by New York Times entertainment editor Lorne Manly, Times Talks Live: LOST will cover the challenges faced by the creators to craft a series finale that would satisfy them as storytellers and the show’s legions of fans. The event will include a teaser from the upcoming final episode and an interactive Q & A session with fans. Prior to the event, ticketholders can submit their question for consideration at [email protected].

The event will be broadcasted live, in high definition from The TimesCenter in New York City in front of a sold-out audience on Thursday, May 20 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern / 7:00 p.m. Central / 6:00 p.m. Mountain / 8:00 p.m. Pacific (tape delayed).

Tickets for TimesTalks Live: LOST are available at presenting theater box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com. For a complete list of participating theater locations, please visit www.FathomEvents.com or www.TimesTalks.com ( locations and participants may be subject to change).

“We are delighted to be working with The New York Times and NCM Fathom to provide fans of ‘Lost’ an evening of insightful entertainment,” said Julie Borchard-Young, president of BY Experience, Inc. “By broadcasting Times Talks LIVE: LOST to movie theaters, fans have the opportunity to be part of the conversation – in an intimate, communal manner at their local movie theater.”

Times Talks LIVE: LOST will appear in 454 select movie theaters, including AMC Entertainment Inc., Celebration! Cinema, Cinemark Holdings, Inc., Clearview Cinemas, Cobb Theatres, Georgia Theatre Co., Goodrich Quality Theaters, Hollywood Theaters, Kerasotes Showplace Theatres, Marcus Theatres, National Amusements and Regal Entertainment Group movie theaters, as well as The Carolina (Asheville, NC), The Grand Theatre (Bismarck, ND), Palace Cinema 9 (South Burlington, VT) and the State Theatre (Traverse City, MI), through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network – North America’s largest cinema broadcast network. Several independent venues and performing arts centers will also participate in the event.

“‘Lost’ fans won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear from the show’s executive producers, masterminds Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, and get a first look into how the series will end during this one-night-only in-theater event,” said Dan Diamond, vice president of NCM Fathom. “ Times Talks LIVE: LOST is a must-see for the millions of fans who have followed this ground-breaking series. They’ll be able to experience and celebrate ‘Lost’s’ legacy together, all from the comfort of their local movie theater.”

LOST images and video available for media at www.abcmedianet.com.

About National CineMedia (NCM)

NCM operates NCM Media Networks, a leading integrated media company reaching U.S. consumers in movie theaters, online and through mobile technology. The NCM Cinema Network and NCM Fathom present cinema advertising and events across the nation’s largest digital in-theater network, comprised of theaters owned by AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) and other leading regional theater circuits. NCM’s theater network covers 171 Designated Market Areas® (49 of the top 50) and includes approximately 16,800 screens (15,400 digital). During 2009, approximately 680 million patrons attended movies shown in theaters currently included in NCM’s network (excluding Consolidated Theatres). The NCM Interactive Network offers 360-degree integrated marketing opportunities in combination with cinema, encompassing approximately 40 entertainment-related web sites, online widgets and mobile applications. National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: NCMI) owns a 40.6% interest in and is the managing member of National CineMedia LLC. For more information, visit www.ncm.com or www.fathomevents.com.

• Terry
      Terry

The Lost Reading List: 13 Books That Helped Mold the Series bit.ly Wondering how to fuel your imagination once Lost ends? Luckily, the show leaves behind a long and wonderful reading list. Lost's writers (and avid readers) have used books to build and subvert expectations, introduce the island's mysteries, and define characters. Sawyer's love of reading was our fir...

• Mary
      Mary

What surprised me last night was when Jacob told Kate that the reason her name had been scratched off the cave was because she had become a mother. When we saw all the names in the cave, I had always taken it to mean that when someone's name was scratched off, they had died. That's also why I also figured that either Sun or Jin must have survived, but I guess they haven't.

Question though: Jacob is dead. Sooooo.....who's impersonating him? Is it the Smoke Monster? After all, SM has impersonated Jacob's brother once he died, Jack's father, Locke, so is he also impersonating Jacob and leading Jack down the garden path???

• leavingwt
      leavingwt
      Question though: Jacob is dead. Sooooo.....who's impersonating him?

I don't know why, but I think that was the real Jacob. (Much like Jesus was dead, but appearing to select individuals.)

• Mary
      Mary

Ya.....but we also thought that was the real John Locke too when he first made his re-appearance.

• leavingwt
      leavingwt
      Ya.....but we also thought that was the real John Locke too when he first made his re-appearance.

I hear you. However, since there is only a single episode left, IMHO, it's too late for something that fancy.

Unrelated: My favorite episodes of Lost have always been when one of these characters was the focus, in this order of preference: Jack, Desmond, Sayid, Hurley. All episodes focused on them really delivered, for me. Part of it was the actors, part of was the script.

• Mary
      Mary

Is next week the last week? After that, the finale is a 2 hour Special right?

• leavingwt
      leavingwt

The Series finale is THIS SUNDAY.

• Mary
      Mary

Ooooooh! OK, thanks for telling me leavingwt.......otherwise I probably woulda missed it!! Then I would've had to kill myself.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit