Would Witnesses REALLY drink the "Kool-aid" if the faithful slave told them to? Yes or no?

by Witness 007 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yes, I think they would.

They are already selling off the NYC real estate and are planning on moving up to Walkill, etc just like Jim Jones did with The People's Temple. Think about this. They'll be up in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do all day but come up with new and improved ways of brainwashing people even more.

Seclusion. Isolationism. Paranoia. Absolute power from God out over a downtrodden flock. Inability to question anything. Required to obey without question or hesitation. Undying loyalty.

Sounds like the perfect Kool-Aid cocktail in my opinion.

- Wing Commander

• agonus
    agonus

WC, I think you're on the right track. I've been smelling compounds for a while now. Remember the four "residential towers" they had planned to put up in Brooklyn a couple years ago (but had to scrap, EVIDENTLY because they didn't have Jehovah's blessing)? What would you call those but high-rent compounds?

I think the perfect storm has been brewing for a while now. We've had a few sprinkles of JW blood on the altar, but I think soon the firmament will collapse, the floodgates will open, and the rivers will run red with JW blood.

Or maybe I've just been looking at too many "Armageddon" illustrations.

• undercover
    undercover

C'mon guys...

Yea they're a sinister religion, a cult even, by definition... but not a suicide cult.

Compounds to house 7 million people? Even if half of em said, "go F yourself WT" that's still 3.5 million. The logistics of it would be daunting...and expansive enough that it would raise alerts to the outside world that something was amiss.

And don't forget...there's no money in it. If you kill off all your supporters who's left to donate money to your coffers?

I don't mind the mental exercise of comparing if and how the WTS could or could not convince people to go as far as suicide, but that's all it is... an exercise. It's not a real scenerio. The fact that the WTS convinces people to face death instead of a blood transfusion is the only reason that these type threads ever get any responses. Take that away and the concept of comparing JWs to the People's Temple wouldn't get off the ground, or at least shouldn't...

As for their moving to upstate NY...I kinda liken it to the Mormons moving to Utah. Mormons are just as whacked as JWs but they've managed to create their own state without mass suicides. Maybe upstate NY will become the JW Utah in time.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    And don't forget...there's no money in it. If you kill off all your supporters who's left to donate money to your coffers?

That is an essential point. No way these "business christians" of Brooklyn are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

However, the point of this thread is different - the thread is asking if most of the witnesses actually WOULD follow such an instruction. The thread is questioning how compliant to brainwashing and blindly obedient the rank & file of the JWs really are.

I say that given the fact that hundreds have followed the blood instruction to the death - yes, given a suitable time and amount of brainwashing, it is quite possible that a majority of them actually would.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The thread is`nt about whether the WBT$ is a Suicide Cult or not..

The thread is about..

Would Jehovah`s Witness`s Kill themselves for the WBT$?..

There is an overwhelming response..

That many JW`s would Kill themselves for the WBT$..

And..

"Thats the Bottom Line.."

"Cause,Stone Cold says So!!..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd166/Impdragon/BMTDANCECREW/StoneColdSteveAustinCartoon.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The really crazy dubs and the older ones probably could be conditioned into drinking the easiest. Then come the hardcore JWs. What percentage are they? I don't know. Maybe 30% or less. I think everyone else would freak out and not partake.

• changeling
    changeling

My mother would.

• agonus
    agonus

The "anointed" would for sure. They want to go home already.

• agonus
    agonus

OK, let me just throw this out there: What was it that led the People's Temple to become a suicide cult?

Although it may not be "realistic" by current estimates, who's to say it's impossible that the same kind of thinking could seize Jaracz & Co?

50-60 years ago, most JWs would probably never have imagined that the WT would actually impose a policy that would put their minor children in immediate mortal danger. Enter the blood policy...

I mean, WHAT IF the GB really, REALLY believes their own bullshit?

If they actually do, who's to say that someday they all decide it's time to go home so as to avoid the Great Tribulation?

Call me paranoid, but I've been raised in a paranoid religion.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If you were willing to give you life by not taking blood at some point. or by going to dangerous assignments then the answer is yes. I was sold on the idea that Jah Jah would give me back life and I trusted the GB so yes I would have and I think most JW would do too.

As a matter of fact there was a point when I felt so guilty and so unable to followed the rules that I wish I had a chance to demostrate to Joroba that I would give my life for him.

ALL faithful JW are under mind control so all of them would listen and obey. In the nazi germany regular, normal people obeyed their leader. All it took was a good emotional speaker that would move them to action. Imagine if they were a part of a mind control cult? then they would have done even more.

Have you seen the milgram experiment? I think over 80% of regular people would follow orders from an authority figure. How about the ash experiment? we also tend to agree with the group even if we disagree with the answer.

Now put all these factors together..... Authority obedience, group conformity, charismatic attraction plus being under mind control..... There is your answer. Any person who believes in their blood doctrine has already drank the kool-aid. We at some point already said yes. Thankfully we woke up before we had to take our lives.

Now would the WT ask us to do so... Maybe not right now but I dont discard the possiblity that in the future they would get new light to speed up the Armageddon or to reduce suffering or to avoid failing to Satan.

Thats the reality we like it or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit