Making the leap - lurker to member - Hello!

by Hadit 65 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Welcome hadit,

Finding out you have been lied to for so long and losing your faith in a Org you basically lived for is heartbreaking for sure. I'm so glad you have some worldly friends that should help with moving forward.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hadit,

My prayers are in your behalf that you move ever forward learning to enjoy life and experience the liberty of making sound choices.

You mention the massacre in Malawi. That story is still yet untold in its full context. If folks, including Witnesses, could actually view firsthand those cards that so many Witnesses were raped and/or murdered over, they'd be outraged at Watchtower. Even more outrage would come from knowing the whole time Malawian Witnesses were suffering horrendous persecution for refusing to pledge allegiance to the then Malawian government Watchtower leaders were freely pledging allegiance to the government of the United States. Hypocrisy is a term that comes to mind, but it is inadequate in full view of facts on the ground.

All the best,

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hadit......nice to have you join the group. Hope you enjoying posting.

Think About It

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome Hadit! I'm glad you have joined the forum. I enjoyed reading your post.

• Diva
    Diva

Welome!! You've certainly done your research and boy! doesn't it hurt when you find out you've been lied to and deceived all this time!

I hope you stay on this forum, I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

Diva x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Hadit!

My main issues: Lack of love, pedophilia, lack of respect for women, blood transfusion issue, the massacre in Malawi, the ‘eliteness’ of the governing body, twisted scriptures, Jesus is the mediator only for the 144,000, United Nations affiliation, 100% failed prophecy rate, control of every aspect of life, Johannes Greber (spiritist who’s translation of John 1:1 was used for the NWT), lack of transparency of the WT, lies told by the WT, the massive wealth amassed by the WT - I can keep going but I think you all get the gist!

Well looks like you are doing just fine :) Sure, there is rough ground ahead and tough choices to make but you are heading in the right direction.

Just keep the correct rendering of this verse in mind

John 1:1 (New International Version)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And this one too

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Every blessing,

Stephen

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Hadit- unfortunately, almost all ex-JW's have to walk barefoot through a briar patch before they reach the flowery meadow. It's too bad you don't have a buddy from your KH, who is in the same state you are- tell the elders to take a hike- agreeing to meet with them means you accept their authority over your life!! I sent a letter and annulled my baptism (22 years ago)-, due to fraud on the part of the WT Society. If they had been truthful and open about their past history I would have never agreed to join that religion.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome Hadit! I am also married to an active JW husband. It does present some challanges and occasionally some yelling matches, but it has gotten better.

Moshe, you are so right, fraud, and I wouldn't have joined up if I knew they could change the terms of "baptism contract" , so to speak, by changing their beliefs every so many years.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to the forum.

Who are these men in Brooklyn that run my life? What do I know about them?

Exactly. That was one of my problems when I made the move out the door. I already had a problem with changing doctrine and then I went to a convention. One of the Governing Body was the speaker. I never even heard of him. I said to myself, "Why do I step up to the platform and promote these guys and their doctrine when I don't even know the least thing about them, some I don't even know by name."

My main issues: ...

I barely saw even the tip of the iceberg until I got up the nerve to examine JW's simply by Google search and Youtube. All those things I had to learn about to complete my education about JW's. Be glad you know so much already.

Effect on family: ...

I wish you well with helping your family. Try really hard to clear things up for the teen son. I bet you can do that.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome hadit. You are now a member of, (as the Watchtower likes to tell it's rank and file) Satan's organization. We are friendly here and some of us are open minded. Fell free to share all of your thoughts with us. Whatever you are experiencing now, someone on the forum has also experienced at one point or another.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit