Making the leap - lurker to member - Hello!

by Hadit 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is reallty tempting to tell your family that it's all been a scam, and most of us have done that, but it always backfires.

You damned near need to get a degree in psychiatry before you open your mouth, otherwise you might as well grab a broom and a witches hat and run around screaming "Boo!!" for all the good you are going to do.

You have to be extremely subtle. If I had my chance over again, I wouldn't say anything to anybody, or do anything different, until I had a plan and had studied how to implement it. Now that I have blown it, I have done such a good job of it that my family wouldn't trust me even if I made it to Elder.

Take it easy until you have a plan.

Cheers

Chris

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HADIT,

Welcome to the board and good luck to you.

MOSHE,

I am in agreement with you that if I knew about the hidden history of the religion and its scandals I would never have joined it. At the time I was young and they represented themselves to me as being merely 'bible students who had no clergy class'. I believed everybody would be equal, the way it should be. Wow, was I ever fooled. Then the rude awakenings came one after another and the layers of unreality peeled off and then I read their history on the internet in 2000. Then it was over.

If you think about it, if they laid their cards on the table I doubt if many people would join.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks for the suggestions. I have read Crisis of Conscience but it was well after I had done a lot of research. An excellent book I wish I could get my family to read it. I also read Be Wise as Serpents by Fritz Springmeier - I highly recommend it. I would like to read Steven Hassan's books next. So much to read and so much to learn. They do a good job of hiding their history and the fact that when you get baptized you are baptized to serve an organization, no questions allowed and till death do us part . . . oh wait a minute . . . once we're resurrected they will be there waiting in heaven to rule over us to judge us some more! Welcome to paradise WT style.

Black Sheep - I had to laugh because that is exactly what I have felt like - I need to become a psychiatrist, a deprogrammer, a mind control expert and whatever else I may need in my tool box to help others. Subtle is not my name when it comes to something I'm convinced of and yes - I may as well have dressed in a costume and chanted incantations. I have been called apostate, a liar and told that Satan has influenced me and I need help as I'm spiritually sick. Sickened is more like it! Now I'm trying to take it easy but as you know . . . once on the radar!

My favorite piece of advice from my conditional friends: "You need to humble yourself, throw your burden on the organization, don't dispute over little words, attend all the meetings, stay busy in field service, don't worry if you don't understand something, stand firm beside the organization and wait on Jehovah"

Well . . . let me tell you I have certainly been humbled since my eyes were opened and I saw how I have been controlled and manipulated for the last 30 years. Yikes - what else don't I know?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Read Steve Hassan's book Combatting Cult Mind Control asap. It is a must read for anybody exiting a cult.

• Thor
    Thor

Dear Hadit

Hello and welcome from us newcomers as well!

You made a good choice joining this forum. Good for you that it took months rather than years like it did for us.

We are so sorry for your situation, we hope it gets better very soon!

Hang in there!

Mr & Mrs Thor

• flipper
    flipper

HADIT- Welcome to the board my friend. You are among friends. I was in the witnesses 44 years. Got out 6 years ago. Your story is similar to mine on the things I disagree with in the organization. Look forward to your posts. Hang in there kiddo, it gets better, I promise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit