What's The Worst Thing You Know Of That A JW Did?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses are supposed to be "exemplary" and not like the "world". Yet some JWs are pretty notorious.

Did you know of any JWs that did some real bad things?

I knew a pious Witness who got caught TWICE trying to solicit prostitutes. The guy's wife was away in Florida when he first got caught. (He told the cops and the elders he was merely giving the young lady a ride when she suddenly dropped something on the floor and her head was no longer seen).

The second time he got into trouble was a few years later after marital counseling and separation. His wife had cancer and was in the hospital and he wandered back to the same area that he got caught in originally. This time he claimed he was affected with a mental affliction because of being a Vietnam War vet. And this time he got disfellowshipped, not just public reproof.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Aside from the obvious molesters being a given....I knew of a servant that skimmed money, a LOT of money, from the accounts at the hall...was DF'd and reinstated, now serves as an elder, if not the COBOE. Amazing how Jehovah is so forgiving of something like that, and molesters, but not questions.

• blondie
    blondie

A brother molested all his children but that was not the worst thing; 2 elders knew of it and tried to cover it up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A JW used legalistic manipulation to steal an entire corporation, then lied to fleece the entire flock and started a dangerous mind-control cult that led to deaths and wasted lives and pain and suffering of millions of people. He did that to live high on the hog during a depression and to get drunk during prohibition.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Minimus, as to your example: visiting a prostitute is not even close to "the worst thing" that a JW did. DF'ing teens is far worse, and certainly abusing children is way way worse.

In your example, I could imagine his wife wouldn't participate in the marital dues in any serious way that could be considered enjoyable, especially while she had cancer. If she were not a JW, she might have even been grateful that he found an outlet when she had cancer.

I don't think we should include adultery, fornication, smoking, such stuff in "the worst things" that JW's do.

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

My favourite was a single brother I knew who would have sex with a pioneer sister before the meeting for field ministry. As far as I know nobody ever found out.

Then there was the usual adultary, incest, theft, drug taking etc

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

A friend of mine - not close - and I'm not sure if he was baptized or not - but he moved two states away and got strung out on drugs. He later went to the home where the book study was being held that evening and murdered the sister who owned the house and at least one of her kids. This was about 5 - 7 years ago. Very sad.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, thanks for clarifying what I should consider. I should have checked with you first.

I know of 2 different elder bodies that tried to appoint a man an elder. One guy had molested his 2 younger sisters 20 years earlier. The other guy had sex with EVERY one of his children. He had at least 8 kids!!!! The elders in his new Hall tried to ignore the accusations and circumvent the process by demonizing the accusers.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

My exBoyfriend told me he slept with another JW girl he just meet at the convention. The worst part is he said he did it there at the convention in a van, in the parking lot!!! Why did I ever date him... Who knows... Well I'm no longer with him so there.

But I also found out that some witness guys my age got high at the hall!!! So they could sit throught the "boring talks". I sorry I had to laugh but omg that's so wrong.

Wow but after reading other comments on here looks like mine is not as near as bad!!! Murders, rapes, prostitution... wow...

• minimus
    minimus

Mentallyfree, your example is one that is horrifying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit