What's The Worst Thing You Know Of That A JW Did?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

OnTheWayOut ......... good one

A JW used legalistic manipulation to steal an entire corporation, then lied to fleece the entire flock and started a dangerous mind-control cult that led to deaths and wasted lives and pain and suffering of millions of people. He did that to live high on the hog during a depression and to get drunk during prohibition .

Probably the worst thing I can think of was my old hall's PO who slept with a 20 year old,

he was married and had 3 children who were teenagers, one who was my best friend growing up.

There was always the adulterers that you heard about, the kid messed up on drugs,

crooked businessmen, the list goes on and on........

One of the reasons I separated from the JWS was the hypocritical corruption from the people in the congregation.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Post on this website.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

An elder who sexually abused all of his many children and many of his grandchildren and was finally df'd when his neighbors took him to court for knocking up their teenaged daughter, (proven by DNA).

A baptized jw who beat his mother and his wife.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm not a witness and I can't mention anyone. I agree wholeheartedly with On the Way Out: that bad thing is the root of all the bad things that happened later.

With my worldly eyes, the problem is not so much that there's a JW that does this or that. We are all humans and imperfect. The real problem is that the organization pretends they are any better than anybody else. The hypocrisy, in sum.

• dissed
    dissed

They not only pretend they are better, but make a concerted effort to cover up and hide the real bad stuff that goes on inside (see molesters of children as one example or wife beaters, "don't go to the police and bring reproach on the org.")

• Purza
    Purza

This was 20 to 25 years ago. There was a family with four children and the mother was not a dub - but the kids studied and at least two of them were baptized. Our family took them under our wing and took them camping and studied with them as well. The oldest (Eric) went off the deep end one day and broke into a house and murdered a very elderly woman. I don't remember all the details, as I believe it was discussed in hush, hush tones in the hall, and then never talked about again. The whole family just kind of disappeared and we never saw them again.

It was horrible and obviously he was convicted and put in jail - oh yeah they DF'd him as well. Last I heard (a year or two ago) he was still in jail, but reinstated and attending meetings via the phone - he is even able to comment. I don't know if that is just a rumor or what, but if it is true it is pretty disgusting.

Purza

• peaches
    peaches

this isn't as bad as some listed...however....it was a SMALL community...an elders mother passed away...she was a non witness...the worldily family choose to have the funeral in a "church"....the elders son,,,refused to attend in this small town,,because it was a "church" and not kingdom hall....

as people were on there way too the funeral,,,they saw the son plowing his field....the community talked about this for years...he did go the the reception though....shudder....

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

brother who was a born in, mother was annointed dad an elder, himself an exbethelite...brought young under aged brothers to pool halls and brothels in the city and ran an S&M internet ring with only other JWs which he took great pride in. he admitted he cheated on his wife a minimum of 5 times the first of which was less than a month from their marriage date. Real freakin prize that one.

• Heaven
    Heaven

A JW in my parents' previous congregation molested his daughter.

• Nowman
    Nowman

JW kid who murdered both his parents back in 1990, raped his mom after he killed her. My step was the one that found them both. I went to highschool with him too, he lived a few blocks from me. That was the worst thing for me, very creepy.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit