What is your "INTUITION" about THE SECRET "law of attraction"?

by Terry 87 Replies latest social family

• Terry
    Terry

talesin: Don't seek to redefine the universal meaning of intuition.

Which raises a fine point worth considering; what is the "Universal" meaning of intuition?

Merriam-Webster:

• a natural ability or power that makes it possible to know something without any proof or evidence : a feeling that guides a person to act a certain way without fully understanding why

• : something that is known or understood without proof or evidence

To the above, I would only answer with a question.
      At what point does any person KNOW they know if it is NEVER tested against something already known?

Logical fallacies abound centered on self-referential statements.
      A slip of paper with Side A stating: "The statement on the other side of this paper is false."

Flip it over to Side B and read: "The statement on the other side of this paper is True."

Are they BOTH correct. Are the BOTH incorrect?
      Self-reference makes the search for "truth" into a fallacious joke.

• thankyou
    thankyou

GLTirebiter

I REALLY like what you have written.

Thank you so much !!!

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Terry18 hours ago
    1. I have an incredibly strong and accurate intuition sense that if I look back on I can not recall it ever being wrong.
    2. I have always since childhood been somehow able to manifest things I needed materially merely by thinking and feeling about them in a certain way without employing any particular conscious method nor was any effort required in the acquisition of the thing needed.
    Many things are asserted to be true things and yet, the fine line between subjective claims and objective proof rests upon something called Falsifiability and the scientific method whereby all people in any land can replicate identical experiments with identical results. Peer testing is a remarkable crucible for testimonial offerings and I have to go with that, respectfully.
    I appreciate your comments and in no way wish to be pejorative toward you personally.

+++++++++++++

That's all fine Terry, I have no interest at all in trying to prove anything or promote or sell a theory. I know my own experience and that's good enough for me and the wonderful thing is about being sure of oneself is that one does not need group acceptance or approval nor does one need scientific testing in order validate oneself or anything that one may experience. These constant calls and demands from the so called scientific folk to prove this or that otherwise a thing can not be so is not scientific at all but rather pure scepticism.

I love my mother.. can I 'prove' this to you? Nope.

I get the most immense feeling of inner joy whenever I see a small puppy bound towards me and shower me with abandoned affection. Can I explain or 'prove' this to you? Nope.

That one gorgeous girl that for some reason stood out in a crowd of hundreds had me almost smitten with love in a nano second. Can I explain or 'prove' this to you? Nope.

The indescribable pleasure I get when I smell certain flowers.. or hear certain music.. or gaze upon certain scenes and views in nature. Can I explain or 'prove' this to you? Nope.

I can not think of a single instance when my intuition was wrong.. Can I explain or 'prove' this to you? Nope.

I am somehow able to manifest things I need materially by merely thinking about them in a certain way. Can I explain or 'prove' this to you? Nope.

Do I feel I need to explain any of these things? Not in the slightest.

Fortunately I am not a scientist neither am I obsessed with black and white thinking or logic or so called and grossly overrated 'truth' and have not made it my purpose or goal or need to prove, justify, validate or even explain anything to anyone. Peoples opinions are really no importance to me when it comes to my own experience am not at all troubled by the 'if you can't prove it to me then it did not happen' crowd.

There are a billion things that can not be proved or explained yet are just as real and true.

A few more Things Science Can’t Explain

1. Logical and mathematical truths (which are presupposed by science)

2. Metaphysical truths (like the past was not created 5 minutes ago with an appearance of age)

3. Ethical truths

4. Aesthetic truths

5. Science itself (since science is based on assumptions that can’t be proven)

6. The existence of the universe (why is there universe at all?)

7. The beginning of the universe (assuming it had one)

8. The existence of scientific laws

So far these are things that science cannot explain in principle. Here are a couple more that science cannot explain at present and arguably are such that science is unlikely to ever provide more than a partial explanation:

9. The existence of conscious minds

10. The fine-tuning of the physical constants

Science also cannot explain

11. Most of the things that are of greatest importance to us such as love, meaning, purpose and the need for significance and finally it cannot fully explain

12. most of the things that happen in our lives such as why a person lives in a certain place, works in a particular job or marries a particular person.

• just fine
    just fine

I agree GodZoo- it doesn't matter what other people think about what I believe. My experiences are mine alone, so the beliefs derived from those experiences can only be mine. I use the experiences I have to expand my beliefs and consider others beliefs to see if there is any value to adopt them, partially or in their entirety. Although I tend to form my beliefs from my experiences and not from what others tell me.

• Terry
    Terry

This Topic dates back 6 years!

I've had time to reflect on various aspects of the information and opinions offered in that span of time.

A religious person, such as a Christian, instead of asking "the Universe" for something, asks God, like a child making a wish before their birthday cake. Christians are reassured God wants to be asked and they are chided with the cautionary, "The reason you don't receive is that you don't ask. Keep on asking!" However, we all know good and well there is a catch to it. Most of the time your dog dies anyway, you don't win the Lottery, that cute redhead doesn't fall in love with you, and you don't get a perfect score on your test at school. We've been confidently assured: "You didn't have enough Faith."

I've no problem with this little game because I spent hours with a Magic 8-Ball when I was a kid, asking it "Yes" or "No" questions and reading the triangular answers like they really meant something.

Others spend a certain amount of time consulting astrology charts or buying those Lotto tickets because there is tickle of a thrill connected to the rationale of an unreasoning belief something comes from nothing.

Explorers searched for the Fountain of Youth, the Lost City of Gold, and the Garden of Eden. Metaphysicians practiced alchemy and sought to turn lead into gold. Ancient Greeks tried to square the circle using only a protractor and straightedge.

Ahh, human belief!

I think it must be a faulting switch between being able to visualize actual things and a subcategory of imagining non-existing things. If those alternate paths were CLEARLY MARKED in your mind, you'd never stray off into the yellow brick road of wishful thinking. But--I would hypothesize--a hiccup occurs and we get confused between our epiglottis and our doohickey:)

BELIEF is a strong conviction based on NO evidence. You just want it because it feels good to imagine you could have it.

No harm--no foul.

Except . . . just possibly . . .by confusing the path between ACTUAL and IMAGINARY, we damage our ability to reach conclusions which harmonize with reality.

In my view (an opinion, mind you) "belief" is a bad habit not unlike picking your nose and eating the boogers. It's sort of like bad manners.

Why "bad" manners? Because the rest of your rational friends have to waste their time dealing with all that nonsense without hurting your feelings or setting you off on a rant.
    Delusional friends can be a real pain in the ass :)

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Cheers!

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

What is your "INTUITION" about THE SECRET "law of attraction"?

That slick repackaging of old ideas can snag newbies at every turn.

...To the making of books there is no end....

I do believe that effort and focus = results. But not in the magic, Ronda Byrne (Abraham-Hicks, and all other guest stars on the DVD) sort of way.

The marketing and CULTure of The Secret and all its related branches of experts was a great learning phase for me.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I do not believe in intuition. I think it is bunk and should not be trusted prima facie. I do believe in a subconscious; the brain processes information faster than a person is aware of and uses reasons a person is not aware of, then motivating a person. But there is something physical about a person that is attractive to another person, many times subconsciously so - but that ain't intuition or is it?
  • Terry
    Terry

I like to take a look at the etymology of words. The birth of concepts often springs from sources which clue us into what kinds of minds created the original idea.

Sure enough, INTUITION has a dead giveaway in its sourcing.
    It has Theology written all over it.

intuition (n.) Look up intuition at Dictionary.com
    mid-15c., intuicioun, "insight, direct or immediate cognition, spiritual perception," originally theological, from Late Latin intuitionem (nominative intuitio) "a looking at, consideration," noun of action from past participle stem of Latin intueri "look at, consider," from in- "at, on" (see in- (2)) + tueri "to look at, watch over" (see tutor (n.)).

You see, I could go along with the word "insight" because it isn't coated with the slime of religious mysticism--but--intuition reeks of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit