What is your "INTUITION" about THE SECRET "law of attraction"?

by Terry 87 Replies latest social family

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Bump

• Terry
    Terry

Do people still read those books?

My friend, Dub, is a fellow who says to never say out loud any negative thing about what may happen because "the Universe is listening".

I have a hard time responding to him other than to ask for specifics. Such as, "What the hell are you talking about?" :)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My intuition or gut feeling is very accurate. Too many times I dismiss it. More than our conscious mind is present.

I studied mysticism and science and fail to see whether they are enemies. When I meditated for long periods, I could note the brain wave changes. It was an altered state. The world is not all scientific atheism or the belief of utter fools. Most people today meld the two. Many scientists are even Christian fundamentalists.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I believe on subconsious reasoning = intuition

i believe that you attract what your are also without you noticing it

We call things not by their ethymology but what their popular consensus is.

it would be nice to use words that describe not only what we want but also what they do and what their origin is, but that is whishful thinking

i like the word intuition although i dont like the popular understanding of it...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When that book on the Secret of attraction was popular several years ago, I had more arguments concerning it. There is no proof that you can think someting into existence. It is completely nonsensical to me. Wishful New Age thinking.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Would you accept medicine from a door to door salesman rather than your own physician?
    Would you accept plastic surgery from a surgeon without a license only on the verbal assurance he was competant?
    Would you buy swampland in Florida?
    Of course not! And why not? You are at risk when you fail to use your MIND to investigate.

.. and yet you all ignored all of this and became Jehovah's Witnesses for the larger part of your lives..

• Terry
    Terry

Duly noted.

Out of experience comes wisdom--if we pay attention to the failures of our premises.

Consider my posts as the wisdom consorting with the rational side of myself.

I've lived the second part of my life in rebuttal of the first part. Not entirely by choice, but out of necessity.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Consider my posts as the wisdom consorting with the rational side of myself.

I always though that wisdom (the ability to apply knowledge) was already rational in itself. So in effect your rational side consorts with your other rational side.

I read through his entire thread because:

1. I have an incredibly strong and accurate intuition sense that if I look back on I can not recall it ever being wrong.

2. I have always since childhood been somehow able to manifest things I needed materially merely by thinking and feeling about them in a certain way without employing any particular conscious method nor was any effort required in the acquisition of the thing needed. And so the last month I have been looking into how this can possibly work which led me to experimenting with the LOA in quite some detail as it seemed to offer a possible explanation for why this is actually happening.

"You are at risk when you fail to use your MIND to investigate."

Better to keep an open one then.

• talesin
    talesin

If you live in the wild, and ignore your intuition, you're a dead man.

This thread is about your personal view of intuition and how it relates to that new age garbage book, The Secret. Don't seek to redefine the universal meaning of intuition. It's too grandiose.

And yes, of course 'women's intuition' is a myth. Duh.

• Terry
    Terry

1. I have an incredibly strong and accurate intuition sense that if I look back on I can not recall it ever being wrong.

You are judging yourself to be a good judge of judging. That's a bit self-referential, isn't it? Should I decide I have talent on the basis of my talent in judging talent? :)

2. I have always since childhood been somehow able to manifest things I needed materially merely by thinking and feeling about them in a certain way without employing any particular conscious method nor was any effort required in the acquisition of the thing needed.

I suppose we'll just have to take your testimonial as unbiased "proof" then?

Please forgive my skepticism, but I spent 20 years around people who produced the only "true" religion from a self-induced idea Jehovah was channeling through them.

Many things are asserted to be true things and yet, the fine line between subjective claims and objective proof rests upon something called Falsifiability and the scientific method whereby all people in any land can replicate identical experiments with identical results. Peer testing is a remarkable crucible for testimonial offerings and I have to go with that, respectfully.

I appreciate your comments and in no way wish to be pejorative toward you personally.
    +++++++++++++

http://skepdic.com/testimon.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit