What is your "INTUITION" about THE SECRET "law of attraction"?

by Terry 87 Replies latest social family

• cult classic
    cult classic

"So, what is reality? Is reality the world we live in where hard work, effort, planning and a measure of luck and opportunity get us the thingswe need? / Or is it what THE SECRET tells us: “You are the only one who creates your reality. It is only you; every bit of it you.”

In some situations and at some times these statements are true. It is not an absolute, though. We cannot discount the reality that there are billions of decent, hardworking, deserving people in the world who are dealt a hand of cards that will make their life extremely difficult no matter what they do.

Interesting topic and comments, gonna think a bit more about this intuition thing and see what I come up with........lol

Cult Classic

• jeanV
    jeanV

what is reality? I tend to agree that reality does not exist. each one of us creates his own. the same event is perceived by each individual in a differfent way.

as to "the secret" I think a good part of it is BS.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm with the Gladiator.

Perhaps we should explore, choose, and actively endorse an alternative word to represent the mystical ability many would label "intuition." I will pose off the top of my head: "inspiration."

Discuss.

• cult classic
    cult classic

JeanV - "I tend to agree that reality does not exist. each one of us creates his own. the same event is perceived by each individual in a differfent way."

How does this work in "real" life?

Cult Classic

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Mad Sweeney

Indeed, perhaps we should explore, choose, and actively endorse an alternative word.

Intuition should refer to an inner thought process that results in unplanned moments of understanding.

The idea that we can tune into invisible outside influences as a short cut to understanding could be called outuision.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"outuition"

I kind of like it.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

*POKES HEAD IN THREAD*

"The Secret" is the Walmart version of LOA. There is a lot of inner work that goes in to it that Rhonda doesn't even touch on. I'm a (half-assed) practioner of LOA and I don't like to discuss it. I will say, I have seen it work countless times. When I first started reading on it, it sounded like a load of BS to me, but WTF, positive thinking won't hurt me. But to my shock, it actually works, but it takes work. But much like politics, its better to not say anything or get involved in any discussion about it, unless somebody expresses an interest first, sees a book on my nightstand and asks about it, ect. Oh, and I personally hate debating it or anything else (oddly, I don't have a prob debating any point on the Cult, only because I'm trying to save someone's soul and sanity, and protect my baby). But I will tell "The Secret" is a good opener for learning about it. If anyone is interested there are far more authors that are more informed then ol' Rhonda, and she bulldozed quite a few of them to put "The Secret" out. Some LOA, or "New Thought" authors that are far better to read from are: Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Prentice Mulford, and Esther & Jerry Hicks.

*RUNS FROM THREAD*

• tec
    tec

I don't know what LOA stands for.

• Mad Sweeney
  • Robdar
    Robdar

I always trust my intuition.

And I have discovered that I tend to get out of this life exactly what I expect to get; and so, I have set my standards higher. It is amazing the changes this attitude has brought about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit