What is your "INTUITION" about THE SECRET "law of attraction"?

by Terry 87 Replies latest social family

• Terry
    Terry

I think we are all over the place on this: Intuition.

Using just that ONE word to encompass BOTH the mystical sense that you "just know" things without using rational thought

AND

having a subconscious set of inferences acquired by knowledge and experience

RESULTS in our confuting the two into one mashed concept which is erroneous.

You can't COMBINE the mystical sense with the perceptive/rational sense because that results in an Anti-Concept.

An anti-concept is an artificial, unnecessary and rationally unusable term designed to replace and obliterate some legitimate concept.

• Terry
    Terry

I fully believe in the power of intuition. I believe every living thing has it.

How does one TEST such a belief for validity?

How do we ask a bacterium what it "intuits" for example?

To say "every" living thing requires you to test every living thing which is impossible.

I think this is heavy on "belief" and light on testing.

What say you?

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm currently experiencing the most intuitive event of my life. I think I might even be seeing an angel.

Think About It

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for later reading.

• Terry
    Terry

I think this may be an appropriate time to introduce John Galt's speech in Atlas Shrugged:

Thinking is man’s only basic virtue, from which all the others proceed. And his basic vice, the source of all his

evils, is that nameless act which all of you practice, but struggle never to admit: the act of blanking out, the

willful suspension of one’s consciousness, the refusal to think—not blindness, but the refusal to see; not

ignorance, but the refusal to know. It is the act of unfocusing your mind and inducing an inner fog to escape the

responsibility of judgment—on the unstated premise that a thing will not exist if only you refuse to identify it

that A will not be A so long as you do not pronounce the verdict “It is.”

Non-thinking is an act of annihilation,

a wish to negate existence, an attempt to wipe out reality.

But existence exists; reality is not to be wiped out it will merely wipe out the wiper.

By refusing to say “It is,” you are refusing to say “I am.”

By suspending your judgment, you are negating your person.

When a man declares: “Who am I to know?” he is declaring: “Who am I to live?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In the Martial Arts we deal quite a bit with inuition, in the Japanese systems they call it "Haragei" ( art of the belly or Gut) and in other systems like the Chinese ones and the Indian ones, it is developed, like in the Japanese and Korean ones, to a high degree in some systems and less so in others.

It CAN be mystical, but typically, it is more martial though to many westerns the mystical part is hard to "not see", they are conditioned to see it as such.

Of course we can never discount the cultural influences also.

Intuition is great and is a very usefull tool, when coupled with reason AND experience.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thinking is man’s only basic virtue, from which all the others proceed. And his basic vice, the source of all his

Intuition is part of thinking, Terry.

BTS

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

When you believe in intuition, whether through personal experience or not, you are accepting that you can know things without conscious reasoning.

Reason is man's only means of grasping reality and acquiring knowledge.

When it comes to the law of attraction, which I know nothing about, except what I read here, Thinking about something you want and then seeing it come to a reality without working toward that goal is not reality.

Woman's intuition, intuition unconsciously etc. a feeling of some kind cannot be explained by using mysticism as an argument against it. Those who demonstrate some form of intuition are claiming that it is mystical.

Animals have instinct, where did it come from?

• Terry
    Terry

In the Martial Arts we deal quite a bit with inuition, in the Japanese systems they call it "Haragei" ( art of the belly or Gut) and in other systems like the Chinese ones and the Indian ones, it is developed, like in the Japanese and Korean ones, to a high degree in some systems and less so in others.

It CAN be mystical, but typically, it is more martial though to many westerns the mystical part is hard to "not see", they are conditioned to see it as such.

Of course we can never discount the cultural influences also.

Intuition is great and is a very usefull tool, when coupled with reason AND experience.

A pianist practices daily a rigorous conditioning of the connection between the motor skills and the perceptive skills (sight reading of the notes).

At some point the active will to play (fingers on keys) what one sees (notes on the staff) is LEARNED and passes from CONSCIOUS knowledge to

MEMORY.

The piano piece can now be performed without concentrating on the "how".

We do not say the pianist is playing Chopin's Polonaise by "intuition". We simply say he has skill and talent and experience.

That is why I'm "calling out" as it were the term: INTUITION.

It is doing double-duty.

We err when we try to use the word this way: mystical and practical.

What the pianist does when he plays a learned etude is call upon something acquired by dilligence and an active mind which has BECOME non-conscious and available. Nothing mystical is involved.

Unless and untill we SEPARATE from our mind the two contrary definitions (mystical from practical) we are destroying our understanding rather than employing it. Anti-Concepts vitiate consciousness.

Remember this: when you don't understand what you are thinking you are at the mercy of others who can manipulate your BELIEF for their own interests.

Relying on BELIEF rather than understanding makes us susceptible to influence.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    INTUITION is really a form of MYSTICISM.

I disagree. Intuition is merely your senses at work on a subconscious level. Many people try to explain it away as mystical, and yes, those people usually think that you should trust your "gut" implicitly. Those people are idiots.

So should you trust your "gut" at all? Sure, pay attention, try to figure out what exactly you have "picked up on" about a person or situation*. If you do this, often as not you'll see that your intuition was equating past experience with current sensory input, but often w/o any logical reason. IOW, the man who gives you the creeps because he walks with a limp and wears a mullet just like the person who abused you as a kid walked with a limp and wore a mullet, may well not warrant any disdain other than for his fashion choices.

*I always recommend trying to eliminate your subconscious by being conscious of it, to the extent possible. For in your sub-conscious, there lies bat guano. Wallow in your bat-guano long enough, and you'll go crazy ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit