Coffee Drinkers...... Why do you drink coffee?

by yknot 75 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

I am asking because I don't get the appeal!

(preface: At hospital today, can't leave floor to get another h20 bottle, just tried drinking coffee again for the first time in 14years)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to drink a lot of coffee but in recent months the caffeine has been bothering me so I've cut back. I used to roast my own beans to a nice dark roast and drink it black, but my roaster crapped out recently. I also make Turkish coffee occasionally.

I rarely have coffee out of the home because it's always disappointing.

W

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I love the smell and flavor.

Caffeine improves my ability to work. Caffeine is the most powerful nootropic available, and you don't even need a prescription!

Finally, coffee has many health benefits that include the caffeine molecule itself, as well as many others.

http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food

BTS

• ataloa
    ataloa

I started drinking it years ago, because it was calorie-free drink. That's why I've never tried adding anything to it. Also, I'm cold-natured and it warms me up.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I never started drinking coffee until my mid 20's. I actually love it now. Take it with just a little cream. Just stopped the powered creamer and trying to get use to liquid creamer. Don't know if I'm addicted, but I really like it in the morning. Caffeine never seemed to bother me even when I use to work shift work and drank it during the graveyard shift.

Think About It

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Apart from an occasional pick-me-up I use it as a headache remedy. OTC medicines don't work for me and I don't like soda. With sugar-free hazelnut syrup it's delicious.

• yknot
    yknot

Have you always liked coffee or is it an acquired taste ?

(Hubby drinks uber-dark roast, black too!)

• upnorth
    upnorth

I have an espresso machine (Krups) every morning I make a double shot with some very dark beans. I dilute the shots by 1/2 with hot water and drink it black. It's strong flavored and rich and it taste wonderful.

I don't drink any more coffee the rest of the day.

• yknot
    yknot

OMG!!!

I feel like I am going to bounce off the walls now~

How much caffeine is in coffee !!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am drinking my second cup as I write this, at my favorite coffee shop.

Coffee is a marvelous beverage for all the reasons listed. But, mostly it is a social drink. People get together over coffee to enjoy one another's company. Did the addiction come first or the social need for me. Not sure. Chicken and egg methinks.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit