Submission and stupid rules

by Lady Lee 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
  • meangirl
    meangirl

Now this thead makes sense!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had a real problem with sisters needing to wear headcovers when praying in the presence of baptized 12 year old boys.

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Oh, this is so stupid! For one thing, you weren't 'teaching' - - you were interpreting for the person teaching, for the MAN who was doing the teaching. Ridiculous to infinity and beyond it is. I'm sick anyway of religions that treat women as if they are relics from 2,000 years ago in the Mideast! It's all just so stupid! Oh, puhleeze spare me from any and all religions like this.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As I said before, a penis is essential to mental comprehension. These "men" are so emasculated and total jerks if a few women throw them into a dither. They greatly fear that women will outshine them. Nothing in the Bible requires this. I could swallow a lot to have family harmony but their pure hatred of women makes me want to trash them. I scare myself.

• The Quiet One
  • Vintage
    Vintage

I'd like to have help making a video for the deaf... to help them leave Watchtower.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I was reading one of the posts on the first page. - the sarcastic one where women can't lead because of hormones.

Give me a break. JWs and many others really believe this crap.

We had a brother in the congregation that got an erection every time he got on the platform. We had a small podium so we could all see it. Hard to miss. How distracted did you think his hormones were making him? it certainly distracted the audience. The elders finally got a wider podium for him to hide behind.

Some science:

In 2011, a research team based out of Ohio State University conducted a study to keep track of how often a sample of 283 college students thought about sex, food, and sleep throughout a week. The test subjects were given clickers to press every time each of these things came to mind. On average, the men reported thinking about sex 19 times a day, while the women reported thinking about it 10 times a day. https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/a28483383/how-often-think-about-sex/

So if he sleeps just 5 hours a night, then he probably thinks about sex at least once every hour. Some hours more then others.

1. Scenario 1: Male on the platform looking out over the audience. Sister low-cut-dress is clearly visible. I bet ya he gets some naughty thoughts
    2. Scenario 2: Sister in the front row keep crossing and recrossing her legs in a skirt that is just a tad, just a enough to get a small peek of thigh.
    3. Scenario 3: Well dressed sister but with a loose top keeps bending over to pick up something giving the speaker quite the view.

No wonder women are commanded to dress "modestly". The men can't handle a bit of skin. And even if he tries not to look, once he has seen it that is all he can think about.

One study said men get about 11 erections a day, even while they are sleeping. We know they get them before they are born.

We can at least take meds to help with pain and cramps. Men have it hard. Wouldn't want to be one with that thing and the thoughts that come with it constantly distracting me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LEE MARSH:

Yes, it’s true about men and how frequently they think about sex. When I was younger I had asked a boyfriend how often he thought about sex. His answer shocked me. Like you, I would not want to have their ‘anatomy’ and constantly distracting thoughts.

I guess that explains why in certain countries around the world, women are made to cover up from head to toe! Even their hair, face and ankles can’t show.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

We manage.

Takes years of practice and self-discipline, though.

Quite noble of us, really.

😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit