Submission and stupid rules

by Lady Lee 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What a load of crap this stupid belief was. I'll give you a couple of examples

I was the sign language interpreter for our congregation and there was about 15-20 deaf who regularly showed up. One of the things I was asked to do was teach others sigh language so they could help out with the interpreting. Fine I was more than happy to do it. I taught this for about 5 years and sometimes there were men who joined the classes. No one said a word about a female teaching men sign language.

Then one day an elder pulls me aside and says it is not my place to teach brothers anything and from now on he would teach the men who wanted to learn -- this after I taught HIM!. And he had to be one of the worst interpreters I ever saw.

Whatever.

We had two deaf elders. I learned sign language from the wife of one of them. They were a great couple and I loved them dearly. They had a daughter the same age as my youngest daughter and the girls often spent time together. In third grade the deaf school started something called reverse integration. Instead of the deaf kids going into hearing schools they had hearing kids go into the deaf school. (The deaf school was on one side of the school and children with physical disabilities were on the other. Anyway I decided after talking with the school to send our youngest to the school for the year. I thought they might put her in the deaf section but they placed her on the other side. But at recess she got to play with her deaf friend.

So I was at the school often and would pick up signs from the teachers and then when I was interpreting I would use the sign. Sign language is better understood if signs are used for words instead of spelling the words that have no sigh (or you don't know). Now whenever I introduced a new sign to the group I would show the sign spell the word and show the sign again and then carry on with the interpreting. I never had any problem with doing this and the deaf would start using the word -- all's fine.

Until one day the "other" deaf elder demanded to know where I got this new sigh I was teaching them. I told them from the deaf school. He immediately turned to his 10 yr old son who was also deaf and asked him if he knew this sign. The boy said yes and then the father said it was OK I could continue to use the sign.

Whatever

One last example. Since I had taught the other interpreters to sign I always sat in a place where I could watch them and help if needed. Well one day I wasn't paying the closest of attention and one of the deaf tapped me and wanted to know what the interpreter was saying. This happened to be a woman so I was allowed to correct her if needed. I started watching and she was supposed to be interpreting the word "circumstance". But instead she was using the word for circumcision. That can sure mess up the meaning. I could not get her attention long enough to show her the correct word so I told the deaf brother and he let the others know the correct word.

Now my issue here is this: If this had been a brother making this mistake I would have gotten into trouble for correcting him in front of the rest of the deaf. I was very thankful bro. signs-bad wasn't doing the interpreting.

But how stupid is that? Let's see correct him for making a mistake that makes him look entirely stupid and gives the talk no meaning" Or try my best to correct the situation?

I'm sure many of you have other kinds of examples. What are they?

• minimus
    minimus

To me, the WT. will make up any rule they can to put women down. I'm sure you were qualified. But simply because you didn't have a penis, you had to answer to them. How stoopid!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lady Lee..

That was frigg`in funny..

Probably not at the time for you though..

LOL!!..

Some JW men are extremely petty and incompetent..

They need to be told to "Shut the F**k Up!"..

Sometimes the best Man for the Job..Is a Woman..

The WBT$ wastes a lot of good people,simply because of Gender..

In Watchtower World..

Pettyness and Incompetence starts at the top..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

I must have been about 19 when I brought a kid I knew from my school to our hall. He had known many of us JW kids for years and had finally asked to come and see what it was like at our hall. Since I as a female would never ride in a car with a male. I spoke with my parents and they agreed that we would go and get him. Nice kid, very slow though. He lived and worked on a farm. When we picked him up, he was grateful and happy to join us. My Dad (who was an elder at the time)spoke lively with him and we had a nice drive to the hall.

Upon walking into our recently new quickbuild hall, I introduced him to several elders and friends. They all greeted him warmly. But he jumped suddendly, I looked behind him and there was Elder Mr Clean up hitting the back of his feet with one of the push brooms that picks up dirt as it rolls. I realized my friend had walked in and left a light dirt trail on the carpet. I gave the elder a nasty look. He made a rude comment and walked off. I apologized to my friend.

I guess it is a good thing that he never metioned the hall again or asked to come back.

Later that same Elder pulled me aside and told me that he didn't appreciate me giving him a nasty look. I was stunned. I couldn't stop thinking about how rude he was to do that to anyone, let alone someone who was not from our hall.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

To play Devil's advocate, it's probably good to have rules to keep women in line. We all know how emotional women can be, and quite frankly getting emotional is not the best way to get results. Men deal with logic and reasoning, women deal with hormones. If women could be Ministerial Servants, or Elders, nothing would ever get done because they would be too busy gossiping and having hot flashes to ever handle their assignments. Rarely do I ever request someone handle an assignment for me. If I was a woman, I'd probably always be calling someone at the last minute to handle the Highlights, or take the lead in Field Service. Why? Cause I'd be wigging out over a hot flash, or it would be that time of the month, or I'd be mad at one of the other sisters for wearing excessive makeup. So to be fair, the WTS has a point in this case.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To play Devil's advocate, it's probably good to have rules to keep women in line.....Miseryloveselders

Cartoon cavemen

....................... ...OUTLAW

• llbh
    llbh

That is crazy in every which way, just because you are a balls free zone does not mean your brain is the poorer for being such.

David

• minimus
    minimus

but look at Hillary Clinton.

• bsmart
    bsmart

So Misery, ya been out long????

BSmart

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

miseryloveselders

Are you married cause if you are, have you heard of Lorena Bobbitt.

If not..... you've never been laid huh?

LOL

Darth Plaugeis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit