Submission and stupid rules

by Lady Lee 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Since the thread started off by talking about deaf signing........At least Lady Lee was presumably not ordered to wear a head covering to do it, as they are now ! A sister brought a deaf lady to The Memorial, It looked so odd when she put on this beret to sign for her. All her friends teased her and she felt silly, but had to wear it.

At building projects I have seen in recent years, women have got involved as bricklayers etc..It seems they will take anybody if they need them.

As Lady Lee said from experience

Probably one of the worst things in the world is to be a smart and talented woman in a moronic subculture/cult where it's not valued, and actually a handicap. It's frustrating to the point of insanity.

That reminds me of a dub that I know. She walks a very narrow tightrope and the elders do not appreciate her at all. It is only her stubbornness and determination to "serve God" that keeps her going..

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Sorry but I was chuckling over this - women and kids are the victims of suppression in most religions run by men ......men go to a dominatrix and pay for the privilege....lol...sammieswife.

• dgp
    dgp

Sammieswife, that's hilarious.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, I think the elders always had their eye on me as one of them there female rebels.

Nice to just be a ball buster like God meant me to be now...(just kidding...I do like men a lot...when they behave!)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Since the thread started off by talking about deaf signing........At least Lady Lee was presumably not ordered to wear a head covering to do it, as they are now ! A sister brought a deaf lady to The Memorial, It looked so odd when she put on this beret to sign for her. All her friends teased her and she felt silly, but had to wear it.

No we didn't have to wear a head covering back then. It was decided that we were not in a teaching role so therefore didn't need the covering. I guess somewhere along the line they changed the rules. I did see they started wear dark blue aprons (went from shoulder to waist) This one I did understand. The deaf can read the signs better if there is a solid color behind the hands. But even that doesn't make sense to me because the the deaf themselves don't wear solid colors all the time and they can still understand each other. So I think it is just one more way to control people

• Violia
    Violia

So much of the Bible is concerned with keeping women under man's thumb and rules regarding sex . Pretty low level thinking-at the bottom of Maslow's Hierachy. You know, for a religion that concerns itself with the deeper things of God, they are can't get past the basics.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

A blue apron, huh? Well we're on our way to Burkaville, aren't we? Men are always telling women what to wear.

• Terry
    Terry

What galls me is that Jehovah's Witnesses wouldn't last ten seconds if all the women went on strike!

The turn them into factotums.

Women ENABLE everything at the crack of their husband's whip.

Women are disabled by the language used to describe them: the WEAKER vessel and SUBMISSIVE do not describe human rights equally applied!

What was done to black people in the 18th and 19th century by slaveholders continues ideologically inside of Kingdom Halls.

Which brings me to men who are Jehovah's Witnesses.

The last few contacts I have had (mostly at funerals I've attended) with the "brothers" has made me white-hot with anger.

Their condescending attitude and domineering and overbearing sense of personal authority when dealing with "sisters" makes me want to heave.

It seems that an elder has to be the least qualified as a human being to be most-qualified to lead a congregation!

In the novel by Ayn Rand, ATLAS SHRUGGED, the productive people in society go on strike to bring a dysfunctional society to its knees.

I think if the sisters in all the congregations stopped submitting sexually to the asshole brothers they are married to they could take over Bethel

and the Governing Body within 6 months!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Terry

What was done to black people in the 18th and 19th century by slaveholders continues ideologically inside of Kingdom Halls.

I think that for women the tradition goes back a lot farther than that. While there are some cultures that favor women it is far from the norm. And I don't think there is one culture that makes women equal. Just the fact that there are rules against gender bias shows the need to equalize the position that most women hold in society.

Their ["brothers"] condescending attitude and domineering and overbearing sense of personal authority when dealing with "sisters" makes me want to heave.

Makes me ill too now.

In the novel by Ayn Rand, ATLAS SHRUGGED, the productive people in society go on strike to bring a dysfunctional society to its knees.

I think if the sisters in all the congregations stopped submitting sexually to the asshole brothers they are married to they could take over Bethel and the Governing Body within 6 months!

I suspect you are right.

• The Quiet One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit