Ugly Sisters

by XPeterX 65 Replies latest jw friends

• nearlyfree
    nearlyfree

Hey i am in agreement with babygirl 30

I don't know what area YOU come from, but I have never BEEN and never will BE - ugly!

Even when i was a modest dressing JW, my ex used to think i was having it off with the bro's in the cong!!

As if.... all the bro's in my cong were UGLY....

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I always felt sad inside when I saw a really pretty 'sister' married to a loser goob who was an elder and owned his own company (ie drywall, janitorial, or some other construction or service trade)

I knew if they weren't in the "truth" there's no way they would ever stoop that low.

sorry, I guess this doesn't really go along with the thread topic of 'ugly sisters'

but I'm gonna hit the submit button anyway :)

• dgp
    dgp

Interesting.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The super hot ones, however, try to ugly themselves up so as to appear modest,

Or to ward off drooling, lecherous elders/ministerial servants/"brothers"... and/or the hateful and misplaced "evil-eye" of their "ugly" (as in mean-spirited) wives/intendeds. I know a couple/few ladies like this. First thing they did when they got out was to pay a little attention to their appearance (and, yeah, some did go a bit "wild", too - that happens sometimes when you let something go "free"...).

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I am so sick of people thinging fat=ugly. It's a typical sentiment among JW men. Worldly men (not as a whole, but in general) have more open standards of beauty. Especially the lovely men of color. Can I get a holla from the brothas? (I usually do.) Women can be sexy at any size.

NSFW

NSFW

NSFW

That said, as a teenager, I dressed and acted like a boy. Even though I was a true believer, I was rebelling against a culture in which men had all the privilege and women were worthless. I wanted to be a missionary. When that was denied to me (have to be married) I went to carpentry school so I could work on quickbuilds. I wanted to be valued for something other than providing the men something pretty to look at or being a comodity for some douchy brother as a wife.

The men are no prize either, but that's already been discussed.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

nothing uglier in my book than a woman who does not smile........... there's alot of them in the truth (kinda like that kate goslin puss)

they switch to that fake smile when a "good catch" brother is near

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mindmelda: beauty and brains!

- - - - - - -

When I was growing up there was an attractive young couple in our congregation with three adorable children. The wife was a real cutie but seemed a bit flighty, though, and sure enough, she left her family to run away with some jerk. Husband was stretched extremely thin caring for three little ones (plus a broken heart, plus being a JW). At the same time there was a spinster sister with well, a rather odd face. It looked like it had been squashed into shape - she was literally cock-eyed and her mouth was skewed. Not sure who pursued whom but they ended up together. I guess it worked out.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Especially the lovely men of color. Can I get a holla from the brothas? (I usually do.) Women can be sexy at any size.

Yeah, we do like em a little healthy, or as some of my fellow brothas will say.............she's thick. To add my two cents, I don't see a difference physically speaking between JW women and non JW women. There's fat JW women, theres fat nonJW women. There's hot ones, there's below average ones. The one difference I will acknowledge though is mentally, nonJW women have their head in a different place than JW women. As a single JW male, when I meet JW women, they come off like an interview. I can't just have a normal conversation with them, because they're too busy giving me their spiritual resume. I don't want to discuss how you're planning on auxilliary pioneering in the Ozarks, Arkansas. Whereas when conversing with nonJW women, its just a normal conversation. The other thing is, I get a kick out of intelligent women, not that you won't find that amongst JWs, but nonJW women have degrees, are career minded, independent, etc., and those are the sort of things I find attractive. I work in and office enviroment, and I love these professional women. You don't see that amongst hardcore JW women because its discouraged. They're too busy looking for a Pioneering partner, or some guy who'll work full time while she pioneers. That's not for me. And sad for me, when I do run into a JW woman not like typical JW women who I find attractive, chances are she's getting her fade on, while I'm fully entrenched, at least entrenched at this time.

But sticking with the thread topic, there's no real difference physically speaking between JW and nonJW women. At least I don't see it that way.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well I've never been really thin, I'm voluptous, although I was a very skinny kid, but men and women have always told me I'm attractive, regardless of what size I am.

I was a large sized model for a short while in my early twenties, and sadly, "large sized" in modeling is a size 12-14. I'm pretty tall, so that's a normal size for me. I'm also what people call "big boned" and yes, I know people use that as a euphemism for "fat", but I actually am.

I can't even wear a woman's wrist watch or gloves because my hands are too large for them. I wear men's gloves and a man's wrist watch band. I wear size 9-10 wide shoes.

My size has intimidated a lot of men along the way, but my husband is nearly 7 ft tall, and outweighs me by a 175 lbs at least, so to him, I'm pretty average sized. LOL Standing next to him, I almost feel petite.

But, yes, I used to notice that"good brothers" are given the idea that they need only consider the most stereotypically attractive women because there is a much higher ratio of single women Witnesses to single men.

My husband likes larger women, and he was literally attacked by a lot of the larger sisters who hadn't gotten a second glance from other brothers back when he was single and was coming to meetings. LOL He said he felt like fresh meat thrown into a kennel of pit bulls.

But all my kids are giants too, naturally, with parents like us. My oldest daughter is six feet and even though she is thin, she weighs about 190. Size 12 shoes, and my son is only 17 and is 6'4" already, and 250 lbs...size 14 shoes and growing.

My husband wears...don't faint...size 17/18 shoes. And yes, it's true what they say about men with big feet.

Their shoes ARE expensive.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can't even wear a woman's wrist watch or gloves because my hands are too large for them. I wear men's gloves and a man's wrist watch band. I wear size 9-10 wide shoes.

We're sister in stature, I can only wear some women's watches and forget ladies gloves or hats - too damn small. I wear a size 13 shoe, folks are always shocked cuz they say my foot doesn't look that big. Maybe cuz they're in proportion with the rest of my body, I'm 6'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit