What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The Kite Runner

• beksbks
    beksbks

Which City of God? I assume the Brazilian one.

Kite Runner, I own that. Haven't watched it yet, will I cry? The author of the book came to a signing at our library, but I was off that day. If I had known it would blow up the way it did, I would have gone in.

What is "Moon"? I love Sam Rockwell! Reminding me of two other movies I absolutely love. "A Midsummer Night's Dream", and "Galaxy Quest". Hehe nothing sophisticated about that one, just great performances and tons of fun.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Grey Gardens with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange in it. This is based on a true story and a remake of the 1975 version. It was really well done. sammieswife.

• beksbks
    beksbks

We have both of those at the Library, I've checked them both out, but never got to watch them. Grrrr, I spend too much time here.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

on't know if this one was mentioned but I loved "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins.

------------------------------

I forgot about that one. I love the Salt Flats and every time I've been by there, I think of that movie. It was amazing! So many good movies - sammieswife.

• watson
    watson

Original "Swept Away" ....yup!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whooooooooooot! Watson!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Don't know if this one was mentioned but I loved "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins.

Great movie! According to the SCTA web site, Burt's 1967 record still stands.

• agonus
    agonus

"What is "Moon"?"

rent or download & find out... ;) one of those ingenious little sci-fi gems... don't want to give away secrets... it's one of those

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I loved Sideways, Matchstick Men, The Talented Mr. Ripley and Firelight. Also Fever Pitch (the original with Colin Firth) and When a Man Loves a Woman.

Favorite French films: Le Pacte des Loups (bizarre and fabulous), Diner de Cons (hilarious) and Le Placard (hilarious again).

I'm a little worried about the upcoming American remake of Diner de Cons - Dinner for Schmucks...could be good, could be a complete disaster but it definitely won't surpass the original.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit