What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Kite Runner, I own that. Haven't watched it yet, will I cry?

Yes and you'll also likely find yourself shaking your fist at the camera.

????

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    Don't know if this one was mentioned but I loved "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins.

Great movie! According to the SCTA web site, Burt's 1967 record still stands.

Working from his home in Invercargill, he worked for 20 years to highly modify the 1920 Indian motorcycle which he had bought in 1920. Munro set his first New Zealand speed record in 1938 and later set seven more. He travelled to compete at the Bonneville Salt Flats, attempting to set world speed records. During his ten visits to the salt flats, he set three speed records, one of which still stands today. His efforts, and success, are the basis of the motion picture The World's Fastest Indian (2005), starring Anthony Hopkins, and an earlier 1971 short documentary film Burt Munro: Offerings to the God of Speed [ 4 ] – both directed by Roger Donaldson.

Munro’s Indian Scout was very early off the production line, being only the 627th Scout to leave the American factory. [ 6 ] The bike had an original top speed of 55 mph (89 km/h). [ 7 ] But this did not satisfy Munro so in 1926 he decided to start modifying his beloved Indian.

The biggest two challenges for Munro to overcome while modifying his bike were his lack of money and the fact that he worked full time as a motorcycle salesman. [citation needed] He would often work overnight on his bikes (he had a 1936 Velocette MSS as well), then in the morning, he would go to work, having had no sleep the night before.

• Because Munro was a man of modest means, he would often make parts and tools himself instead of having them professionally built. For example, he would cast parts in old tins, make his own barrels, pistons, flywheels, etc. His micrometer (a precision measuring instrument) was an old spoke. [ 8 ]

• In 1967 his engine was bored out to 950 cc (58 in³) and he set a class record of 295.44 km/h (183.59 mph). To qualify he made a one-way run of 305.89 km/h (190.07 mph), the fastest-ever officially-recorded speed on an Indian. [ 8 ] The unofficial speed record (officially timed) is 331 km/h (205.67 mph) for a flying mile. [ 9 ]
  • Sorry for the jack, but all Hail the God of Speed!
  • watson
    watson

"Moon."

• BackRoomBilly
    BackRoomBilly

Six pages and nobody mentioned the HANGOVER.

hangover

• upnorth
    upnorth

Idle Hands is popular in this house

And Killer Tomatoes is a must see

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Just had a good laugh with 'The Invention Of Lying'

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I took everyone's advice here and watched "Synechdoche NY" last night.

It is definately a must-see!!

Good suggestion, all who recommended it!

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Black Orpheus

The Power of One

Das Experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw5sUfMcQpc

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Nobody Knows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFOojXrMkw&feature=related

Veronica Guerin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QBMrFw9Xo

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

A recent thread reminded me of Man From Earth...

IMDB link

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit