What Do You Think Of Israel & Obama's Relationship?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    Does Israel have the right to exist? To defend itself?

No. They stole that land by killing a bunch of innocent Palestinians.

The reason the Jews have existed for all these centuries is because they refuse to allow others to bully them.

They exsist because the U.S and U.K kept suppling them with enough weapons and money to continue to surpress Palestinians.

• minimus
    minimus

I take it you're a Zionist.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    No. They stole that land by killing a bunch of innocent Palestinians.

I am sure that in consistency, you would say that the United States (or Canada, or Mexico, or whatever nation) which militarily occuped it's territory has no right to exist or defend itself.

This smacks of basic prejudice against the Jews to me.

• minimus
    minimus

I say we need to give the American Indians back their land!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Remove any defense capabilities (which have been given by the USA) and what will happen to Israel?

• minimus
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

…some background information posters might want to consider. Western nations helped to destroy the Middle East’s educational system. When Britain controlled Egypt, Lord Cromer drastically cut the educational budget, because he believed that education would “create a group of intellectuals imbued with nationalist ideals and a sense of frustration over their inferior status.” In other words, he wanted to keep them stupid so they wouldn’t revolt. In addition, before the British occupation in 1882, Egypt and Tunisia in particular had taken great steps towards constitutional rule…until Britain used force to stifle democracy.

From 1922 to the military revolution in 1952, Britain forcefully kept out of power the overwhelmingly popular Wafd Party that was dedicated to establishing a Western parliamentary government. French, Dutch, and Britain openly fomented hatred between ethnic groups in a short-sighted “divide and conquer” scheme. Small little Lebanon was divided into twelve distinct “ethnic” areas that never before existed. Libya had a vibrant educational system, but by 1945, they had only a handful of citizens with a modern education, because Italy destroyed the school system. That certainly worked out nicely now didn’t it? Despite that, in the inter-war period, the ME loved the US and its ideals. It naively thought that Wilson’s 14 points and talk of “self-determination” applied to them. They openly allowed US missionaries to work. A by-product of that is some of the remaining premier missionary-established schools in the area: the American University of Beirut, the American University of Cairo, and Bogazici University in Istanbul.

So a fair amount of the difficulties experienced in the Middle East is the unintended by-product of Western foreign policy. While the US has a short memory (a nice euphemism for saying we are pretty ignorant of history), a 50 year old in the M.E. has direct memories of life under imperialistic rule.

In 1917, Palestine was 90 percent Arab, and Jews and Arabs in the region had lived in peace for decades. What angered the Palestinians was the shipping in of thousands of Jews from Europe. However, regardless of how it happened, Israel is not going anywhere, and Palestinians must deal with this reality. Additionally, Palestinians too are not going anywhere, and Israel must deal with this reality. The UN needs to take a stronger role, establish an oversight committee, and must force Israel to pay the Palestinians for their land. Western countries should be forced to accept Palestinian families who choose to take their money and leave. Israel needs to respect the already established boundaries, tear down their illegal settlements (or give them to the Palestinians) and quit attempting land grabs. This is the behavior that Obama is saying is unacceptable.

The US gives a ridiculous amount of money each year to Israel for everything from weapons to donations to UN services to buy “gets” for Israeli women whose ex-husbands are jerking them around in divorce court.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The decline in the Islamic world began long before the 20th century. There is a reason the western Europeans were able to take control of the area.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ROBDAR SAID

Good grief, woman. I feel as if I cannot be understood by you. If I don't respond to you, you want to know why, if I respond to you, you are insulted or think that I'm insulted. Oy vey.

Please kiss me so we can make up. This time, show me some passion and please give me a little tongue.

JESUS - I WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY TO SEE THAT

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thank you Justitia, you have summed it up so clearly. As usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit