What Do You Think Of Israel & Obama's Relationship?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seems that Obama and Netanyahu cannot work together and Israel is being isolated. The two men had a recent falling out and once again Israel looks like they will have to fend for themselves in the Arab world. What I see is the USA distancing themselves from Israel and becoming more pro-Arab.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. I'm hoping he will bring real, lasting peace to the Middle East.

Meanwhile, he's been so effective at killing Muslims via drone attacks, that even W is getting jealous.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , hellllllooooooooooooooo , we are trillions of dollars in debt and did those basterds ever offer a dime ? only more debt. Way past time to cut and run .

• snowbird
    snowbird

Obama just seems to be pro-Muslim.

I believe events are shaping up for this here scenario:

Zechariah 14
    The Day Is Coming

1 -2 Note well: God's Judgment Day is on the way: "Plunder will be piled high and handed out. I'm bringing all the godless nations
    to war against Jerusalem— Houses plundered,
    women raped, Half the city taken into exile,
    the other half left behind."

3 -5 But then God will march out against the godless nations and fight— a great war! That's the Day he'll take his stand on the Mount of Olives, facing Jerusalem from the east. The Mount of Olives will be split right down the middle, from east to west, leaving a wide valley. Half the mountain will shift north, the other half south. Then you will run for your lives down the valley, your escape route that will take you all the way to Azal. You'll run for your lives, just as you ran on the day of the great earthquake in the days of Uzziah, king of Judah. Then my God will arrive and all the holy angels with him. MSG

Sylvia

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

America has been Israel's bitch for WAY too long. It is time for America to cease its nonsensical "special" relationship and treat Israel like any other country. The Israeli lobby has dominated politics in this country to a huge extent. It has to stop.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If Obama distances himself from Israel he will be less in the crosshairs of the Muslims when Israel destroys the nuclear sites in Iran. Gotta think ahead. W.Once

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It seems that Obama and Netanyahu cannot work together and Israel is being isolated. The two men had a recent falling out and once again Israel looks like they will have to fend for themselves in the Arab world. What I see is the USA distancing themselves from Israel and becoming more pro-Arab.

I have to agree. I would not be surprised to next see pressure on Israel to disclose its nuclear weapons profile and join the Non-proliferation agreement: I.E. - to accept being a non-nuclear state. Both Obama and Clinton have long been more pro-PLO than pro Israel in their philosophy. I wonder how all the Jews in the U.S. (who are predominately democratic voters) feel about this development after helping elect Obama.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, Eiben. I can't say I disagree with you. I think the pro Arab comment is a perfect indication of exactly that. We don't even recognize what being objective looks like anymore we've moved so close to Israel. How are we supposed to mediate peace talks when we have been so obviously biased? If I were an Arab leader, I certainly wouldn't trust us or Israel.

• Robdar
    Robdar

It's all a game. Like most politicians, Obama has to talk out of both sides of his mouth in order to appease the Arabs and the Israelis. Besides, Israel is an ally and our first line of defense against Arabic nations that hate us almost as much as they hate the Israelis.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If Obama distances himself from Israel he will be less in the crosshairs of the Muslims when Israel destroys the nuclear sites in Iran. Gotta think ahead. W.Once

Gosh I hope you are right. Maybe this is just Machiavellian political dissimulation.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit