What Do You Think Of Israel & Obama's Relationship?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That's not a defense.. Multitudes HATE Jews in this world. That is a fact. I don't think the USA kisses Israel's ass more than they do Canada's.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Again Rob that's unbelievably silly. The goal is peace is it not? I'm sorry if I tend to think of countries as being groups of humans, not colors on a map. I have no partiality to any race or religion, I just happen to believe that there is always more than one side. That if anyone is to have a modicum of safety in this world, we are going to have to find a way to work this bitch out. And telling one side to suck it up and take it is not going to work.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Apparently, the plan is to isolate our friends and appease our enemies.

That's funny, weren't you and yours complaining a few months ago about pandering to Europe?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What Do I Think Of Israel & Obama's Relationship?

I think it's a better, more realistically balanced relationship than any other recent American president has had with Israel.

As indicated:

Speaking The Truth To Israel Makes Israelis Like President Obama More

By realitybasedbob on March 23, 2010 at 02:17 am Comments (0) Bookmark and Share

Despite public row, Israelis’ view of Obama improves

JERUSALEM — After last week’s public row with Washington over Israel’s decision to build new Jewish dwellings in disputed East Jerusalem, many Israelis are re-evaluating the relationship between the Jewish state and its No. 1 foreign ally.

Surprisingly, President Barack Obama’s popularity in Israel is on the rise, and the harsh criticism of Israel’s actions by his top aides - as an “insult” and “slap in the face” during a visit by Vice President Joe Biden - may have strengthened the trend.

A new poll published in Haaretz, the left-of-center Hebrew daily newspaper, found that 69 percent of Israelis think that Obama’s treatment of Israel is “friendly and fair,” a sea change from a similar poll last June in The Jerusalem Post, a right-of-center English daily, which found that only 6 percent of Israelis saw Obama as “pro-Israel.”

To judge from random interviews at Jerusalem’s Mahne Yehuda outdoor market, the new poll tapped a genuine shift in sentiment,

Roni Richtman, a 21-year-old student at Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, told McClatchy Newspapers he appreciated the “firm but understanding” manner in which the Americans handled the dispute.

JERUSALEM, March 19 (UPI) -- The majority of Israelis said they think U.S. President Barack Obama's treatment of Israel is fair, a Haaretz-Dialog poll released Friday indicates.

Poll results also indicated most respondents didn't believe claims that Obama is anti-Semitic or is hostile to Israel, Haaretz said.

The poll was conducted Tuesday and Wednesday, a week after Israel's announcement during a visit by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden that it would build 1,600 housing units in east Jerusalem, sparking criticism from the United States.

The survey indicates Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's stature wasn't damaged by the diplomatic snafu, but the continued building in Jerusalem could haunt him down the road.

Forty-eight percent of respondents said Israel must keep building, even if it means a rift with the United States. Another 41 percent said Israel must agree to the U.S. demand to cease the construction effort until peace negotiations with Palestinian officials are concluded. The peace talks have been dormant since December 2008.

Support for Obama up in Israel

JERUSALEM
    March 27, 2010
    Ads by Google
    Australia Photos

Get An iGoogle Homepage Featuring Australia Photos. Browse Themes Now

www.Google.com/ig

SURPRISINGLY, after last week's public row in Washington, US President Barack Obama's popularity in Israel is on the rise, and the harsh criticism of Israel's actions by administration figures, including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, may have strengthened the trend.

A new poll published in Haaretz, the left-of-centre Hebrew daily newspaper, found that 69 per cent of Israelis think that Mr Obama's treatment of Israel was ''friendly and fair''.

In a similar poll last June in The Jerusalem Post, a right-of-centre English-language daily, only 6 per cent of Israelis saw Mr Obama as ''pro-Israel''.

Roni Richtman, a 21-year-old student at Jerusalem's Hebrew University, said he appreciated the ''firm but understanding'' manner in which the Americans handled the dispute.

Sarit Tamim, 56, said she didn't trust Mr Obama initially, but that he had ''grown to be a good guy''.

''He's been good with Israel so far … I thought he even could have been a bit rougher with [Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu,'' she said.

At the same time, polls show that the Israeli public backs Mr Netanyahu's controversial settlements expansion.

• minimus
    minimus

Does Israel have the right to exist? To defend itself?

The countries surrounding Israel want to destroy it. They will not recognize the "right" of Israel to exist. Taking that mentality into consideration tells me why the Israelis don't trust these people. Would you, really??

• Robdar
    Robdar

And Kissing Arab Ass Is A Smart Political Move, Outlaw?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And telling one side to suck it up and take it is not going to work.

When one side makes unreasonable demands, and is driven by hate and fanaticism, then refusal to accede becomes one of the only options. We are NOT dealing among equals here. Peace is not merely the absence of war. Impartial dealings between good and evil are not virtuous. And appeasement generally fails.

IT IS always a temptation to an armed and agile nation,

To call upon a neighbour and to say:

"We invaded you last night - we are quite prepared to fight,

Unless you pay us cash to go away."

And that is called asking for Dane-geld,

And the people who ask it explain

That you’ve only to pay ’em the Dane-geld

And then you’ll get rid of the Dane!

It is always a temptation to a rich and lazy nation,

To puff and look important and to say:

"Though we know we should defeat you, we have not the time to meet you.

We will therefore pay you cash to go away."

And that is called paying the Dane-geld;

But we’ve proved it again and again,

That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld

You never get rid of the Dane.

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,

For fear they should succumb and go astray,

So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,

You will find it better policy to say:

"We never pay any one Dane-geld,

No matter how trifling the cost,

For the end of that game is oppression and shame,

And the nation that plays it is lost!"

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

...if you wanna get ****ed in the ass.

• JeffT
    JeffT

How do you coexist with some one who's stated goal is to destroy you?

I have been doing A LOT of reading on the history of the area. (One of my novel series is heading toward the Barbary Wars.) Disregard for western concepts like tolerance and coexistence simply is not part of the religious traditions of the area. Can they change? Sure, but they don't even seem to want to at the moment. To use an anology, it would be like trying to explain your ideas of coexistence to the Governing Body, in regard to their relationship with the Catholic church.

• minimus
    minimus

The reason the Jews have existed for all these centuries is because they refuse to allow others to bully them. Remember David & Goliath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit