Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Another scripture totally lost on JWs

Matthew 22:31-32 (New International Version)

31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

And this one

Hebrews 11:4 (New International Version)

4 By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

And these

John 11:25-26 (New International Version)

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Another? Where was the FIRST????

(You promote what Satan told Eve, Chalam)

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I would go the other way round on this topic:

Besides Mathew 24:14 and Mathew 24:45-47, John 3:16, WT ignores the rest of the Bible

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

MJW - Still not offering anything other than B.S. I hoped that you'd have some real historical facts....that's not the case though is it?

dc

• Lieu
    Lieu

Matt 8:
    10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those who were following him, “Truly I tell you, not even in Israel have I found this kind of faith!
    11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and will feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Hmmmmmmm.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Acts 6:

2 The twelve apostles called all the disciples together and told them, "It's not right for us to give up God's word in order to distribute food.
    3 So, brothers and sisters, choose seven men whom the people know are spiritually wise. We will put them in charge of this problem

Aha!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW (You promote what Satan told Eve, Chalam)

If you read my post it is clear that all I did was quote five verses.

Matthew 15:6-9 (New International Version)

Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
    8 " 'These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    9 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are but rules taught by men.'"

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

TTWSYF - You choose to put your own spin on what happened. You have rejected the 'proof'.

Lieu- so they come from east and west, then are whisked to heaven? The Kingdom IS in heaven, but INCLUDES the earth as the U.S. does Hawaii, and Alaska. The brothers and sisters were to choose MEN.

Chalam, you add new (and FALSE) definitions to words in an attempt to prop up what you WANT to believe.

Thus, I ignore NO scripture- altho it's impossible to agree with your views, since they are untrue.

Any OTHER scripture you think we IGNORE?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love amongst yourselves."

Often quoted, but largely ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit