Most-Ignored Scriptures by JWs

by Mad Sweeney 508 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ELIZALDE
    ELIZALDE

BackRoomBilly here (this is a screen name i created but didn't like, so i haven't used it.)

Sorry, I have reached my 10 post limit.

The TRUTH is that Jesus died so that fools like you and me may have eternal life if we choose to follow him.

Jesus is the the TRUTH the LIFE and the WAY.

BRB- OUT (sorry if i violated any rules of this site. I wont post with this name anymore.)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

It's interesting to note that there are not any scriptures noted that other Christian groups would chose to ignore....plenty that the watchtower and it's adherents would [and do] ignore. Still trying to say that the trinity is a concept started from the 4th century. Isn't that when the bible books were confirmed? those crazy catholics...atleast they gave us the bible.

dc

• losthusband
    losthusband

Marked

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary , the scriptures say the earth will last FOREVER, and Revelation summs it up referring to a NEW Earth, as well as Christ saying we will inherit it!

Inheriting something in no way means that you're going to be living on it "forever". If you inherit a piece of land from your father, does that automatically mean that you'll be alive "forever"? Only in the Watchtower World could such stupid reasoning be considered 'normal.' Besides, the bible says on various occassions that the earth will end some day:

Psalm 102:25-26 "Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself, And the heavens are the work of your hands. 26 They themselves will perish, but you yourself will keep standing; And just like a garment they will all of them wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will finish their turn."

Isaiah 51:6 "Raise YOUR eyes to the heavens themselves, and look at the earth beneath. For the very heavens must be dispersed in fragments just like smoke, and like a garment the earth itself will wear out, and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat. But as for my salvation, it will prove to be even to time indefinite, and my own righteousness will not be shattered."

Matthew 24:34-35 "Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away."

Hebrews 1:10-12 "You at [the] beginning, O Lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands. 11 They themselves will perish, but you yourself are to remain continually; and just like an outer garment they will all grow old, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as an outer garment; and they will be changed, but you are the same, and your years will never run out."

As for your idea that "the meek shall inherit the earth", even the WT does not apply that to the average Dub. They instead claim that it's referring to Jesus and the 144,000:

Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1 p.1201 "The anointed members of the Christian congregation are spoken of as having a heavenly inheritance, sharing Jesus' inheritance as his "brothers." (Eph 1:14; Col 1:12; 1Pe 1:4, 5) This includes the earth.-Mt 5:5."

Watchtower 1974 June 15 pp.377-378 "... saying that the 'mild-tempered will inherit the earth.' Yes, those mild-tempered ones who are to be with Christ in his heavenly kingdom will rule over this earth."

Watchtower 1959 August 1 p.479 "When Jesus said, as recorded at Matthew 5:5, "Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth," of whom was he speaking?-H. S., U.S.A. Jesus here applied the expression "mild-tempered" or "meek" to his disciples of that time who were in line for the heavenly kingdom. He was the chief meek one among them and their example. Hebrews 1:1, 2 and 2:5, 6 show that Jesus inherits the earth or takes over the possession of it. His disciples were made his joint heirs in the Kingdom and enter into this inheritance or possession of the earth with him. Hence Matthew 5:5 does not strictly apply to the "other sheep.""

Watchtower 1958 March 1 p.139 "Will that mark the fulfillment of Jesus' promise: "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth"? No, at least not primarily. Those words, first uttered by the psalmist David, apply first of all to the pre-eminently meek One, Jesus Christ, to whom his Father, Jehovah God, said: "Ask of me, that I may give nations as your inheritance and the ends of the earth as your own possession." Inheriting the earth is part of his reward for his meek and faithful course while a man.-Matt. 5:5, AS; Ps. 2:8.

There are several scriptures that clearly show that heaven or "paradise" was the destination of the faithful both in the OT and the NT:

Matthew 8:11 "But I tell YOU that many from eastern parts and western parts will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of the heavens."

Matthew 5:11-12 "Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

Luke 16:22 "Now in course of time the beggar died and he was carried off by the angels to the bosom [position] of Abraham."

Hebrews 11:13-16 "In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land. For those who say such things give evidence that they are earnestly seeking a place of their own. And yet, if they had indeed kept remembering that [place] from which they had gone forth, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they are reaching out for a better [place], that is, one belonging to heaven. Hence God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God, for he has made a city ready for them."

Ephesians 4:4 "One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called"

1 Corinthians 12:13 "For truly by one spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink one spirit."

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."

Matthew 19:21 "Jesus said to him: "If you want to be perfect, go sell your belongings and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower."

John 14:2-4"In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told YOU, because I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be. 4 And where I am going YOU know the way."

Luke 20:34-38 "Jesus said to them: "The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God's children by being children of the resurrection. 37 But that the dead are raised up even Moses disclosed, in the account about the thornbush, when he calls Jehovah 'the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob.' 38 He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.""

Romans 6:3,5 "Or do YOU not know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we shall certainly also be [united with him in the likeness] of his resurrection."

1 Corinthians 15:42-50 'So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption, it is raised up in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised up in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised up in power. 44 It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. 45 It is even so written: "The first man Adam became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 Nevertheless, the first is, not that which is spiritual, but that which is physical, afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is out of the earth and made of dust; the second man is out of heaven. 48 As the one made of dust [is], so those made of dust [are] also; and as the heavenly one [is], so those who are heavenly [are] also. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we shall bear also the image of the heavenly one. 50 However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption."

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 "We are therefore always of good courage and know that, while we have our home in the body, we are absent from the Lord, for we are walking by faith, not by sight. 8 But we are of good courage and are well pleased rather to become absent from the body and to make our home with the Lord."

So there you have it. There is no place in the scriptures that talk about a future "paradise earth" where human beings will live forever. The few that the WT uses are references to the Jews being released from their captivity in Babylon and their land being restored to them.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Excellent post Mary; and may I add a scripture you cited as one often ignored by the WTS:

"John 14:2-4"In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told YOU, because I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be. 4 And where I am going YOU know the way."

I've seen it mentioned in their literature (including the Greatest Man book) but they seldom address what appears to be the obvious import of Jesus' words, and they (to my knowledge) shy away from explaining what the "many abodes" are.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Well, Mary- it's so impressive that you study all our literature so muchl are you in "good standing" at your Kingdom Hall? heh

You just revealed your complete ignorance.

Here it is simplified for you, so that there is the slim, slim chance you can comprehend.

1-God MADE the Earth for mankind

2- He intends(ed) for them to live on it forever

3-It will last forever

4- Corruption will be removed at the appointed time (Heaven & Earth 'pass away', NEW Heaven, NEW Earth)

5- The Meek will inherit it, living on it forever (Rev shows a great crowd that has SURVIVED, with palm branches)

6- Heaven & Earth are ruled by the Kingdom (Christ, and those resurrected to Rule with him)

Now don't go rushing to Watchtower articles, to find some absurd opinion- try sticking to these facts shown by the Bible, please!

After I finish the List identifing God, Christ, and spirit ( http://www.themadjws.com/theonlytruegod.htm ), I will do the same with all scriptures referring to the Earth (Hebrew "land"), to clarify this, as well.

Of course, it APPEARS you are a churchoid, thus scriptures are only something to twist, to you...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Well, Mary- it's so impressive that you study all our literature so muchl are you in "good standing" at your Kingdom Hall? heh

Are you? Do your elders know about your website - something specifically forbidden for a JW to do?

You just revealed your complete ignorance.

Statements like that are the mark of the troll - endlessly repeating utter nonsense and making personal insults. Mary went to some effort to put up a coherent answer.

All you did was try to plug your website yet again.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Mary just CnPed- and you know it.

Think she reads Watctowers from the 50s to today's?

Think she whipped out her Bible and spent hours looking up scriptures that appear to say the earth will be destroyed? Would you care to invest in the Golden Gate bridge?

Her entire Holier-than-thou attitude shows a lack of sincerity- so judge me all you want Ant-JW Troll.

(If you don't know your Bible well, and want me to look up the scriptures for those 6 biblical points I posted, let me know- I'll be GLAD to!)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Statements like that are the mark of the troll - endlessly repeating utter nonsense and making personal insults. Mary went to some effort to put up a coherent answer.
    All you did was try to plug your website yet again.

There seems to be a pattern and ulterior motive to his postings.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Her entire Holier-than-thou attitude shows a lack of sincerity

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit