What Are Some Of The Dumbest Beliefs JW's Have?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet
    sweet

well...jw female can wear pants....for one thing i've seen jw females out and about in pants/jeans/shorts...you name it...i've seen people go to the kingdom hall with their work clothes on and also some jws as well because they just got off of work and they're not in suit and ties and dresses..

i know jws who are firefighters, cops, teachers, and doctors so saying that their beliefs say they can't be any of these things are wrong as well. because i have honestly seen a watchtower/awake magazine saying that its ok to be such things.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    i know jws who are firefighters, cops, teachers, and doctors so saying that their beliefs say they can't be any of these things are wrong as well. because i have honestly seen a watchtower/awake magazine saying that its ok to be such things.

Well, now - that is a watchtower/awake that says it is OK to be a cop? This I would really like to see.

Otherwise, calling JW apologist BS.

• Chalam
    Chalam

MidwichCuckoo Errr..that they have 'The Truth'..?

Indeed. Here's some more...

That the truth changes.

That Jesus is "a god".

That Jesus is the angel Michael.

That Jesus is now a "spirit creature" without a body.

That the WT is the way, the truth and the life, not Jesus.

That JWs pay for their own sins, not Jesus.

That JWs have the WT as their mediator, not Jesus.

Blessings,

Stephen

• sweet
    sweet

the truth changes....ok, not sure of what truth changes but if you could please point them out to me id love to see this along with the wt/awake article that you seen this in as well please...well...unless of course your meaning they no longer have cross...no longer celebrate holidays as they were back in the good old days way back before most of our times...i'd whether have jws things change as they see that it is wrong and point out in the scriptures where they come up with this whether then have most of religion teaching the same thing and the religious teachers know its a lie to even teach their people so they can get paid mega dollars..such as people burning in hell...jesus is god...most everybody having a cross when its a pagan origin has absolutely nothing to do with jesus like most religions think...and even if it was a cross that jesus died upon...i'm sorry folks if you want to have something in your house that a friend or a relative of yours died on along with false pretenses that your friend or loved one died for go ahead...most of my friends died in car crashes i'm sorry i'm not going to have a carving of a tree with the car that my friends died in nor a lil charm of a tree with the car that again they died in to remember them by....

jesus even said that he's not god....he is the son of god

the wt is the way, the truth, and the life, not jesus....have not seen that written anywhere in any publications but if you could please point me to it i'd like to see this please...

jws pay for their own sins, not jesus...again publication to point this out...because i seen nothing but jesus that paid for everyone's sins in the publications...

jewelry as demon possessed??? thats funny most jws both male and female i see all wear some type of jewelry

• JWoods
    JWoods
    the truth changes....ok, not sure of what truth changes but if you could please point them out to me id love to see this along with the wt/awake article that you seen this in as well please

Well, how about you go first with the one that says it is OK to be a cop?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    because i have honestly seen a watchtower/awake magazine saying that its ok to be such things.

That anything published in WT literature carries more authority than the Bible does.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome sweet!

Agreed, the truth does not change Hebrews 13:8, James 1:17, Malachi 3:6 In fact, it cannot or it would not be the truth.

Does being the Son Of God make Jesus "a god"?

What is the difference between Jesus and these children of God or is there none? Hosea 1:10, Matthew 5:9, Romans 8:14, Galatians 3:26

How does a JW have Jesus pay for their sins if they are not in the blood of the new covenant? Hebrews 9:15, Matthew 26:28, John 6:53, John 6:54

Blessings,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One new one is "a generation". Now, they are stringing generations end to end like I do with Christmas lights. At least the Christmas lights look pretty.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    That anything published in WT literature carries more authority than the Bible does.

Exactly - and that the WT literature can just publish whether or not you should go to college, what job you should take, or whether or not you should (as a good JW) be posting on ex-JW sites on the internet.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pick just about anything from Daniel or Revelation. Such as:

• The 7 trumpet blasts are 7 district conventions in the 1920s.

You can obtain a college education by reading the Awake magazine.

I love those. I will add a new one. Maybe I am jumping the gun in that they do not believe this dumb one yet until they study it this year:

Jesus apparently meant that the great tribulation would arrive before some anointed one passed away whose life overlapped with the life of an anointed one who was alive in 1914.

I bet they cannot explain it themselves even right after studying the article without their brains hurting or locking up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit