What Are Some Of The Dumbest Beliefs JW's Have?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know there are a lot.

One belief I never understood is that blood fractions might be ok for a Christian but not "whole blood". To me the "blood doctrine" is ridiculous from a scriptural point of view.

• JWoods
    JWoods

That is ridiculous, Minimus.

Let me start off with the uber-stupid idea that the human heart was capable of generating intelligent thought. Gone now, I guess, but it was a big deal back in around 1970 when somebody pipe-dreamed this up.

And note: all "heart thoughts" were BAD thoughts, in those dramas.

• 70-Years-Of-Servatude
    70-Years-Of-Servatude

I think it's if you pray hard enough for the FDS that they will be shown to be right in all that they have printed over the years and you'll live because you didn't doubt them

• minimus
    minimus

The intelligent heart. Oh yeah.

• minimus
    minimus

Even if the FDS is wrong, WAIT.........................on Jehovah.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The biggest one is that God has a "channel of communication." Either god likes telling lies to his representatives, or the representatives aren't listening.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Pick just about anything from Daniel or Revelation. Such as:

• The 7 trumpet blasts are 7 district conventions in the 1920s.
    • The 2300 days of Daniel 8:14 began in 1938 when a Watchtower article about Organization was published and ended at the 1944 Annual Meeting when the WT's board of directors amended the corporate charter.

...and plenty more...

• blondie
    blondie

because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God.

J. F. Rutherford, Reconciliation, 1928, p. 14.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/jehovah.html

• dinah
    dinah

The belief that Holy Spirit directs the elders. That one is priceless!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The use of the term Jehovah is, well, not dumb per say, but pretty silly.

Ok, let me rephrase that, not the USE, that is wrong, it is a term like any other, liek Elohim and Adonai, it is the incorrect teaching that it is THE only true name of God and that one MUST USE the True name of God, that teaching is dumb since they admit that Jehovah is probably NOT the name, but that they use it because it is popular.

The more horrendus belief is the blood transfusion thing, any doctrine that kills is BEYOND Dumb !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit