Hello..this is my story..

by Lozhasleft 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi Chalam/Stephen ...Wow!! Yes ..all those apply...and soooo many more...have you had a similar experience? How about Romans 5 v 5 & 2 Cor 1 v 22? I would like very much to debate this further with you?

PURPLESOFA Hi interesting questions...when I had this 'spiritual experience' because I was a witness at the time, that was the environment in which I related to it..however, its such a very personal event and I now believe that the JWs dont have exclusivity to it. It was my own relationship with God and the scriptures which was completely changed & strengthened. I also felt from then that my relationship with Jesus had indeed become different in that I definitely now felt 'related' to him completely, just like close family. Nothing has changed for me ...I still feel the same. It was the lack of love in the congregations that prompted my fears about the WBTS and looking back I remember that as time went on and in the years between my 'experience' in 1992 and my disfellowshipping..as the society focused more and more on their own literature and less and less on scripture..I found that so very draining on me...leaving me feeling 'flat' and 'disatisfied' spiritually...and that is pretty significant for me now..

POOPSIECAKES You're right ... my atheist husband and I do have some rather heated debates ! But this is now allowed in my life now of course and we learn from each other...lol

SCARRED FOR LIFE Yes I intend to visit different churches to see if I can find my 'home' anywhere now but its scary stuff...I have been to an odd service in different ones with friends and was relieved to find that once they opened the bible and the scriptures were discussed I was in my element ...so that's quite telling...

QUANDRY Isnt Uni great? I am so enjoying it I'm doing Eng Lit and Drama ..how about you? No...none of my children are in contact ...thats a whole other terrible story...probably the most painful of all...

MOSHE I didnt know that was the reason for the banning of smoking? How strange and as usual, how presumptuous of them.

ANA_DOTE I very much like your thinking and I do agree with you.

YNOT Ha ha ...the wine is just wine and the unleavened bread is just very dry... I prefer a good Rioja personally.

ETNA I have read a fair bit from Ray Franz's book C of C and have ordered a copy....

LADYLIBERTY Your cyber hug is much appreciated. Thank you.

LIFE IS NOW I would like very much to know more about your story and will go and look for your experience under your previous site name.

JAMIEBOWERS Wow! Really? Thats pretty disgusting isnt it? How dare they make these awful decisions....

Warmest regards to all.....

Loz x x

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

PURPLESOFA Hi interesting questions...when I had this 'spiritual experience' because I was a witness at the time, that was the environment in which I related to it..however, its such a very personal event and I now believe that the JWs dont have exclusivity to it. It was my own relationship with God and the scriptures which was completely changed & strengthened. I also felt from then that my relationship with Jesus had indeed become different in that I definitely now felt 'related' to him completely, just like close family. Nothing has changed for me ...I still feel the same. It was the lack of love in the congregations that prompted my fears about the WBTS and looking back I remember that as time went on and in the years between my 'experience' in 1992 and my disfellowshipping..as the society focused more and more on their own literature and less and less on scripture..I found that so very draining on me...leaving me feeling 'flat' and 'disatisfied' spiritually...and that is pretty significant for me now..

Thank-you for your response,

purps

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, Loz! Wow, what a story. You're definitely a survivor. I agree with you about organized religion. I find they use God for their own purposes. I want nothing to do with their fear based agendas.

I am very glad that you have a loving partner now in your life. It is interesting that the love of your life is an atheist. I am curious... if you believe in the Bible, how do you reconcile this? How do you deal with the belief that he will not be in heaven with you once the 2 of you die?

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Loz)))))))

What a story, and what a moving tribute to the Holy Spirit!

Romans 5:5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. NIV

2 Corinthians 1:22 ... set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. NIV

While stilll with the JW's, I felt the Spirit's witness on several occasions, but I shrugged it off.

Finally, I had to yield; I left in 2005 and haven't looked back.

I haven't joined up with a church or anything like that.

I just try to let my light shine each and every day by showing love toward all.

Sylvia

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello there Heaven - well, when I met my husband I fell in love with him as the person he was, he has strong political opinions, he's an avid football fan, he's intellectual and intelligent and very well read, he makes me laugh even when things are difficult, he loves and cares for his family deeply and does the same with those of mine that allow for it, he has an honesty, integrity and loyalty that I never found in anyone to such an extent certainly not in the KH, he is kind and generous and forgiving, he adores me and protects me as if I'm precious, something I've never known in all my life. I absolutely adore him back and we have something so special that I feel as if I've won a happiness prize. I actually often think he was sent by God because he has enabled and helped me to grow and recover and heal from my sorrows. I will wait and see about that. His atheism is mostly based on his disgust at religions and their oppression, and how can I argue with that?

I am uncertain that I will actually gain my 'place' in heaven, based on my failings in recent times, it is after all only ever a 'hope' so am leaving that decision in God's hands. He's the only one who gets to choose anyway and I trust that he will choose wisely in terms of the kingdom. For years I never expected to be able to take my loved ones with me in any case so it was something I then came to terms with and trusted God implicitly to care for their needs in whatever way things turn out. I suppose I feel that since 'all authority has been given to Jesus' it's not really my problem. I try to live my life the best I can whilst being true to myself and my love for God and I attempt to be kind and caring with people I come into contact with every day.

I always think and often said when I was in the 'truth' (to the disapproval of the elders I might add !) ...

....ITS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS...!!

Loz

• Heaven
    Heaven

His atheism is mostly based on his disgust at religions and their oppression, and how can I argue with that?

I totally agree. But the Bible is pretty clear about what is required for eternal life. Mind you, I don't buy into it because it is a fear based agenda much like the JWs have. To me, this doesn't align with something coming from a loving Higher Power.

I am uncertain that I will actually gain my 'place' in heaven, based on my failings in recent times

This seems sad to me. When I was younger, I used to feel the same way. Now, I think that it is a ludicrous and very short-sighted/narrow minded idea to punish people for a legacy they have no control over inheriting. It just doesn't align with an ideal of a loving, enlightened Higher Power in my view. It also nullifies the reason Christ died for us (at least, according to the Christian Bible). To me, it sounds like something a human being would come up with to try and control the masses.

If heaven exists, I think your hubby as well as you will be there. Maybe we'll all meet then and party on!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi Snowbird...could you elaborate? what did you do when you experienced this visit of the Holy Spirit?

Sounds to me like you're doing good.

Loz

x

• snowbird
    snowbird

At first, I thought Satan was trying to trip me!

LOL.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/145187/2/Christians-Convert-me-Im-Pagan

Please see page 2.

Sylvia

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Loz - WELCOME. You've been through the Mill that's for sure.

I am positive you will find this a refreshing place to be, even if you don't agree with all the opinions and attitudes. I find that being here reminds me of the fact we are all individuals and shouldn't be controlled by other people or man made organisations. I look forward to reading more from you.

• nugget
    nugget

Welcome to the board, I am so glad that you have had so many positives on your life since leaving the organisation. Your experiences and insight I am sure will be of benefit to many still dealing with problems caused by this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit