Hello..this is my story..

by Lozhasleft 64 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's great that you have left the building (KH). Hope to hear more from you. Your story is very powerful. The attitude toward the wife is echoed in many stories- "Just stick with the man, it must be your fault" or any number of variances on the theme. I am happy you forged ahead and suffered for your freedom from that.

There's great support here. Be seeing you around.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Wow, Lozhasleft, that was a truly amazing and heartbreaking story! Thank you for being strong enough to share it. Many here have shared similar experiences of injustice within the organization, so we can definitely empathize with you! I think you will find love and comfort here. I am on this site every day. I find it to be enlightening, and comforting. I look forward to hearing more from you! Welcome, I am so sorry for your sad experience, and I am so glad that you have come here!

• moshe
    moshe
    -One day in a stressful situation I smoked some cigarettes

JW's who remember when the smoking ban was instituted back in the early 70's have forgotten the reason that was given at the assembly for the ban- it was because Armageddon was so close and the organization had to be totally clean so they could enter into the new system of things. Most of those smoking adults who quit back then are now either dead or retired.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

wow! what a story!

You know, I too have always doubted the concept of the "annointed" only being selected from the lineage of JW's. If it is true that the purpose of the annointed is to share as co-rulers with Christ, governing wisely over all of humankind.....I find it hard to believe that there aren't individuals OUTSIDE the organization who possess rulership qualities that far surpass the average JW. Think of all the different people who have such enormous hearts for helping humanity in any way possible, or perhaps individuals with a greater sense of justice or mercy than your average person. It just seems so unlikely that they would ONLY come from JW's. Out of 7 billion people worldwide, you're really going to try to say only a few million were only ever eligible for the position and that it was sealed a long time ago and there's no way that anyone else could come along who possess the qualities looked for in a co-ruler of Christ? It seems a bit silly to me....*shrug*

I can sympathize to a small extent with having an angry and abusive male in the home who most people in the congregation just view as the fun-loving MS. With the exception of severe physical abuse, that was my dad. At some point soon I hope to write out and post my JW story, which I'm sure will include a bit more detail on that, but yeah....I'm sorry you had to go through all that!!!!

And I'm very glad that your relationship with God remained strong despite all the confusing rejections from people who were supposed to be representing your God and supporting you in your new found position.

Congratulations on finding a happier way of life!!!

• yknot
    yknot

I am sorry you were treated so badly.......

You are very much a survivor!

So ...... how was the wine?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Wow. That is some story.

I am so happy you have found us. Welcome to our world.

Cheers

Chris

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome to the board and thank you so much for sharing your story.

Unfortunately, your experience is not unique. But good for you on starting a new path that hopefully will be filled with much happiness.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Welcome Loz, and thank you for telling us your story.

Isn't it odd how the Witnesses look down on their most devout members? If you're not in the Club of Elders there is no way you're good enough to be "annointed".

I'm glad you're doing well with your new husband and your new life outside the organization. Welcome back to real life!

• etna
    etna

Welcome loz, hope you are ok. Its like that feeling "brokenhearted" when they treat you like dirt, but don't despair, because you can and probably are still a spritual person. I never thought I would read Ray Franz's "apostate" books, ut I did and they have more about the bible in his 2 books than in alot of Watchtower and Awake mags I've read. I hope you can get a copy of each of his books, they will help, and open your eyes on things you already knew.

Etna

• Scott77
    Scott77

HI LOZHASLEFT,

Welcome, you will be loved alot here. Please, be assured that we share your pain and suffering under the WTBS. Thanks alot for sharing. Please, read other's accounts on this board to see how they were similarly hurt in some instances, much worse than your experiences. But this does in no way minimizes what you went through. Iam glad you made an effort to turn your life round.

Thanks

SCOTT77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit