Hello..this is my story..

by Lozhasleft 64 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

LOZHA- So nice to have you on the board ! I'm so sorry you have suffered abuse at the hand of your ex-husband and powermongering elders in the witness cult. Please know that we are here for you my friend. Look forward to your takes and opinions on the board

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you Cantleave Nugget and Mr Flipper...I appreciate the warm welcome and your kind words. Its very good to be here and worth all the anxiety I felt by exposing my story !!

Loz xx

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Loz,

Hi Chalam/Stephen ...Wow!! Yes ..all those apply...and soooo many more...have you had a similar experience?

Yes, I have experienced the Holy Spirit in many ways, powerful and subtle.

The walk of the Christian is intimacy with the Holy Spirit Romans 8, Galatians 5

Acts 2:17 (New International Version)

17 " 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Maybe the first chapter to read is this one John 14.

How about Romans 5 v 5 & 2 Cor 1 v 22?

Awesome! More here :)

Ephesians 1:11-14 (New International Version)

11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

So where are you at? Have you arrived at the second half of verse 13? You know the gospel? If not, see below.

1 Corinthians 15 (New International Version)

1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.

I would like very much to debate this further with you?

Cool-let's talk :) Feel free to send a PM (personal message) if you prefer too.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sorry, I missed this earlier and am late to the welcoming!!

But welcome and (((( Big Huge Hug ))))

From,

palmtree

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

an interesting thought I just had, Loz, in response to another poster's comment.....in regards to you not being sure if you will gain your place in heaven because of past mistakes.....

It is obvious that humans are imperfect. God knows that...and that's why he made the provision of the ransom sacrifice to cover those sins. I find it hard to believe, though, that someone who is visited by the holy spirit and thus "annointed" will NEVER in their life commit a sin. God knows that being prone to accidents (such as giving in to a nicotine fix in a moment of extreme stress) is part of the package of imperfect humans. To hold out that honor of being in heaven, only to take it away because you caved in a moment of weakness to your unfortunate imperfect state would not be in line with His love and justice. God forgives every repentant sinner. Including His annointed ones. I seriously doubt that making a mistake from time to time is going to rob you of this gift that He wants you to have.

A loving father, upon seeing his child stumble and fall, would help them back up and continue on the way as though they had not fallen at all.

Don't let your past weaknesses be a source of discouragement for you! *HUG*

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Anadote - yes I know what you're saying...but nowadays and I live a completely different life from the one I led as a witness...and the WTBS instilled enough fear that our 'best' then was never enough...they definitely took away my spiritual joy in serving God ...and whilst I'm certain he'll forgive our imperfections finding my way to 'serve' him acceptably now is still a work in progress for me...it's a relief that He's patient anyway isnt it? I suppose I mean that I dont presume too much but I still love Him though unquestionably and I will leave the decisions with Him.

Chalam Where do you worship?

Palmtree Thank you...I'm so pleased to meet you all.

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Loz,

Chalam Where do you worship?

We go to one of these churches Newfrontiers

Of course, we do no claim to be THE church but part of the church!

I have plenty of Christian family from many denominations, even Catholic born again believers such as BurnTheShips from JWN :)

So did you junk the NWT? If not you need a new bible, plenty here for free http://www.biblegateway.com/

The Holy Spirit is going to give you revelation as you read. There is nothing like hearing from Him :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Hi Loz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I've been thinking about it during the morning. To a far lesser extent some of your earlier story reminds me of my parents although I made sure I didn't follow in my father's footsteps and he mellowed considerably with age. I'm truly sorry that you had to go through so much. I strongly believe that the WTS fosters bullying in the home and your experience sadly demonstrates this. I'm sure that you never expected to get to where you are today so it's great to hear how you have managed to get through this - although not quite sure how.

Welcome

MMXIV

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for sharing that story with us.

I have reached a point where it is hard to click on each 'new' story, because they are just so painful and similar to all the 'old' stories, including my own.

I wish you well, and am happy to see that you have found a good place now in your life. Peace to you.

Jeff

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I strongly believe that the WTS fosters bullying in the home and your experience sadly demonstrates this. I'm sure that you never expected to get to where you are today so it's great to hear how you have managed to get through this - although not quite sure how.

MMXIV thankyou for your welcome ...I agree with you ..in the KH women are so denigrated and their opinions so trivialised that it must engender that in the males in the congs which then follows them into their homes...I regret that by joining the sect I have helped to inflict this attitude on my children. Sometimes I'm not sure how either...but here I am and I think I'll give God the credit..

Jeff..I'm sure it must be ...I am currently appalled at these stories which are 'new' for me and you're right they do remind us of our own suffering.

Such a sad reflection on a faith that claims to have 'love amongst themselves'.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit