Brand New: Currently Totally Devastated

by daringhart13 78 Replies latest jw friends

• its_me!
    its_me!

Hi Daringhart! I am new to this site as well. I have only been here for about three weeks. I left for many of the same reasons that you did. That scary feeling does go away. It is not completely gone for me, and I think that it will take years for it to completely go away. (I was born in) But it does get better. It took me about a week to get comfortable enough to tell my story, but it did help. There are so many caring people on here. You will feel the love that you were supposed to feel within the Organization. Feel free to PM me anytime! I love correspondence and communication! And I would love to know more about you. Hang in there, it does get better, trust me, WAY better than you ever thought possible!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Daringheart.

It wasn't your fault.

You didn't choose to be brought up in a high control cult. That choice was made for you.

It wasn't your fault.

Cheers

Chris

• flipper
    flipper

DARINGHART- Welcome my friend to the board. You are among people who care and have experienced similar things. I was a born-in, raised in JW - left over 6 years ago at age 44 after 44 years in the witnesses. I also saw injustices and lack of true love ( one of the big reasons I exited ) - and I promise things will get better for you as time goes on. Right now it's hard , but pull up a chair , enjoy the experiences of those on the board - and we will be here for you if you need a friend. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk sometime. My dad was a city overseer for 35 years ( high profile ) another fleshly brother ex-Bethel elder, and I was a ministerial servant for 6 years. Experienced so much stuff- I could write a book. But would rather just hang out here to help people like you. I'm not alone. Many on the board want to do the same. We feel ya bro, hang in there - look forward to your takes and observations

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome DH. So glad you got onboard here.

Everyone heals differently. You will heal. It will take time. We can help support you throughout.

My best advice is to 'read, read, read' everything in sight. Philosophy, science, political. Perhaps read religious stuff too, but be careful as you jump from the frying pan that you miss the fire. Jws are just the pan we knew about. There are others.

Look forward to your posts.

Peace/Namaste

Jeff

• Robdar
    Robdar

Welcome. We are glad to have you with us.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome, it's good to see another elder escape from the Watchtower organization.

LD

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Ok, enough with the love bombing.

How much money do you have to give me?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome. Seeing the two-faced nature of the elders with greater responsibility is like being stabbed in the heart. The feeling of betrayal is painful. When you recognize that you will not be able to be a true "servant" to the brothers and sisters that you loved you just feel deflated. I didn't want to join with them in the falsehood and had to resign after many of the "priviliges" you described. My self respect and honesty meant too much for me. Glad you came to and came here too! Feel free to post when you feel up to it. We will all be reading ernestly. W.Once

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome...can't wait to read your story!

I feel like a whiny baby.

Well, stop it! I've spent a good part of my spare time the last few years "talking people off the ledge". If all you have in you is a little whining, then have at it, my friend! One of the last indicators that a healing has taken place is the desire to help others. You'll get there, and you'll be an asset to the community. But whine as needed.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome.

"This too shall pass".

You will get through this. It takes time though and there are no shortcuts. We're here to listen to you vent and finally one day accept all that has transpired. Hang in there, don't beat yourself up too much and don't be afraid to grieve. It is a big deal coming to a realisation that all you have ever known has been built on a foundation of sand.

Here for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit