Brand New: Currently Totally Devastated

by daringhart13 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome daringhart. This board is here for you. Read it and post your story when you are ready. We understand.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

daringhart13,

For God's sake, can you put on some pants, you're gonna poke someone in the eye with that thing!

Welcome to the board!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Daringheart,Welcome.This is one of the best groups of folks Ive ever dealt with.Occasionaly there will be a troll,but mostly it folks just like you and me.Ive gotten a lot of help and support and solice from coming here.I just wish that we could all meet somewhere and meet and hug and eat ice cream sandwiches together.You made a good choice coming here.Bravo to you.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome DH13.......sounds very similar to my situation before I left 15 yrs ago. It's a shock at first, bit I don't regret it one bit. Only been on this board a couple of months, but found people who understand and have learned what had happened in the org. since I've been out.

Think About It

• donny
    donny

Welcome to the board Darinhart!!! Isn't it strange that one finds so much kindness and love from folks we were once taught to hate. According to what I had been taught when I was in it, I should have become a lunatic, raving mad rapist loaded with every drug that I could find. You wi;ll find a lot of comfort and wise posts here so kick back and enjoy.

Donny

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Welcome, take it easy and slow. Do not take rush decisions right now. Read, read, question, research and repeat. It will take time. and a lot of pain but eventually it will pass. Question everything you know. Dont jump out of the boiling water to the fire.

Use your mind and thinking capabilities, and keep your emotions under control.

Best wishes.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman
    I guess I don't know what or how to contribute at this point because I'm an emotional guy....which made me a popular elder......but lonely person

I can relate to your experience as many here can.

You may feel lonely but you are far from alone - hope to get to know you better.

The Scotsman (also an ex elder).

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome daringhart! We are so happy you found us here! We all have been right where you are and have lived to to tell about it.

Stick around, search the board, read up on each other's experiences...it will give you solace that you are not alone, and courage to see that survival into this new life is possible with many rewards.

We look forward to your story and comments...no pressure...we are just happy to have you here.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Welcome! I can also totally relate....I felt totally devistated too when I 1st started posting here, my hands were shaking! I still attend (stuck) but at least my mind is free although my body isn't.

Posting here is good therapy, and I'll be looking for your story soon :-) it will probably amaze you at how many elders / x-elders you will find here, just shows you how bad things are to push out so many "gifts in men"

Take care friend!

• spawn
    spawn

Welcome and take comfort in the fact that everyone here will look after you. You will find most of the people here are genuine and will always offer a listening ear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit