Brand New: Currently Totally Devastated

by daringhart13 78 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi daringhart. Welcome to our little family.

Give yourself time and allow the gamut of emotions to run their course. There is a lot of support here so please feel free to vent, ask questions and explore other people's stories.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, daringhart13! Your contribution will be in relating your experiences. That's what we all do here. We try to help each other.

I'm trying to deal with feeling completely lost.

Take things slowly... one day at a time, 1 step and then another. Palmtree is correct... relax and breathe. Even some non-JWs get to this point in their lives due to many different circumstances so you're not alone.

One thing you may wish to start thinking about is what you want to do with your life because, if the track record of the WTS continues, well, Armageddon isn't coming any time soon. Your life is yours... you are the architect. I hope you will have fun creating it!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The fog, guilt and fear clear pretty quick, when you start to educate yourself.

Read lots here and read the links others direct you to.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Greetings!

• cantleave
    cantleave

You have PM from me.

• Mr Moody
    Mr Moody

Welcome ..it's difficult and will be for a while. I'm new here aswell, though my wife has been here for a couple of years. You will get a listening ear here from some truly genuine guys and gals..

Mr Moody

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hello and Welcome Daringhart!

r.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Welcome!

How long until you came out of the fog? the devastation? the crying? the feeling that God may just hate you?

For me it took about 3 months for my brain to start to clear, I was raised in so this was a totally new experience for me. Wow, surreal is right.

(notive I said start to clear)

The devastation I'm still working on.

The crying will turn to anger.

I've never believed that god hates me, and now I don;t believe in god at all.

You will find it gets easier, and better and better.

It is very hard to leave, no way around it, but it's worth it.

Welcome to intellectual freedom!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome daringheart

I was never an elder, but I was raised in the truth, was active for all that time, and left after 30 years- that was just seven months ago-

you're right it is surreal and overwhelming, you may spend many nights crying. I am much better now after seven months, but things will hit me once in a while. I hope you have some support on the outside, family, co workers, some human face to face interaction. If not, I recommend seeing a therapist if you can afford it- you have many feelings to get out and sort out rationally.

This forum is also very helpful, keep reading, keep posting- I wish peace for you...

CHG

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome, brother daringhart!

You're going to be able to interact here with people at all stages of getting out. You'll learn that you're not alone. If you haven't learned the truth about the organization both doctrine-wise and cult-mind-control-wise, I suggest you get right on it. Knowledge is power. Google freeminds, jwfacts, watch some youtube vids, google 607 versus 587, and just have a great time learning THE TRUTH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit