Funny things to not do at the Memorial

by rebel8 69 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

You need to add sides of cole slaw and curried lentils to that menu

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The last time I went to a memorial as an apostate in an over crowded hall, it was expected that all women and visitors sat down in the available seats. Only elders and minis would stand, lining the walls the walls as they stood and asserted their seniority by standing throughout the ceremony. Finding the whole experience rather claustrophobic I stood along with my wife.

We were initially asked to sit down. After much whispering three elders came up and insisted we sit in two seats at the back they had saved for us. I pointed out that politeness dictated that the seats should be used by older people, which included some of the elders. We refused to yield and stood amongst the elders near the front.

Cat among the pigeons and all that.

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol gladiator. The simple act of standing must signify, "I'm with the band."

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I'd pour the wine on the floor whilst saying i thought we were to abstain from blood!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think I'll make a Peeps diarama and leave it on the literature counter on the night of the Memorial.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL! Peeps at the last supper.... love it.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

And what ever you do, don't create a craigslist ad stating "Free Wine tasting, snacks included" on April 14th (local date and time for KH)

NJY

• rebel8
    rebel8

Brothers, show your respect by wearing a proper suit and tie--and not any of those forbidden skinny pants, either.

• TheMark
    TheMark
    but I'm sure he has colored socks, that's a no-no
  • TheMark
    TheMark

Bring your own wine. When it gets to your row, take out the bottle and say, "Thanks brother but I brought my own" chug a chug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit