Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 03-21-10 WT Study (REAL CHRISTIANS)

by blondie 87 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

theMadJW is back - woohoo!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    The Mad Idiot said: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! From Dumb to Dumber to even Dummier!

Oh.my.god. Et ez a-liiiiiiiive!!!!!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi madJW. In terms of following Christ, how do you square away refusing his body and blood at the Memorial?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Q 8, 9. (a) What experiences highlight the value of using the Bible in our ministry? (b) How can we become more adept at using God's Word?

8. When in the door-to-door work, a brother read Daniel 2:44 to a Catholic man and explained how God's Kingdom will bring about true peace and security. The man responded: "I really appreciate your opening the Bible and showing me what the scripture said instead of just telling me." When a brother read a scripture to a Greek Orthodox woman, she asked a number of good questions. In this case too, the brother, along with his wife, answered from the Bible. Later, the woman said: "Do you know why I was willing to talk with you? You came to my door with the Bible, and you read from it."

Thanks Blondie. My impression is that the JWs are almost as reliant on the "Reasoning From The Scriptures" book as the old-timers were on Rutherford's phonographs. I wonder what percentage could stand up to a lengthy conversation with a Biblically literate householder with nothing more than a Bible in their hand.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

1- Jesus told all how to identify those truly following him ( "fruitage"}

Which is completely misrepresented in the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of the article RENDERING ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE WORTHLESS BECAUSE IT IS BASED ON THE INITIAL LIE.

I explained it in a post above. Apparently you either didn't read it or chose to ignore it.

By the way, what is a supposedly faithful JW like yourself doing disobeying the organization by coming to a site like this? Disobeying, that's what.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thanks Blondie for your thoughtful comments.

Here are my 2 cents on parr 6.

WT comment: First, they cannot preach what they do not understand.

-Do the majority of JW know what GRACE is? Could they preach on this subject?

WT comment: Second, most of them lack the humility and courage needed to face the ridicule and opposition that may result from sharing the Kingdom message with their neighbors. (Matt. 24:9; 1 Pet. 2:23).

What about those that have the humility and courage to face discrimination and death for professing faith in Christ and sharing that faith with their hostile neighbors?

The link below contains information on the persecution than over 100 million Christians are facing, just for identifying themselves as Christians. In many cases, all that that had to do in order to avoid persecution is to renounce their Christian faith….

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/press_release.php?&start=31

here are some headline excepts:

“On March 15, police went to the Cathedral of Karwar (coastal town in Karnataka, India) and warned the Vicar General to stop spreading Christian literature and Christian religious pictures because "it offends Hindus."

“more than 500 Christians were killed near Jos when gangs of machete-wielding Muslims attacked. Most of the victims were women and children.”

“An official of one of India's largest evangelical umbrella groups says his organization recorded over 1,000 anti-Christian attacks in 500 days in the southern Indian state of Karnataka and that the number is growing "by the day".

The despite of their claims, the WT missionaries have not played a significant role in the spread of Christianity in many countries. Often, the follow the footstep of non-JW missionaries.

WT comment: And third, false Christians do not have God's spirit.--John 14:16, 17.

-Nor does the WT Organization! The spirit that guides this organization is a Corporate spirit. That spirit is cold, unloving, prideful, abusive, and ungodly. Elders, CO and many taking the “lead”, [in their majority] are known for displaying such spirit. Any of them showing a Christ like attitude and spirit is an exception to the norm.

• watson
    watson

This was a "curious" lesson. When I sat there and listened to the questions and answers, it seemed to me that this is more groundwork for "sifting." It will become apparent by your actions, whether or not you are a JW......this tells me that soon, "inactives" will be dis associated merely by not measuring up. Boy, won't that be fun for the body of elders.

• blondie
    blondie

So when do they start saying "inactives" have da'd? 6 months, 9 months, 1 year....?????? And what scripture will they twist to support this???? What if you have a serious chronic illness....will you have to submit a statement from your physician to the elders..........??

What is inactive...not going to the meetings or not turning in time? It's not turning in time, it has nothing to do with meeting attendance. I have seen jws not attend meetings but turn in time and the elders have accepted it and posted it on their publisher card and sent it to the WTS. So how many meetings can you miss, does it have to be all of them for 6 months....????????

If you think it is hard for jws to avoid their df'd friends and relatives, it will be more of a hassle if they are told to avoid friend and relatives that don't attend the meetings on a regular basis.

jws already individual shy away from jws that don't attend the meetings.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    JESUS said that those falsely professing to serve him would be distinguished from his true followers by their fruits--their teachings and their conduct. (Matt. 7: 15-17, 20)

Did Jesus say those 'falsely professing to serve him', or did he say 'false PROPHETS'? "Be on the lookout for false PROPHETS that come to you in sheep's clothing, but inside they are ravenous wolves." False PROPHETS were the issue here. Nice dodge! Since you're batting .000 in the prophecy category, got no choice but to switch up the terminology.

Of course, we do not want to appear self-righteous, but we should stand out as different from those who do not love and serve Jehovah.

This is the most contradictory sentence in the lesson. You say you don't want to appear self-righteous, but you automatically classify EVERYONE ELSE as people who do not love God. If you don't say "Jehovah", that means you therefore do not love God, by the way, even if none of the apostles used the name once or wrote it in any of their letters. (And we have no evidence that they did.) By definition, you are self-righteous if you believe no one else around you loves God.

People who merely profess to be followers of Christ do not engage in this work--in fact, they cannot. Why? For at least three reasons: First, they cannot preach what they do not understand. Second, most of them lack the humility and courage needed to face the ridicule and opposition that may result from sharing the Kingdom message with their neighbors. (Matt. 24:9; 1 Pet. 2:23) And third, false Christians do not have God's spirit.--John 14:16, 17.

First, ask any JW to explain, using the Bible alone, how they arrive at 1914 for the date when Jesus started to rule as King of God's Kingdom. Being very generous, 50% of them will not be able to do so using the Bible alone. So who can't explain what they don't understand? This 1914 belief, as has been repeatedly stated in WT publications (see the 'be' book, page 279), is at the heart of the 'good news of the kingdom' JWs preach. So I'd be careful about talking about ignorance if I were in their shoes.

Second, you're saying all others who claim to be Christian are arrogant cowards? Right. This from the religious leaders who give orders for people not to research the Bible's original languages independently and use propaganda techniques to keep people in fear of reading any literature that gives their doctrine a critical examination. And also says that if something they teach seems wrong (even if it ends up being wrong), it can't really be wrong; you just don't understand it 'cause you're not as 'enlightened' as they are.

Third, no man can presume to say who does and does not have God's spirit. The elders tried to pull this one on me, using 2 Cor. 1:20, "he who anointed us is God," and asked, "Who are you to say who is anointed?" If GOD is the one who decides, who are YOU to say that others don't have his spirit? Of course, their fruits--false doctrine, false prophecies made in God's name, going to and fro on teaching after teaching--tend to make certain people easy to recognize as not possessing the spirit of God.

The Bible, however, is our primary tool.

If that's true, then why do you spend 45 minutes studying the Watchtower every Sunday instead of studying the Bible? Why isn't it the Bible Study instead of the Watchtower Study? Even the meeting that's called the Bible Study is really the Book Study--studying the Watchtower's books. If the Bible was your primary tool, you would not have to remind people to use it in their ministry. They would already be doing so.

He knew that he himself as King of that Kingdom, along with his resurrected spirit-begotten brothers, would deal with the root causes of mankind's woes--sin and the Devil. (Rom. 5:12; Rev. 20:10)

Neither of these scriptures indicates that any spirit-begotten brothers of Jesus would remove mankind's woes. They cannot possibly have the power to do so, being in need of ransom themselves! Jesus alone undoes the work of the Devil with his death, and he alone atones for man's sins, period. That is why he is the High Priest and not any man. If we accept this as true, then the anointed are our mediators beside the Christ. The Bible nowhere makes that assertion. If you find such a scripture, do let me know, though.

The woman from El Salvador--what would have happened to her had she refused a Bible study? There's a pretty good chance that if she did so and really was in need of food, she would have starved to death. This story is just another example of conditional love; if they helped her even though she refused the message, then I'd give credit where credit is due.

Can't believe I sat through this. Told myself I'd never go back, but wife gave me those eyes I couldn't say no to. 1 Corinthians 4:1-7 came to my mind as I listened to the boasting about how 'only the faithful slave provides us with this kind of instruction':

1Let a man regard us in this manner, as (A) servants of Christ and (B) stewards of (C) the mysteries of God.

2 In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy.

3 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself.

4 For I (D) am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this (E) acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.

5 Therefore (F) do not go on passing judgment before [a] the time, but wait (G) until the Lord comes who will both (H) bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts; and then each man's (I) praise will come to him from God.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed (J) what is written, so that no one of you will (K) become arrogant (L) in behalf of one against the other.

7 For who regards you as superior? (M) What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Right on, Yadda Yadda 2, Mad Sweeney, WT Wizard, Blues Brother and Mary!!!

I found the aggresive and arrogant co-opting of the lives of JWs to be quite telling:

Q 3. What pleases Jehovah, and what does this involve for true Christians?
    3. "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens," said Jesus, "but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." (Matt. 7:21) Yes, it is not the professing of Christianity that pleases Jehovah but the practicing of it. For Christ's true followers, that involves their whole way of life, including their attitude toward money, secular work, entertainment, worldly customs and celebrations and marriage and other relationships with fellow humans...."

Wow.... They went from the scripture's comments about "the one doing the will of my Father" straight into co-opting practically EVERY aspect of a JW's life: " For Christ's true followers, that involves their whole way of life, including their attitude toward money, secular work, entertainment, worldly customs and celebrations and marriage and other relationships with fellow humans..."

Right down to and including HOW they have SEX...

Which made Blondie's additional quote of earlier Watchtower literature quite apropos: *** w02 8/15 p. 18 par. 10 “Follow Me Continually” ***
    "For example, if someone wants to know why you do not take part in some unscriptural custom or practice, do not be satisfied with saying, “It’s against my religion.” Such an answer may suggest that you let others make your decisions for you and that you must therefore be a member of a cult."

Ya think??

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit