Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 03-21-10 WT Study (REAL CHRISTIANS)

by blondie 87 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooo, Right On, Room 215!!

Mad Sweeney, You SLICED him! Yeah, that particular form of hypocrisy has ALWAYS puzzled me - all those JWs on Facebook yet claiming they're such good little servants of Jah... The JWs getting college educations and claiming "but the WTBTS doesn't forbid it!" Of course it doesn't; it merely IMPLIES that it's "wrong"... Like they IMPLIED that Armageddon was coming in 1975... Hilarious that JWs are blitheringly obtuse to the "commands behind the implications" when it serves their own personal agendas...

sd-7, your post is SPECTACULAR!!! I am IN AWE! About that 87-year-old lady, your comment: "The woman from El Salvador--what would have happened to her had she refused a Bible study? There's a pretty good chance that if she did so and really was in need of food, she would have starved to death. This story is just another example of conditional love; if they helped her even though she refused the message, then I'd give credit where credit is due..."

Too painfully true. Some of us on this board have seen this same "crocodile concern" in action with the poor gent who fell in love (?) with a JW woman who was trying to bring him "into the truth" as a feather in her cap - while she was dating and preparing to marry someone else! Get those converts any way you can...

Besides, since Blondie found another reference to that same story - dated 1979, if I remember correctly - that 87-year-old-lady is dead, by now... Wonder if she willed her material goods to the WTBTS?

http://www.watchtower.cc/CharitablePlanning.pdf

Zid

• Heaven
    Heaven

This was the meeting that, afterwards, my MS Dad told me: "I don't understand what they are saying."

What a sad statement.

• booby
    booby

themadjw. you said "PS- in case you didn't catch it, it was CHRIST who " labels everyone else "false Christians"!" you are just brilliant. you find these gems that clarify stuff so well. Now if you could just inform us when CHRIST labeled everyone else as false christians was he meaning everyone else but the modern day witnesses. I just gotta know this so I hope you see this. I don't think anyone else can answer such deep stuff like you

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

PWP:"Hi madJW. In terms of following Christ, how do you square away refusing his body and blood at the Memorial?"

Mad: REFUSING? You mean I have to eat & drink to ACCEPT? Remember his words to his apostles as to what the commemoration meant- for them AND Christ?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Mad: REFUSING? You mean I have to eat & drink to ACCEPT?

So, what would you have to do to REJECT?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Booby: " you said "PS- in case you didn't catch it, it was CHRIST who " labels everyone else "false Christians"!" you are just brilliant. you find these gems that clarify stuff so well. Now if you could just inform us when CHRIST labeled everyone else as false christians was he meaning everyone else but the modern day witnesses. I just gotta know this so I hope you see this. I don't think anyone else can answer such deep stuff like you"

Mad: I don't remember the context of that discussion, B, however Jesus did so MANY times. Remember the Illustration of the Wheat and Weeds? How many would be doing MIRACLES in his NAME, and that they were EVIL? Can ANYONE be a Christian and reject his God and Father?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

thanks blondie-the wts teaches their flock to be haughty and to look down on practicing christians who are more christlike than they are.they are the modern day pharisees.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"thanks blondie-the wts teaches their flock to be haughty and to look down on practicing christians who are more christlike than they are.they are the modern day pharisees."

Yes, 'christians' who teach 3 Sadistic Lords, kill each other (and innocents) in war, and contradict everything Christ taught....hoo-BOY! I guess I gotta become Catholic again! heh Or maybe a Baaaaaaaaaaaaptist! yecch

• undercover
    undercover

Another damn sneaky article by the WTS...

False Christians are anyone who claims to be "christian" but doesn't live up to the standards as dictated by the WTS. That's easy enought to decipher.

What's not so easy...because they were purposely obtuse... is the difference between 'true christians' and 'followers of christ'. They interchange those two phrases, and to most brain dead dubs following along in their sleepy haze on Sunday morning, they equate one to the other.

Fact is though, they are not the same. The "True Christian Congreation" in previous articles and publications is identifed as the 144,000. If that select group is the "true" congregation, then anyone not in that group is not a 'true christian'. So that leaves the vast majority of the followers of this religion out of that classification. If they aren't in that 'true congregation' then they are not christians....they are only 'followers' of christ.

Of course the WTS never comes out and says that in plain language. They can't afford to. First off, they can't prove it scripturally, second, even JWs would rise up in arms if they were bluntly told that they weren't christians. So the WTS wants the average JW to believe that they are indeed christians, while not realizing that by definition (the WT definition), they are not.

So in these kinds of article where they try to promote Jesus a bit more, they have to play word games so as to keep the R&F duped into believing something that is actually in opposition to the strictest of interpretation of their own beliefs. Thus the constant interchange of "true christian" with "followers of christ".

JW theology is so rife with convoluted and twisted doctrines and beliefs that the leadership has to stoop to not only fooling people to join...they have to fool their own believers to not actually understand their own theology.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    JW theology is so rife with convoluted and twisted doctrines and beliefs that the leadership has to stoop to not only fooling people to join...they have to fool their own believers to not actually understand their own theology.

Exactly - and the approximately 1980 slip that "Jesus is technically the mediator only for the 144,000" is a perfect example. Likely they will not spell this out in clear terms again soon. It got a lot of attention back in those days - even from the rank & file.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit