JUST Friends

by FreudianSlip 73 Replies latest members adult

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I have no fantasies....only memories!

Its all up to the people in the relationship. If they are ok with it then thats fine. If one is not then they are not fine. That simple. If one person thinks is "dangerous" but is still ok with it then both should be ok with whatever happens.

I think guys have always the SEX radar on regardless of if we act on it or not. So to say "nothing is gonna happen. I know myself" is stupid because you cant see the future. you might know yourself but you dont know the other person nor know what could happen.

I am no saying is right or wrong cause I dont believe in that. All I am saying is that you must be ready to accept whatever happens.

I personally think is better to have that kind of relationship that way you dont have to worry about your significant other(s) just go with the flow. It should all be defined in a contract-like statement where all the parties express what they are ok with and with what they are not. And that contract can be redefined as the relationship and the self evolves.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I've made a lot of mistakes in this area. I have many regrets. In the past, I didn't describe my behavior as "cheating". I just told myself that I have a "high capacity for love".

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I was looking at this from a personal standpoint, not what your significant other thinks. SO's are often jealous for no reason.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Paul-

So answer the question. "Cheating" is defined differently for everyone. That's not what I'm talking about. Can two people who are attracted to each other be JUST friends?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hello again Freudian.

I am physically attracted to most of my friends. If I enjoy their company, they tend to become more beautiful to me.

Most are. And we are not complete animals; we can control ourselves. After all, are we going to be like the watchtower suggests and date with chaperones?

What we need to do is to take into account your other side's feelings before just 'hanging out' with someone from the opposite sex. Most importantly, you need to let them know. At least I would say so.

If they don't like it, you would probably have to not do it.

Can two people who are attracted to one another just be friends? Of course!

Kiss me!

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I can only answer from my perspective. I can have a (platonic) friendship with someone I'm attracted to, I just don't want to. Either I act on it or go my way. Just hanging around someone you're attracted is torture. I think it's different for guys.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    Just hanging around someone you're attracted is torture. I think it's different for guys.

No, it's not different. It's a good sort of torture though .

What we need to do is to take into account your other side's feelings before just 'hanging out' with someone from the opposite sex. Most importantly, you need to let them know. At least I would say so.

For now, it's not about the S.O. For all they know you aren't attracted to this friend. Obviously you have to take their feelings into consideration. I'm just wondering how you, as the person attracted would react. Would you end the friendship?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Of course they can, Freudian, but why play with fire?

You undervalue a good friendship.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Would you end the friendship?

It's so dependent! Case-by-case mang. With some ppl I have limited my friendship just because.

What's your deal? I understand if you don't want to reveal too much here.

Kiss me!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

"Can two people who are attracted to each other be JUST friends?"

THE answer is maybe. Relationships are always changing and evolving, either gaining strenghth, changing direction or people may drift apart.

Being around a friend you are really really find you are attracted to can be compared to a person who is a chocolate lover working at a cake factory. Chances are the more you see what you like, the more you will eventually not be able to resist and then actions begin to happen. YOu might give in and in a moment of weakness (you taste the cake ) But if the consequences are NOT worth it, you may be able to stop and keep your thoughts in check before they lead to actions. Or be ready for the consequences if you choose to act.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit