Ex-Atheists: What Changed Your Mind?

by leavingwt 84 Replies latest jw friends

• ammo
    ammo

Just checked out that 'goodnews' thread Interested one, thank you

Maybe in the end it all just boils down to quite simply put, How we personally look at it all, I want to be glass half full kinda girl, but sometimes I still see it as half empty, even after letting go of WTBTS beliefs.

Give it time

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    True atheists don't change their mind. If someone leaves the path of atheism it only goes to show they were never really true atheists in the first place.

Tongue in cheek I'm sure.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Ammo - glass-half-full vs. glass-half-empty are not your only two options. I prefer to do my best to learn about what -is-. I can make judgments about how optimistic to be about a particular subject, e.g. economics, ethics, or what have you, depending on how much information I have and whose perspective I am considering.

I think the JW's make an irritating mistake when they attempt to make sweeping statements like "so brothers, what does all this mean?" It makes my hair stand on end.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks for linking us to this thread, Leaving. This is a very interesting and encouraging thread to read. I missed it somehow.

I recommend reading Melvin Morse MD's books. He and other doctors and scientists study near death experiences and similar experiences and visions. What changed his mind was one of his young patients who died clinically and came back. The child not only told him what was going on while being revived, but drew a picture of it all.

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit