Ex-Atheists: What Changed Your Mind?

by leavingwt 84 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you're an ex-atheist, what changed your mind?

Please be as brief or comprehensive as you'd like. Thank you.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Felt empty.

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Felt empty.

I'm guessing that this will be a popular sentiment among ex-atheists.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt, Surely there are more ex-atheists with stories.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I would like to be an ex-atheist (or ex-agnostic, whatever), but sometimes the "answers" feel more empty than what I have now, which is a searching. For now, a life of searching is more fulfilling than a life of having answers.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    For now, a life of searching is more fulfilling than a life of having answers.

I think many of us will agree that searching is indeed meaningful and refreshing. Especially, in view of most of our black & white, force-fed, religious pasts.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

It's hard to explain and for those that are still athiest to believe, but I felt the Holy Spirit speak to my heart. I fought it for some time and then visited some churches. I was saved last month. I'm now Baptist.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It's hard to explain and for those that are still athiest to believe, but I felt the Holy Spirit speak to my heart. I fought it for some time and then visited some churches. I was saved last month. I'm now Baptist.

Thank you, babygirl. I was first saved in a Baptist Church, during my youth. It was during Vacation Bible School.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Felt empty.
    BTS

Is that a tacit admission that your worldview is based upon emotion?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So you actually thought that evidence was not available for the existence of a God at one time, BTS?

All prior beliefs you had had about God's existence, you then found to be invalid and therefore not in fact evidence for God's existence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit