Do You Personally Know Of Anyone That Committed Suicide?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Minimus,

I know of no witnesses personally that killed themselves, but knew one acquaintance that did. It was in the paper and there was a HUGE outpouring of wingnuts that went to the memorial because it was so high-profile. Parts of the 'memorial' were actually on the news, and it was in a school gymnasium. They really are a bunch of fake bastards - I know that if it wasn't so high profile, it would have been 1/100th the size.

It's no secret that people in the dub religion have the highest rate of mental illness.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I personally have known two young people that have committed suicide in the past few years . It is heart breaking to see such potential wiped out in a single action . A very close friend to my sons killed herself March 31,2006, she had just turned 17 . She had been raised in a divided witness home and she was trying to live in both worlds . One of the sweetest ,kindest ,funniest kids you would ever want to know . To this day her freinds from school still post on her myspace account telling her about their lives and wishing she was here to share it with them . Depression of course was one part of the reason she took her life ,but depression is never the only reason . It is a building block of reasons , problems , unhealthly thinking patterns that accumalate until one day the load is too heavy to bear anymore ........

This past October a young man, 25, from our former hall hung himself . He had also been a close friend to my sons. He had been raised in a very large JW family that is known for their over bearing judgemental attitudes . He also had depression problems which he tried to self medicate for sometime . I heard he was just now getting proper treatment ,but he killed himself out of utter loss of hope that he would get better.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I have known of at least 3 JW's and 3 non-JW's that have killed themselves.

One of my questions has always been 'What is it with the garage?' It seems that many who hang themselves do it in the garage.

That being said, the last JW that I knew who committed suicide was just a good, good person. He was absolutely LOVED in the congregation. Why he did it is unknown. When I heard the news, I was completely shocked. It still bothers me when I think about it. He had plans that extended out for a couple of years and was looking forward to accomplishing those plans. He was looking forward to his vacation, etc.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

You know, I see the same homeless people every once in a while, and I ask myself how these people, who have nothing except a bag full of cans, keep living. How do they keep from killing themselves, since they have nothing?

Is it because they are at the bottom, and there is nowhere to go except up? Is it that they are so mentally out of it, that they are not really aware of their plight? Is it because the stresses in their life consist of three things: getting food, finding shelter, and finding clothing? Is it because they like it that way?

I don't know, however, there is something that I do know: If you are thinking about ending it all, please don't do it. You will cause so much pain that will extend with far reaching tentacles that will affect people that you don't even know.

As long as you are breathing, there is hope.

Judge Dread

• onizan
    onizan

Jehovah's Witnesses use Community Stalking (Gang Stalking) to coerce their members into submission.

Community Stalking is the use of covert terrorism in the form of covert threats , harassment and espionage. The details of the member'.s life are analyzed to determine their strengths and vulnerabilities. In doing so the perpetrators know what is the best way to exercise psychological warfare against the victim.

Many are driven to suicide because of Community Stalking. Those who do not commit suicide often end up having a nervous breakdown and developing mental illness- anything from depression to schizophrenia.

Most people are unaware of Community Stalking because it is difficult to prove if the person is unaware of the techniques being used against them.

What Jehovah's Witnesses teach is excellent. The problem is that once you become involved with the organization you begin to see that they don't practice what they preach. Their objective is not merely to preach the word of God. They literally control members and take posession of them and their lives...

There is more information about the dangers and methods of Community Stalking at stalker-beware.com

• not a captive
    not a captive

One of our elders killed himself about 10 years ago. We loved him.

• zannahdoll
    zannahdoll

I know a man whose wife passed away and he committed suicide within the year.

One guy I dated told me he attempted suicide as a teenager when he was involved with gangs...

About 5 years ago maybe, I ran into a girl friend I was once close to and lost touch with her. We became friends maybe over 10 years ago, and I lost touch with her for a couple of years. She disappeared for awhile because she was in a deep depression. She didn't talk to anyone. She was raped on a date, a guy she met and trusted from church. Then she became an alcoholic. She went to rehab and I ran into her where she was working at a bookstore (she lost that job shortly). She has been in and out of the hospital and rehab (at least 5 times) ever since - somewhere in the middle of that I offered her a bedroom in my house to live with me for a little while to help her out financially. Later she married a man who beat her and ended up in the hospital again. She told me she would disconnect her number to avoid him - about a year ago I lost touch with her completely too, unless she calls me...

Today: I don't know where she is now or if she is even alive. It is all very sad because I love my friend. Before the rape and alcoholism she was happy, social, got her masters in college, working on her career and giving back to the community.

I've lived with a lot of depression in my family. My grandfather was manic-depressed, my father clinically depressed... sometimes I think I have a tendency for it.

I'm sorry to all of you who have lost someone you love. It is such a horrible, sad thing. Thank you for sharing your stories.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

My cousin.....less than a week ago

Buried him Sunday

• peacedog
    peacedog

Sorry to hear that, Darth.

• crapola
    crapola

Yes, a few years ago a young guy in the KH I attended hung himself. It was a horrible tragedy and his parents had a terrible time dealing with it.

• besty
    besty

in light of the young Jehovahs Witness man in Scotland, possibly from Hamilton, that just committed suicide during the summer District Convention.

BTTT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit