Do You Personally Know Of Anyone That Committed Suicide?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, I do.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Best friend - Jim - 19 years old - MS - at Bethel - took a giant leap between two of the buildings there.

A cousin's wife - not Jw - hung herself in the garage. I did not know her well. She left a note and told the family what to bury her in.

Jeff

• Robdar
    Robdar

One of my best friends son killed himself 2 days before his 16th birthday. He hanged himself in the basement. The ceiling wasn't high enough and he had to bend his knees to complete the job.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I knew one. I didn't know him all that well but I knew him since he was a kid. He killed himself when he was 18 years old after he had been DF ed. He shot himself in the head. He was his mom's only child too. He was my younger cousins best friend.

• recovering
    recovering

I strugle every day to just live one more day to be honest. I have lost so much. I do know of a former jw who commited suicide. I try not to dwell on suicidal thoughts due to the pain it caused his family. I will relate what happened to this poor man at some point.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When I was 14, my mom told me that someone we had met a week earlier killed himself. She left me alone with him as I cleaned his house. He exposed himself to me (first time I ever saw a nude man) and he told me to strip and go "skinny dipping" with him (I didn't know what the word meant). I freaked and then he backtracked, got dressed, and was all apologetic. I did not tell my mom this happened. When she told me he killed himself, she asked me if anything happened between him and me. I said no.

• dandingus
    dandingus
    I strugle every day to just live one more day to be honest. I have lost so much.

Recovering, I have days like this too. Usually it comes in cycles and I just tell myself no matter how down I get "this too shall pass". Sometimes it takes a while, but it always seems to brighten up. Even if it's just for a little while.

I try not to dwell on suicidal thoughts due to the pain it caused his family

This is an enlightened statement. Honestly, my family has been a huge help to me and they were also a major factor in my decision to stick around. I'm past that now, and have been for some time, but it certainly helped to have at least some loving family members that I would never have wanted to cause pain in any way.

But even without family that supports you, there's a lot in life we can do and see that has nothing to do with any religion. Focusing on a goal, something you want to experience, a place you'd like to go, a hobby that takes your mind off things, all of these are worthwhile and extremelly helpful.

Thanks for sharing...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yes. I worked with 2 people who killed themselves. About 5 years ago, my next door neighbour killed herself.

• zoiks
    zoiks

What a sad subject. Thanks for sharing, all.

3 friends' parents that I can think of right now. 2 by hanging and one by gunshot, all JWs. Also an uncle, by gunshot.

I've also spent my share of time in ERs after intervening in the attempts of both friends and loved ones.

Such a vast amount of pain involved...

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Know of 3 JWs that committed suicide and the one was a GOOD friend of mine...so that really threw me for awhile. I wasn't able to even go to his memorial service - NOT because it was at the hKhall, but because it broke my heart that he was THAT 'sad' that taking his own life was his the only option he THOUGHT he had.

But loe-n-behold...there is ALWAYS that stankin JW that opens their mouth and says "Suicide is taking a life, that's murder, and Jehovah does NOT forgive that." That person tried to make it clear that this man would NOT be resurrected...UGH. What a beyotch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit