Dinosaurs

by roadrunner4speed 93 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

Everyone knows that the dinosaurs were put here on earth to create petroleum. Petroleum comes from ancient squished dinosaur guts.

I know this because a circuit overseer said so during his Saturday night talk during a congregation visit.

No, sadly, I did not just make this up. It really happened.

When I called him out on it after the talk, he attempted to prove it by saying that the Sinclair Oil Co. had a picture of a dinosaur on their logo.

Yes. Really.

• TD
    TD
    I think, again, we should start thinking of the Ark as a hyperdimensional spaceship capable of comfortably stuffing every kind of animal that ever existed on the face of the earth....

Time Lord technology

• JWoods
    JWoods

BTW, did you know that the Tyrannasaures Rex was a plant-eater?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yes, the earlier edition NWT did have a dino in Africa on the inside cover. I was (still am) fascinated with dinosaurs and that little dino actually got me through more than a few boring meetings, as I contemplated dinos instead of whatever was being (re)hashed from the platform.

• TD
    TD

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    the dinosaurs not only lived at the same time as humans, but also survived the Flood on the Ark.

Well, where do you think the Dinosaucers came from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhJSD8RU4k

• neverendingjourney
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

JWoods....Indeed, that's why that practical joker Jehovah didn't give T-Rex the right kind of teeth to be chomping down all those plants:

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

A few years ago, I worked at an old building in Downtown Portland, Oregon. The third floor was a large concert venue, the second floor housed the offices, a brewery, and a smaller concert venue/event rental space, and the bottom floor was a large bar/pub/nightclub.

There was a church group that met there for a while every Sunday because their own church building had burned down. they would meet in the second floor small venue/event rental space while their new church was under construction. One Sunday morning I was on my way to my office to do the books and the pastor for this group was standing in the hallway. He was a friendly guy and often engaged me in brief conversation. This time he asked me what band had played upstairs the previous night. I answered "Dinosaur Jr." He says "I don't believe in 'em". I reply "what do mean? You don't believe in the band?" He says "No. I don't believe in dinosaurs." I was a little puzzled and just looked at him for a second. Then he says "dinosaur fossils were fabricated by the Devil and planted here in an attempt to make people believe in the theory of evolution." I just said "wow" and walked away shaking my head.

• Terry
    Terry

One injustice the jw religion does is it gives a totally false sense of confidence to members--teaching you can just think about something to figure it out, and totally discounting the need for actually studying something to obtain knowledge. Also, it gives members the false belief an idea, however uninformed, is equally valid to knowledge obtained by scientific analysis.

That was beautifully expressed!

My JW "friend" who is still an active JW said (when I asked him about dinosaurs) "There are strange creatures living in my colon I don't know anything about ---why should I concern myself with other strange creatures that lived a long time ago?"

That says it all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit