What happens when you die?

by AGuest 97 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Shelby...

from: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/183338/12/is-jesus-a-god (your post 3613)

(the Holy Spirit would encourage reading the Word...without question.)

Again, I am sorry, but that is not true. You can SAY it, but that doesn't make it true. The Holy Spirit would ENCOURAGE you... to listen to HIM. Without question. Just as the "Word" YOU are referring to STATES:

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you." John 14:16, 17

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit , whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you ." John 14:26

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you." John 16:13, 14

Nowhere... NOWHERE... in these statements does my Lord say that the Holy Spirit would tell you to even pick UP "the Word," let alone READ it. Nowhere. What the Holy Spirit WOULD tell you... is what MY Lord TOLD you (because, as my Lord SAID, he would REMIND you of everything my LORD said):

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." John 5:39, 40

THAT... is what CHRIST said... and what the Holy Spirit WOULD have REMINDED you of.

from: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/189995/3/What-happens-when-you-die (your post 3905)

After our conversation yesterday I was in a bit of turmoil. I asked my Lord, "How do I keep speaking what you tell me, Lord, and yet endear myself to these people? They don't get it and I don't want to grow tired or have my love give out." And you know what he said to me? He said, "What was told to the man, Ezekiel? Hear, child, and get the sense of it." And he directed me to the second chapter of Ezekiel, verses 1 through 8: " 1 He said to me, "Son of man, stand up on your feet and I will speak to you." 2 As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. 3 He said: "Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me; they and their fathers have been in revolt against me to this very day. 4 The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate and stubborn. Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says.' 5 And whether they listen or fail to listen—for they are a rebellious house—they will know that a prophet has been among them. 6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house. 7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. 8 But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you." My heart rejoiced over this, Michelle... because I was reminded... I think that some kind of explaination is in order here as to why you can be led to the bible but "we" can't or shouldn't be if "we" are listening to the Holy Spirit. You have said before that you only go to the bible in an attempt to clarify for "us"...clearly you used the bible for your own edification... wee bit 'o' the imbalance there... love michelle

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, I stand corrected: you are right here. I SHOULD have simply stood firm and NOT let what you wrote cause me to doubt. It hurt... and I should not have allowed myself to become provoked. I know what I hear... and who I hear it from... regardless of what you and any others insinuate.

As I said, I was in a bit of a turmoil. No, I was in a great deal of turmoil. I really didn't want to come anymore, something I go through from time to time. But this is not my work. So, to edify me, my Lord said to me, "What was told to the man Ezekiel?"... and I didn't really want to hear it. I was tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of defending my faith. Tired of so-called "christians" like you... intimating that the Adversary... someone DARK... someone EVIL... could speak... AND lead me... to tell the TRUTH about a LIE that has caused BILLIONS nothing but heartache and grief... but apparently, not Christ. Why? Because... well, I guess it's because he (Christ) is not really alive?? I dunno. I don't know WHAT your fear causes you to think. But, I truly don't get it. I don't get how "christians" can even talk this way.

And because of this, I let my flesh get in the way... and so, apparently, I "needed to see it in writing"... be REMINDED of who and what I am... and why I am here... in order to put faith in it.

Now, if I have misspoke, then I must ask you to chalk it up to MY error... and imperfection. My Lord, however, is not to blame... and he IS the One who gave me this vision... for the comfort of those who needed it.

You may find fault with me, Michelle... but you really should stop trying to find fault with the Spirit. Really. There is absolutely NO benefit to you to do so. As I said before... if you wish to follow a man... by all means, do so. I will still follow Christ, the Holy Spirit... and I will sometimes err... perhaps even to the loss of my own eternal life. (Psalm 106:32, 33)

But I do not follow Christ... or listen to his voice... because I think that I will gain everlasting life if I do. I follow him... and LISTEN to him... because I LOVE him. HE has never lied to me. Not once.

Bottom line - if YOU need to see things in writing... so be it. As a result of this, however, I will never again have that "need." I won't allow myself. Because it was MY lack of faith that was the result... and nothing else.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Gregor
    Gregor

OK, everyone, let's take a break and put on some dry clothes and then get back here for the evening session. Hoagies are available and we recommend eating a piece of green fruit after. God Bless! I think we are zeroing in on this bad boy!

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK, here's another account of "What happens when you die?"

He died and was on his way to hell. God's grace saved him

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Always enjoy....munch munch.....watching the videos......munch munch.... while having my morning bowl of Stephen's Miracle Frosty Flakes.....munch munch

Of course 18,000 children didn't get their daily bowl and died today....but

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Shelby...

As to your imbalance and also the imbalance within the WT and their "anointed" elite...

Are there yet the treasures of wickedness
    In the house of the wicked,
    And the short measure that is an abomination?
    Shall I count pure those with the wicked scales,
    And with the bag of deceitful weights?
    For her rich men are full of violence,
    Her inhabitants have spoken lies,
    And their tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
    “ Therefore I will also make you sick by striking you,
    By making you desolate because of your sins.
    You shall eat, but not be satisfied;
    Hunger shall be in your midst.
    You may carry some away, but shall not save them;
    And what you do rescue I will give over to the sword. (micah 6:10-14)

love michelle

• Twitch
    Twitch

Of course 18,000 children didn't get their daily bowl and died today....but

God is great. Let his will be done.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ah, so now you believe you have authority to "curse" me? Well, so be it. If the Most Holy One of Israel sees fit to do so, I welcome His hand. If not, I don't wish it back upon you, which I can certainly do (Matthew 18:18). But my Lord has taught me a surpassing way: love. Not the kind that presents itself with the WORD "love" accompanied by little read hearts... but no TRUTH behind it. Rather, he has taught me that because I am imperfect I am not in a position to judge anyone else... regardless of their imperfection... even if such is being a fake. He taught me that when people "lyingly say every sort of thing about ME... for HIS name's sake..." I am blessed. Indeed, happy. Because I am not the only who has undergone such things.

It is not me who is like the WT, Michelle... it is you. They love to go around "breathing fire," and calling people goats, and accusing them of having dealings with demons. That is, of course, because THEY are "righteous."

Praise JAH... that I belong to a NEW covenant... one that does not rate me by my imperfections... but by my love. One that does not judge and condemn, but forgives and releases. One that does not call down evil on one's "enemies," but asks forgiveness on BEHALF of such ones.

You are a blasphemer, Michelle... but you don't belong to me so it is not my place to judge you. Rather... I forgive you. Because that is what I am supposed to do. Because this "little" thing in which you judge me is SO insignificant when compared to the other "sins" I have committed in my life... and yet, my Lord has forgiven me for them. If HE, then, can forgive ME... then I certainly can forgive you.

Before I go, I DO have a question for you: How is it that Paul directed the Corinthian congregation to REMOVE a member... when Christ taught that we are to FORGIVE the sins of one another... that if a brother DOES sin, the final decision rests with the congregation... which DID make a decision in this case... but Paul disregarded? How did the Holy Spirit tell Paul to teach something in EXACT opposition to what Christ taught... so that his writings... and thus, the Bible... is "infallible"? You don't really have to respond because I know the answer; however, perhaps others have this question and you can set them straight.

YOUR servant... as I am a servant to ALL those of the Househld of God, Israel... and those who go with... regardless of their hard-heartedness, hard-headedness... or stiff necks... and to the world... for my Lord died for such ones. Since HE purchased you with HIS blood... I will leave you to him (which is probably what you should have done with me, but obviously all of your "love" wouldn't let you do that...)

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Please forgive my delay in responding to your videos. I was only able to review the first (I don't have sound at home and work has been really busy - the sun is out and folks are up and moving about, so...). I really wanted to review both before responding, but my Lord directs me to respond now and so I will. Here is what I heard:

First, per Mr. McCormack he (his spirit) literally left his body... which is not disputed at all. When he did so, however, his body was not in the grave... but on a hospital table. Where it was when he "returned."

Second, based on HIS description of what occurred, he did not immediately go to "heaven" (i.e., the "good" part of the spirit realm) but actually first went to a place that was densely dark... and the occupants, well, "evil." The only place that fits that description is Tartarus, which is not Hell, but the pit of the abyss (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6), where even my Lord didn't go (Psalm 16:10 - note, many Bible erroneously use the word "grave" here. However, the word "shacath" means "pit". The word(s) for "grave" is "gebuwrah" or "sheowl").

Not that he, my Lord, COULDN'T go there... but there was and is no reason for him to: it is a prison for spirit beings that sin. He has no "place" there... and so WASN'T there, although Mr. McCormack first was.

Third, the voices that HE (Mr. McCormack) heard show that the pit IS really where he first went: although they spoke harshly to him... they didn't touch him. That is because their owners... where chained. If they COULD have gotten to him, they would have.

Fourth, there was no fire. True, there was forboding darkness... but no fire. At least, none that Mr. McCormack mentioned at this point. And the ONLY "light" appeared to come from ABOVE that place.

Fifth, that he was NOT in Sheol/Hades... the grave... is proven by the fact that he came back from that place... and lives again. Had he been in the grave (Sheol/Hades), he would have had to have been resurrected... because that is the only way OUT of the grave. The word of my Lord is that he had not actually been handed over TO death... so that he would end up IN the grave. Rather, like the Rich Man we spoke about earlier... Mr. McCormack was on his WAY to the World of the Dead... but rescued from that "end." Why? Because before he died... he asked for forgiveness. And it was granted.

Sixth, in ANY event... he didn't claim to see anyone in that darkeness suffering or being tortured, per se. True, the spirits he did hear were "tortured" in some sense, but the fact that they said the things they did... albeit sounding angry... was not that of someone/something undergoing pain (at least, as far earthling man physically knows it). They were not screaming, crying, begging, or pleading... all the things that come with being tortured... slightly or everlastingly. Indeed, they sounded, per Mr. McCormack's relation of it... ticked off.

Finally, that these spirits SPOKE... proves that they were not even OF the dead (which only affects earthling man - spirit beings do not die)... but of those spirit beings who are "reserved" for judgement IN such dense darkness. The only accounts in the Bible... which you put so much faith in... of someone speaking WHILE dead... is that of the Rich Man... and that of Samuel. In the latter case, Samuel's spirit... but not his body... was called up by a medium. And what did he ask Saul? "Why did you disturb me...?" He asked that because his spirit had been ASLEEP and now had been awakened.

As I have said to others here, I get it that you find it difficult to believe me. But it is not ME whom you should believe. What you only need do is ASK. GO to the Christ. ASK him. He himself will bear witness to you as to whether these things I share here are true or false. You can look them up, of course... but in which Bible? Which "version" is accurate? None of them. ALL of them are flawed. Why, then, drink from TAINTED "waters"... which you can get it PURE, UNADULTERATED... right from the SOURCE? (John 4:14).

All you need is faith... the size of a mustard seed. And all you need do have THAT... is to ask... where you may be lacking. (Mark 9:24). The Most Holy One of Israel will NOT withhold His holy spirit from those who ASK. (Luke 11:13) That is WHY Christ admonished us to KEEP asking. KEEP seeking, KEEP asking, KEEP knocking... and it WILL be opened to us.

Again, I bid you peace... and ears to hear.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Who knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit