What happens when you die?

by AGuest 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

The bible makes it clear what happens after we die....

Hebrews 9:27 states, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (KJV)

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment" (NIV"

Man mistakenly believes that Hell and the Lake of Fire is one of the same location. That is far from the truth.

You see, God's Justice system isn't really all that different from the justice system that we face here on earth. If you commit a crime and get busted, you're going to jail, until you have your day in court.

In Hell, it's the same as a prison, a prison for the spirits who today died without Jesus as their Lord and Savior. If you die w/o Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you're busted and going to jail (Hell) until you have your day in court.

Take this for example....(Putting out both versions so you can make comparisons and get a better idea what it's saying...)

In 1st Peter 3:18-

18- "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit" (KJV)

18- "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit" (NIV)

Note on verse 18, He was put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit. The dead knows nothing huh? Now note what happens after Christ died on the Cross, where did His Spirit go? Ever wondered about that? Not many come across thing and realized this or at least not many that have read this passage and fully understood it (too much selective reading if you asked me).

19-"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison" (KJV)

19-"through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison"(NIV)

Spirits in prison??? Now where is that? Remember what I mentioned above a little ago? Right, it's Hell. But what is Jesus doing there? Let's read v19 again, it said, "preached unto the spirits in prison" Ah, now it makes sense.

See, Jesus at the time when he was alive, preached to the present day people, right? And His message would carry into the future, right? But what about the people in the past that never had the opportunity to hear the message of Christ? We're talking about a "life saving" message, a message that brings people into the Grace of God. What of them? That wouldn't be fair if they missed out on, now would it? No it wouldn't, so Jesus DID so something about it, thusly what it's said on verse 19 and let's continue on a bit to verse 20 & 21....

20- "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (KJV)

20- "who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water" (NIV)

21- "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" (KJV)

21 -"and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ," (NIV)

So Jesus was preaching to the spirits dating as far back to the days of Noah (possibily longer, it's still debatable, but we should know all the answers when the time is right). He was giving them the opportunity to hear the message, the same messages Jesus had preached when he was alive on this world. After that, He returned, raised from the dead, stayed with us for 40 more days and ascended to heaven.

Now what happened to the spirits after they heard Jesus preached to them, it's not revealed in Scripture, but we'll know when the day comes, whether any of us is saved or not, we're gonna know, somehow.

So, now, after Christ returns and ruled over earth for 1 thousand more years, then comes Judgement day, those locked up in Hell will have their day in court. Now, keep in mind, God is not limited. He has abilities far surpasses any of us, let me just say He is the greastest multi-tasker in the universe, he'll judge each one as according to what each has done individually, but at the same time, judges as all at one shot. Yeah, He can do that, awesome multitasking. (Imagine God engaging a million conversation with a million people with a million different topics all at the same time.)

If our name is found in the Lamb's Book of Life, we pass into God's Glory, however, if one person's name is not found in the Lamb's Book of Life, let me just say, he/she is so screwed.

So here what happens when you have your day in court, the bible says that after the 1,000 year reign of Christ (post Tribulation) those that became saved during the Tribulation will rise first and be with God. Those in the 2nd resurrection will rise to be judged by God.....

Revelation 20:11"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."

v12- "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

v13-"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

v14 -(Now make note what this verse says, very important!) "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

See? Hell was casted into the lake of Fire. So Hell and Lake Of Fire isn't the same place, now isn't it? Nope, they're two different locations. Hell (Jail) Lake of Fire (Punishment). Note even death was cast into the lake of fire, now this is the good news, death becomes NO MORE.

v15 -"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

OUCH! I do not wish this to anyone. Bad thing is, when you have a spirit, it's indestructable. You cannot die. Now imagine yourself in the lake of fire, unable to die!! The body dies yes, but not the spirit. If you don't wanna go there, Jesus is your only way out...

"I am The Way, The Truth and The Life, no one can come to the Father except by Me!" John 3:16 He's your way out and the way to do it is to come to the realization that you are indeed a sinner in need of a Savior and come confess to Him and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. You won't regret it and He can change your life in more ways than one.

Nobody can make you do anything, not even God. It's entirely up to us, God has entended His hand, the rest is up to us how we should respond. This is where "free will" comes in. We write our chapters and we choose how we write the last chapter of our life. The choice is up to us. God can't make us do anything, He can't interfer with Free Will, but He can show us what will happen to us based on how we lived our lives. Good or evil.

Same thing we do to any human being here on earth, we have cops, judges, jails and punishment. God justice system isn't so different from our justice system here on earth. If you kill someone, you will answer for it before the earthly court and stand before a human judge and go to prison and in some case, await in prison for our death penalty.

That's what I believe and my interpretation based on Scripture and a little help from the Holy Spirit (John 14:26)

Yiz

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Shelby,

Thanks for your replies :)

The word of my Lord to you, dear Chalam, is test away! However, I am to exhort you to keep in mind HOW we are to test inspired expressions...

The point I was making with the two verses is that we should neither hold your vision with contempt but test it and hold on to what is good. THE test is the word of God, the bible. The visions cannot contradict what is written in the bible. God is not double minded.

My point is still the departed spirits of the dead and fully conscious, just no longer conscious or have any further part in what is done "under the sun" i.e. here on earth.

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Here's why the man could NOT have been with my Lord in paradise on THAT day: my Lord himself did not enter paradise... until several days later.

So that would make Jesus a liar? Or are we going to move the comma for this verse only to support our own doctrine as the NWT does to support the WT?

First, he went to Hades for 3 days.

This teaching floats around (like many others) but is not supported well in scripture, certainly there is no verse that clearly states that view. I guess you favour the footnote here for example.

Ephesians 4:9 (English Standard Version)

9 ( (A) In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into (B) the lower regions, the earth? [a]

Footnotes:
    1. Ephesians 4:9 Or the lower parts of the earth?

There are plenty of other verses that state to the contrary the position of Jesus going to Hell, like verse 43 from above and those I have already quoted.

If so, I must ask you: HOW DID HE GET IN... in light of what my Lord is recorded to have said TO HIS APOSTLES, whom he CHOSE:

"I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:2, 3

Likewise, you need to answer how Paul would write these verses

2 Corinthians 5:6 (New International Version)

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:8 (New International Version)

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23-24 (New International Version)

23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

Now, I know that while you might not LIKE it, the accurate rendering IS "... I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise." But those truths are not the only reason to know this phrasing is accurate. The FACT that the man COULDN'T have entered into paradise at that time is born out in the FACT that the resurrection has not yet occurred. Okay, moving on...

In that case Paul is a liar and a deceiver too (see the verses from above)!

It appears that you included 2 Corinthians 5:6-9 to say that when we're NOT in the body, we are with Christ and at home with him. Meaning, that as soon as we die, we are with him. Unfortunately, that's not accurate. I offer you Revelation 6:9, 10:

Good, a verse!

Rev 6 writes about saints who die in the tribulation. Of course, this is another eschatological "can of worms" to open! Anyhow, a simple question will suffice, do you think that we are in the seven year tribulation and Jesus has opened the seals 1-4 described in the preceding verses of this chapter already?

But since you referred to Paul, let's see what he had to say on the subject. I refer to 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, which states:

"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

Paul says clear to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Believers are with the Lord, but not in their body, which are in the grave. The dead in Christ will rise first (first resurrection) and they will receive their resurrection body and will be like Jesus, who has His already (the Firstborn of those who are spiritually reborn).

I am not sure (nor, apparently, is my Lord for he offers no guidance) as to why you included Philippians 1:20-22. So I will wait for your response.

Paul is one again talking about the same thing, when the spirits of believers go when they die.

Philippians 1:20-22 (New International Version)

20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!

The man that Paul referred to in 2 Corinthians 12:1-6 is the Apostle John. Paul wrote that he didn't know whether the man went in body or in spirit. However, John was taken in SPIRIT, NOT in body, to the third heaven. And he was told later (41 years or so) to write what he was shown:

I am afraid you are mistaken. Read verses 6 and 7

2 Corinthians 12:6-7 (New International Version)

6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

Paul is talking about himself.

No, I meant the place "under the altar" as mentioned at Revelation 6:9 (as quoted above).

Many thanks for that.

If Paul ever went (he may, although the Bible does not have a record), he went in spirit, not in body; however, we have no record (in the Bible) of him ever being in heaven OR receiving a revelation. We DO, however, have the revelation that was given to John... who shared it with Paul...whom he had met some years earlier (see Galatians 2:9). But how do we know it wasn't Paul who went to the third heave? Because Paul SAYS it wasn't him. He wrote:

"I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-God knows. And I know that this man-whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows- was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses."

So, while Paul certainly may have had a HOPE of going to receive visions and revelations, the Bible does not have a record of it. That doesn't mean he didn't, though... and such well could have been recorded somewhere else and left OUT of the Bible canon... as wat his FIRST letter to the Corinthian congregation. Again, though, the Bible does contain a record of John's revelation...

OK, take a read here

Revelation 1:9-11 (New International Version)

9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

Most biblical historians puts Domition starting to exhile believers from 81 A.D. onwards and thus John been exiled to Patmos certainly by 95 where he had his revelation and wrote about them. The two occurred at the same time, see the Lord's own command!

Revelation 1:19 (New International Version)

19 "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.

I absolutely agree: a body without the spirit is a dead soul. And a body WITH the spirit... is a LIVING soul.

Personally I would say a body with the spirit is a dead body and the body with the spirit is a living body.

As to the soul, it depends if you are a believer of Tripartite (theology) or not and once again, some tricky theological ground!

Dear Stephen, the spirit is NOT dead without the body, nor did I ever post such a thing. The body dies... but the SPIRIT... merely sleeps.

Personally for me, the body is sleeping but the spirit is fully conscious and in another place "not under the sun".

Which is exactly what I posted. Spirits don't die; they can't die. They must be destroyed (Matthew 10:28).

The "destruction" of the spirit is everlasting, not finite as we might think of on this earth, hence Jesus words on eternal (conscious) torment.

As for both Paul and the thief, neither entered into paradise, at least not when you assert: Paul, because you have him confused with John who DID enter, NOT in body but in SPIRIT (as he recorded at Revelation 4:2); the thief because you are misapplying the word "today," as I've had the privilege of explaining, above. Paul MAY have entered later, but if so it was ONLY in spirit... and the thief not at all, yet, because the resurrection has not yet occurred... which is the ONLY they CAN enter. Flesh and blood cannot enter into the kingdom of hte heavens, dear one.

For me, the confusion is that Paul's revelation have been assumed as those that John received 40 years later. Once again, is Jesus a liar? Was His promise to the thief false?

Verse 22 says he died... and was buried. Meaning, his body was in the grave. The World of the Dead is beyond the grave, though (although, it is in the earth). It is where the SPIRIT goes (for those who don't go under the altar). The BODY... or FLESH... goes back to the dust. The BONES... however... don't.

I do not agree. The body of the dead is physically in the grave and the spirit departs to another place to abide their until the resurrection.

And the reason I saw bones... is because the spirit is IN the bones. LIFE... is in the BLOOD... and BLOOD... is manufactured in the BONES... in the marrow. That is why the Most Holy One of Israel blew into ADAM'S nostrils... Adam who was BONE (and flesh)... but not yet SKIN... and Adam came to be a LIVING soul. Eve came from one of Adam's BONES. It is why He blew spirit INTO the bones He showed Ezekiel... and they came to life... BEFORE they had sinews and skin. (Genesis 2:7, 21, 22; Leviticus 17:11; Ezekiel 37:1-14).

What I saw were bones... with NO life in them: they could NOT stand up; they had NO thoughts; they remembered nothing. It was only when my Lord and I visited them that there was enough "life"... holy spirit... for them to even wake up in anticipation of something, and fall right back to sleep upon learning that that something hadn't occurred. All of which took less than 3 seconds. There was enough because my Lord was there. He IS the life, dear one!

From my own simple understanding, man has a physical part, the body and a non physical part, the spirit. As to "the soul" that depends on your own tripartite or bipartite belief as mentioned before. Most would also believe "the soul" to be a non-physical part. Anyhow, on to more weighty matters.

I have no view of torment, temporary or otherwise, for anyone other than the false prophet, the wild beast, and the Adversary. That was the message.

Matthew 25:46 - 46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

I am concerned as to what your understanding of the "eternal punishment" the Lord is describing here. I have supplied you many verses which clearly state what that is.

See, here again is the problem with listening to men... and/or following their erroneous transliterations. The Greek word for "punishment" here is "kolases" and means "correction," "punishment," or "penalty." Which is correct? The word of my Lord is the "penalty" is correct. The verse should read:

OK, it looks like I should be quoting the ESV rather than the NIV in our discussions! Rest assured, the ESV is a tight translation compared with the venerable NIV but whichever you choose, annihilationism looks false.

Which, according to Revelation 20:15 is true: they are cast INTO the Lake of Fire. But they're not tormented there. It's just that the penalty for their sins... is everlasting. They don't come back. They don't exist.

You deny the very words of Jesus Himself from five verses earlier and the others I have quoted to you :(

Revelation 20:10 (English Standard Version)

10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Okay, a couple things here: first, they are not thrown into hell. They are thrown into Gehinnom, or Gehenna. The Greek word for "hell" is "Hades" and that IS the World of the Dead. The word "hell" that the NIV shows here is "geenna"... which is the Lake of fire. And that fire is NOT quenched. It does not go out. It burns forever.

Doesn't matter what word for "hell" choose because it is thrown into the lake of fire and is called the second death

Revelation 20:14-15 (English Standard Version)

14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

As for the quote "where there worm does not die and the fire is not quenched," that is a reference from Isaiah 66:24, which is talking about the wild beast (whom I said WOULD be tormented forever and ever in the Lake of Fire) and those who worship it, the false prophet. The SMOKE from these being tossed INTO the Lake... will go on forever (Revelation 14:10, 11).

Who follows the unholy trinity (the beast, the false prophet and the devil) into the lake of fire? "Death and Hades", i.e. "anyone name not found written in the book of life", that is all unbelievers.

Jude 1:7 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Here's one of those mistransliteration error things again. The word used here as "punishment" is "dike" in Greek and means the "execution of a sentence." I am to ask you, since Sodom and Gomorrah are the example: did those towns continue to burn? Are they burning yet? Or were they utterly destroyed... with NO trace of them left? What was the "example"? Were they tortured/tormented/or continually punished? Or were they simply wiped out?

OK, try any of these translations http://bible.cc/jude/1-7.htm

The torment that happened for a short while at Sodom and Gomorrah will be eternal punishment i.e. the everlastingtorment mentioned elsewhere.

You are misunderstanding. I absoutely agree that the Holy Spirit can go/be anywhere. I did not write that HE was not there. I wrote that God's holy spirit... His life force, blood, semen... was not there. The bones were DRY. NOT because the Holy Spirit wasn't there - indeed, he is the One who TOOK me there! Dry because there was no "WATER"... no LIVING WATER... God's holy spirit... which Christ pours out. There was none there, until he arrived with me in tow.

OK, we are back to the interesting view you had earlier. I think the nature of the second death is however more pressing to discuss.

You are entitled to your opinion... but truly, I did not get one bit of this from them. In fact, THEY would denounce me for such a vision. They would accuse me of consorting with demons.

Agreed, in respect of the visions. However, your view of Annihilationism is exactly the same as every JW out there.

Well, then, there you have it. Just as my Lord, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... guided me.

OK, still testing this prophecy. I think you need to really focus on the weighty questions I have brought this second time round, namely those of where I have pointed out that your views clearly are at odds with the bible, especially the very words of Jesus who you say guided you. As I pointed out, either this contradiction needs to be resolved or indeed we can discount your own revelations of Jesus in favour of those in the bible.

I really am not here to pick an argument. However, I am here to point out where your vision, or at least your interpretation of the vision contradicts scripture and indeed, where your understanding seems to be compatible with that of the WT. Am I safe to assume that you believe the WT to be false prophets and teachers?

Let us keep these in mind 2 Peter 2:1 1 Timothy 6:3-4 James 3:1

Blessings,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Some great points Yiz as always!

The only question I have is what make you think that Jesus preached to the spirit in prison at the time He was dead or is that just an assumption?

For sure, His promise to the thief was to be be in heaven on the same day they died, as is our promise to be with Jesus on the same day we die.

Blessings,

Stephen

• JAFO
    JAFO

I do find it kind of amusing how some people accept the word of a collection of books whose claim to "Authority" is entirely self-referential.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! I would like to respond, in the same spirit as Priscilla and Aquila when assisting Apollos (Acts 18:24-26), if you will permit me. Thank you!

The bible makes it clear what happens after we die.... Hebrews 9:27 states, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (KJV)... "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment" (NIV)"

Yes, but for the "men" spoken of here, there also exists the "second" death. Such "men" do not belong to Christ, and thus are those who experience the resurrection that Israel knew of (because the hope of the FIRST resurrection had not been held out until Christ came):

" 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years." Revelation 20:5, 6

Such men die, and then are resurrected to judgment which results in condemnation:

"Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God's Son, and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to judgment [condemnation]." John 5:28, 29

Which condemnation culminates in destruction in the Lake of Fire:

"I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done. The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave [Hades] gave up the dead in them. They were all judged according to their deeds. And death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death--the lake of fire. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:12-15

This condemnation has NO power over those who belong to Christ, however, and take part in the FIRST resurrection:

The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years." Revelation 20:6

"... there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ [Jesus]. For the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed youthrough Christ [Jesus] from the power of sin that leads to death." Romans 8:1, 2

"you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. So if the Son sets you free, you will indeed be free." John 8:32, 36

"[Jesus] told him, "I am...the truth... No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Man mistakenly believes that Hell and the Lake of Fire is one of the same location. That is far from the truth.

This is absolutely true!

You see, God's Justice system isn't really all that different from the justice system that we face here on earth. If you commit a crime and get busted, you're going to jail, until you have your day in court.

Yes! Even Adam and Eve. For although they died, they have not had their day in court. Thus, they have not been JUDGED. And so, they, too, must be resurrected for that to occur.

In Hell, it's the same as a prison, a prison for the spirits who today died without Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Yes!

If you die w/o Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you're busted and going to jail (Hell) until you have your day in court.

Yes! And that "jail"... Hell... is the World of the Dead... where such ones have NO KNOWLEDGE of anything... here OR there.

Regarding your next statements (i.e., Christ suffering... where did he go... etc.), I absolutely agree! He took me to that place... that "prison". He did not, however, take me to place where the spirits who belong to him go - "under the altar." John was taken there... or at least he saw it... but not me.

So Jesus was preaching to the spirits dating as far back to the days of Noah (possibly longer, it's still debatable, but we should know all the answers when the time is right).

He preached to ALL the spirits who were in Hell... including Adam, Eve, and Cain.

So, now, after Christ returns and ruled over earth for 1 thousand more years, then comes Judgement day, those locked up in Hell will have their day in court.

Exactly!

If our name is found in the Lamb's Book of Life, we pass into God's Glory, however, if one person's name is not found in the Lamb's Book of Life, let me just say, he/she is so screwed.

Agreed with the exception as to "our." If one belongs to Christ... one has already been resurrected by this time (in the FIRST resurrection) so as to sit down on thrones and rule WITH Christ... for 1,000 years. Those are the ones John saw "under the altar." If one does NOT belong to Christ... by means of being IN UNION with him... then such one must wait for the SECOND resurrection... where the sea, death, and Hades all give up those in them. These are the ones whose names must be found in the Lamb's book, for if not, they have no COVERING (blood of Christ, which blots out sins)... for their sins. Since their sins remain... they are judged... according TO their sins. And since the wage OF sin is death... their lot is in the Lake of Fire.

So here what happens when you have your day in court, the bible says that after the 1,000 year reign of Christ (post Tribulation) those that became saved during the Tribulation will rise first and be with God. Those in the 2nd resurrection will rise to be judged by God.....

Actually, those who were saved DURING the Tribulation were granted life BEFORE the 1,000 years. They, too, are "kings and priests," and so rule WITH Christ DURING that 1,000 years:

"And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. And you have caused them to become God's Kingdom and his priests. And they will reign on the earth." Revelation 5:9, 10

It is AMAZING to me that most miss these verses. Indeed, the WTBTS never refers to them... at least, not truthfully! But that these ARE the "great crowd" is further proven by the words of one of the 24 elders to John that:

"These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them white. That is why they are standing in front of the throne of God, serving him day and night in his Temple." Revelation 7:14, 15

Only priests can serve in the temple of God, dear one.

Hell was cast into the lake of Fire. So Hell and Lake Of Fire isn't the same place, now isn't it? Nope, they're two different locations. Hell (Jail) Lake of Fire (Punishment). Note even death was cast into the lake of fire, now this is the good news, death becomes NO MORE.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

v15 -"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

OUCH! I do not wish this to anyone. Bad thing is, when you have a spirit, it's indestructable. You cannot die. Now imagine yourself in the lake of fire, unable to die!! The body dies yes, but not the spirit. If you don't wanna go there, Jesus is your only way out...

The spirit is NOT indestructible, dear Yiz. True, it does not DIE... but it certainly CAN be destroyed. Indeed, that is what the "bad" spirits... demons... are being reserved for:

"Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body but are not able to kill the spirit. Rather, be in fear of Him who can destroy both the body AND the spirit in Gehinnom." Matthew 10:28

That is why such spirits... and our Adversary... still exist. Although Satan has been judged (John 16:11)... he has not yet been DESTROYED cast into the Lake of Fire. The others still face judgment. And why does Satan undergo everlasting torment? Such torment does not last forever - it is "everlasting" meaning its time is indefinite - only God is to say when it ends. But... it DOES end:

"You [were] the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone [was] your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. You [were] the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You [were] perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you. You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And [shall be] no more forever." ' " Ezekiel 28:12-19

BEFORE he is utterly destroyed, however, he... and the wild beast, and the false prophet... are tormented in that Lake... for quite some time (the Greek word "aion" that many mistransliterate to mean "forever," does not necessarily mean that - it also means a period of time or age. It corresponds to the word "eon" in English).

He's your way out and the way to do it is to come to the realization that you are indeed a sinner in need of a Savior and come confess to Him and accept Him as your Lord and Savior.

Yes! But simply "accepting" him won't suffice. One must also LISTEN to him... for he IS alive... and he SPEAKS... to those who belong to him!

" My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me"John 10:27

Nobody can make you do anything, not even God. It's entirely up to us, God has entended His hand, the rest is up to us how we should respond. This is where "free will" comes in. We write our chapters and we choose how we write the last chapter of our life. The choice is up to us. God can't make us do anything, He can't interfer with Free Will, but He can show us what will happen to us based on how we lived our lives. Good or evil.

Yes, but our salvation is NOT based on how we lived our lives, per se - it is based on ONE thing: the blood of Christ. Because no matter how "good" you were, you sinned. At some point. And if your sin has not been BLOTTED OUT... by the BLOOD of Christ... it remains. And no matter how "bad" you were... IF you exercise FAITH... IN the redeeming quality of Christ... and his blood... YOU CAN LIVE. It was this faith that saved the evildoer who died next to my Lord.

That's what I believe and my interpretation based on Scripture and a little help from the Holy Spirit

Only a "little" help from the Holy Spirit, dear Yiz? If that One is to lead us into ALL truth, shouldn't we be seeking a great deal of help from him? Indeed, shouldn't we put off leaning upon our OWN understanding(s)... and let HIM lead us? In that light, my apologies if I am not able to agree with EVERYTHING you "believe," but I had to share the truth with you because that same Holy Spirit... who is the LIVING Christ (2 Corinthians 3:17) and who guides us into ALL truth... and not just parts of it... directed me to.

May he do so with you! And may the undeserved kindness and mercy of our heavenly Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and peace and love of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, who IS the Holy Spirit and our Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... and your entire household... if you so wish it.

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nobody knows.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Shelby...

hello again...:)

As you know satan is active and able to mislead many people often because we trust that which "resonates" with our "spirit".

You have said before that you have the gift of discerning spirits...I was wondering if you have tested the spirit that leads you? and how?

love michelle

• Open mind
    Open mind

I have full knowledge of what happens when you die. Pay no attention to all the previous posters. They are sincere but misguided.

May you have Peace!, BTW.

My Grand Circular Lord, Elohim Frisbee, the Holy One of Whammo, revealed it to me in vision one dark and stormy night.

After this I became his devoted, humble slave and he has directed me to obediently share The Truth with all.

You see I am now a Frisbee-tyrian and have no more fear of eternal torment in a fiery hell.

Nay, The Truth, as revealed to me by Elohim Frisbee, is this:

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

When you die...

...your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it down.

Do not mock. Do not blaspheme. My Grand Circular Lord is abundant in mercy and loving kindness, but can extend spinning blades around his perimeter if not properly revered.

At times though, His Divine Roundness allows for his followers to demonstrate their faith by protecting him from the persistent attacks of the Hounds of Hell. (See Photo)

Yours in piece,

Friz

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello Shelby, Thanks for your replies :)

Greetings, dear Stephen... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

The point I was making with the two verses is that we should neither hold your vision with contempt but test it and hold on to what is good.

Yes, I got that, thank you!

THE test is the word of God, the bible. The visions cannot contradict what is written in the bible. God is not double minded.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you, dear one. First, the Bible is not the Word of God - Christ is. The Bible SAYS Christ is. Second, the Bible is not necessarily how we "test" inspired expressions. The FIRST way to test is Christ, the Holy Spirit himself. Since that One leads us into ALL truth, we only need ask him. Then, through the ANOINTING that is IN us, that One will answer. The SECOND way to test is love. If an expression does not ORIGINATE in love... or direct in loving... or contains an unloving act/expression, it cannot be from God. For God IS love. The THIRD way to test is the "scriptures." Keep in mind, however, that the "Bible"... is not "scripture." The Bible CONTAINS scripture, yes. But it also contains others things. AND... there is scripture that is NOT contained in the Bible... but we will be LED to by the Holy Spirit... if we ask him.

My point is still the departed spirits of the dead and fully conscious, just no longer conscious or have any further part in what is done "under the sun" i.e. here on earth.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand this statement. I think you are confusing "conscious" with "knowing." They are unsconscious... in that they are asleep. And they don't anything... about anything... here or there. But it is TRUE that THEY don't have any further part in what is DONE... under the sun... or anywhere else. It is NOT true, however, that they don't have any further PART... in what is done under the sun.

In response to my statement that, "the man could NOT have been with my Lord in paradise on THAT day: my Lord himself did not enter paradise... until several days later..."you responded:

So that would make Jesus a liar? Or are we going to move the comma for this verse only to support our own doctrine as the NWT does to support the WT?

My response is no, neither. First, our Lord cannot lie. As HE said, "ALL the sayings of [HIS] mouth are righteous" and so NONE of them are twisted or crooked. As for the comma, I am not sure if you are aware of this but NO COMMA appeared in the verse at all, EXCEPT after the name "Ieosus." For example, in GREEK, before the comma, the verse says: "And said to him, Ieosus..." However, there is NO comma in the part of the verse that says: "Amen, I say to you today you will be with me in paradise."

So, it wasn't me who decided where the comma should go, indeed that there even should BE one. The word of my Lord is that there should not. It also quite "funny" to note that the Greek word "esomai" which is translated "you will be" in fact means "I will be"... and the Greek word "meta" which is translated "with"... ALSO means... "after" and "behind." You know, as is "metamorphosis."

To my comment that "First, he went to Hades for 3 days..." you responded:

This teaching floats around (like many others) but is not supported well in scripture, certainly there is no verse that clearly states that view.

Well, you're right: the scriptures don't support this very well. However, there IS Matthew 12:40, Matthew 16:21; Matthew 17:23; Matthew 27:43, Mark 8:31; Luke 9:22; Luke 24:46; 1 Corinthians 15:4; 1 Peter 3:18, 19 (and since I'm the only one between us that understands these are not scripture, I think it's safe to use them here).

I guess you favour the footnote here for example. 9 ( (A) In saying, "He ascended," what does it mean but that he had also descended into (B) the lower regions, the earth? [a] Footnotes: Ephesians 4:9 Or the lower parts of the earth?

Well, I can't recall that I've ever read it stated that way, but I would have to agree that that's where I was taken. It WAS inside the earth, about 3 miles or so, was my understanding...

There are plenty of other verses that state to the contrary the position of Jesus going to Hell, like verse 43 from above and those I have already quoted.

I'm sorry, but I truly don't get how "verse 43" says that, unless you're meaning that verse to mean that my Lord went STRAIGHT to "paradise." If that's what you mean... again, I have to disagree. Because if THAT were so... then he wasn't.... COULDN'T have been... resurrected (i.e., brought BACK to life FROM the dead)... because he never died. At least, that's what it appears you are saying. Is it?

I then asked you: how did the man GET IN... in light of what my Lord is recorded to have said TO HIS APOSTLES, whom he CHOSE: "I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:2, 3

You did not respond, however; rather, you stated that I "likewise [needed] to answer how Paul would" the verses at 2 Corinthians 5:6, 8; and Philippians 1:23-24. So, let's take a look:

6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

This is true. Flesh with its blood cannot enter into the kingdom of the heavens. Not sure what that has to do with the man who died next to our Lord...

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Paul is saying that he was ready to put of flesh and be with our, who is a spirit. Yes. That still does not address my question, which was HOW could the man get in BEFORE the apostles... BEFORE those to whom my Lord said, "I go to PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU" and "I WILL COME AND TAKE YOU..." If the place had not yet even been prepared... and if my Lord was to come BACK and get those he was to take, HOW did the man get IN before such occurreces?

23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

Again, I don't see how this answers the question. Paul is speaking of and for himself, what he WANTED to do (i.e., "depart and be with Christ")... but was still NECESSARY for him to do (i.e., remain in the flesh). How do ANY of these verses answer the question "How did the man GET IN... BEFORE those specifically called and chosen by Christ himself?"

I then stated: "Now, I know that while you might not LIKE it, the accurate rendering IS "... I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise." But those truths are not the only reason to know this phrasing is accurate. The FACT that the man COULDN'T have entered into paradise at that time is born out in the FACT that the resurrection has not yet occurred..." to which you responded:

In that case Paul is a liar and a deceiver too (see the verses from above)!

Nothing of the sort! I think the TRUTH here, dear Stephen, is that you FORGOT that the man COULDN'T have entered yet... or perhaps that truth wasn't accurately explained to you. In any event, some would call what you've done here a "red herring."

I then stated that: "It appears that you included 2 Corinthians 5:6-9 to say that when we're NOT in the body, we are with Christ and at home with him. Meaning, that as soon as we die, we are with him. Unfortunately, that's not accurate. I offer you Revelation 6:9, 10, to which you replied:

Good, a verse! Rev 6 writes about saints who die in the tribulation. Of course, this is another eschatological "can of worms" to open!

I must correct you here, however, as the verse states:

"I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held..."

And the word of my Lord to you is that John the Baptist... and MANY others... were slain for him, the Word of God, and the testimony they held ABOUT him... yet not all of them (and certainly not John) die in the tribulation. His word to you is that not all who belong to him die in the great tribulation but rather MOST are saved THROUGH it. Some also die before it (i.e., from Abel to the day the tribulation begins). Those who do NOT are saved... in the SAME way that Daniel was saved from the fire... and the mouths of lions.

Anyhow, a simple question will suffice, do you think that we are in the seven year tribulation and Jesus has opened the seals 1-4 described in the preceding verses of this chapter already?

Ahh, changing the subject... again. Good for you! Regarding the 7-year tribulation, my response is (1) the event lasts longer than 7 years (approx. 12-9 years, to be truthful) and (2) it has not begun, yet. When it does, there will be NO doubt that it has and has come upon mankind, trust me. I have seen its beginning... and its devastation. It is yet to come... and when it does, only those who put their trust in earthling man will be surprised. At when it comes... why... and how. I am only permitted to share with you Revelation 9:14, 15. Beyond that, I am not at liberty to share with any except those of the Body of Christ. Who will NOT be surprised, but will be quite ready. Because it is for such ones that the revelation of this event was written. Since I have not received from my Lord that you are yet a member of His Body I cannot share what has been given me with regard to it at this time.

As for the opening of the seals, only the first seal has been opened. I CAN explain that even, if you wish... but not in this thread. It is not within the scope of what needs to be addressed here.

Paul says clear to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

This is true. To be absent from the body, our SPIRITS are then with the Lord, yes.

Believers are with the Lord, but not in their body, which are in the grave.

This is also true. Again, for those who belong to Christ, the SPIRIT has returned to God, through Christ:

"Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:6, 7

"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return." Genesis 3:19

"Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes," Genesis 18:27

"for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:14

So, while it is TRUE that our fleshly bodies return to the dust... our SPIRITS go back to God. HE retains them. Thus, when I went to the World of the Dead, there was NO LIFE... NO spirit there... until my Lord arrived. Only then could those there even have enough "life" to wake up, ask the question, "Is this it?" and then fall back asleep because this wasn't "it." But, as I shared, I also felt spirits elsewhere... and it was revealed to me that they were "under the altar," which is a place of protection from their enemies.

I then wrote: "I am not sure (nor, apparently, is my Lord for he offers no guidance) as to why you included Philippians 1:20-22. So I will wait for your response." Your response is:

Paul is one again talking about the same thing, when the spirits of believers go when they die. " 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!"

You are mistaken as Paul wasn't speaking of WHERE anyone goes at all, here. He was saying (1) that he did not expect or hope to be ashamed of the Lord but would have enough courage, whether he was alive OR dead, Christ would be exalted in his body. What did he mean? Paul was still thinking that he could "gain" life by not sinning with his flesh... that through Christ residing IN him... he would stop sinning with his flesh. Did he? We don't know, do we?

We do know, though, that he confessed he had a constant battle with his flesh... and that when he wanted to do "good," what was "bad" was present IN him. (2) That the only reason he WAS living was Christ IN him (Romans 8:9-11), but if he DIED he would gain because he would PUT OFF the flesh that was causing him TO sin. Thus, death would be GAIN to him... because he would finally STOP sinning. HOWEVER... if he were to continue living IN THE BODY... there was "fruitful" gain for him because (a) he would progressively "conquer" his flesh (by means of the "fruits" of God's spirit) AND (b) his "work" would be "fruitful" in that it would result in others being joined to Christ... which was the WORK he was given to do as RESTITUTION for "persecuting" the Christ. Paul wasn't called because he was "good" or a "believer." Paul was called... because he was instrumental in putting to death those who WERE calling others to Christ... particularly your namesake, Stephen... and so had to do THEIR work:

"While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord [Jesus], receive my spirit." Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep. And Saul was there, giving approval to his death." Acts 7:60-8:1

"Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am [Jesus], whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."Acts 9:1-6

"... the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." Acts 9:15, 16

"You know how I lived the whole time I was with you, from the first day I came into the province of Asia. I served the Lord with great humility and with tears, although I was severely tested by the plots of the Jews. You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus. And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord [Jesus] has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God." Acts 20:12-27

I then commented that "The man that Paul referred to in 2 Corinthians 12:1-6 is the Apostle John. Paul wrote that he didn't know whether the man went in body or in spirit. However, John was taken in SPIRIT, NOT in body, to the third heaven. And he was told later (41 years or so) to write what he was shown." You responded, however:

I am afraid you are mistaken. Read verses 6 and 7

Let's do that. Indeed, let's look at the ENTIRE account:

" 1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord.2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-God knows. 2 Corinthians 12:1,2

Paul wanted to boast about what John had shared with him. And although John had told Paul, et al., that it was OUT of the body... in SPIRIT (Revelation 4:2)... Paul apparently wasn't sure and so didn't want to make a definitive statement to his audience. Continuing...

3 And I know that this man-whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows- 4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.2 Corinthians 12:3-5

So, Paul felt it was okay to "boast" about this "man"... but not about himself, except with regard to HIS weaknesses. Why? The answer is further below...

6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.2 Corinthians 12:6

So, Paul is SAYING that he COULD boast about himself, because whatever his boast was, it would be TRUE; however, he DIDN'T... so that no one would think more of him than they should, either by what he said... or did. BUT... he had NO problem boasting on behalf of ANOTHER. Why do we know that PAUL didn't have the revelation he was referring to? He explains:

7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

What does this mean? That although Paul WANTED To see visions such as the man had... he COULDN'T. Why? Because... THE LORD KNEW THAT IF PAUL DID RECEIVE SUCH... HE WOULD BECOME CONCEITED... BOASTFUL... IN HIMSELF. SOoooo... to KEEP Paul from them... he allowed Paul a "thorn". His sight was increasingly diminished... and he was told that our Lord's MERCY... was sufficient for him, that although he was going blind (which was considered an AFFLICTION FROM GOD among the Jews)... he would still be able to show my Lord's POWER... NOT by the things he SAW... but by the things he DIDN'T see.

And, therefore, Paul wrote:

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.2 Corinthians 12:9, 10

Paul is talking about himself.

As to the "boasts" regarding his weaknesses in the flesh, yes. As to having gone into the third heaven, either in body OR spirit... no. That was John... who did enter... in spirit, as he said. Truly.

To my comment, "So, while Paul certainly may have had a HOPE of going to receive visions and revelations, the Bible does not have a record of it. That doesn't mean he didn't, though... and such well could have been recorded somewhere else and left OUT of the Bible canon... as was his FIRST letter to the Corinthian congregation. Again, though, the Bible does contain a record of John's revelation..." you responded:

OK, take a read here

And cited Revelation 1:9-11 and 19. Which I found interesting, because verse 19 says that the Lord said to JOHN:

19 "Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.

So, John wrote what he HAD seen (i.e., what he had related to Paul, et al., which included SOME of what is in the Revelation) as well as what he WAS seeing (Revelation 1:4-3:22) and what he would be given that would take place later (those parts of Revelation 4:1-22:21 that were still for the future). Next you say:

Personally I would say a body with the spirit is a dead body and the body with the spirit is a living body.

I think you mean a body WITHOUT the spirit is a dead body... and you would be correct. If not, then you are contradicting yourself...

As to the soul, it depends if you are a believer of Tripartite (theology) or not and once again, some tricky theological ground!

Don'cha just LOVE those words that even my Lord never though to use...) The "soul" is not the body, per se, dear one. It is a status: body with spirit is a LIVING soul. A body without spirit is a dead soul. The soul is not the body, however. Otherwise, the statement would be "a body with spirit is a living BODY, and a body without spirit is a dead BODY." They are not the same thing, however. A soul... is an entity. Dead or living. A body... is a vessel... that can HOLD a spirit. And a body can be flesh (with its blood) OR spirit. A SOUL, however, can only be of flesh.

Personally for me, the body is sleeping but the spirit is fully conscious and in another place "not under the sun".

Unfortunately, you are in error. The body does not sleep... it disintegrates and returns to the dust. Except for the bones, of course (unless they are pummeled or burned so that they become dust). The spirit, however, sleeps... and knows nothing... is unconscious... and conscious of nothing... while it is asleep.

The "destruction" of the spirit is everlasting, not finite as we might think of on this earth, hence Jesus words on eternal (conscious) torment.

Ahhhhh... I see what you're saying: that the "destruction" is abstract and represents the "torment" itself! Sorry, but this is another error. First of all, what you are suggesting is that God is unrighteous... and that cannot be. God is righteous AND merciful... and JUSTICE would not require someone who sinned for, say, a number of years, to be tormented... FOREVER. JUSTICE requires an EQUALIZATION... and the "penalty" does not fit the "crime" in what you are suggesting. Even humans don't have such illogical reparations.

No, dear one, the destruction is final... and everlasting, in that one cannot come back from it. There is no "third" death... or more. There is only the first and/or the second. To show you that it IS literal destruction, I share with you the Father's words to the Adversary, recorded at Ezekiel 28:12-19

"You [were] the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone [was] your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created. You [were] the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You [were] perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you. You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And [shall be] no more forever." Ezekiel 28:12-19

For me, the confusion is that Paul's revelation have been assumed as those that John received 40 years later. Once again, is Jesus a liar? Was His promise to the thief false?

You're confused because no one has ever shared this truth with you. Why? Because THEY don't know. Even the WTBTS believes it was Paul's vision. But it was John's revelation, dear Stephen... and that John wrote about it 41 years later is no big deal. I ask you... when did he write is gospel account? Was it not AFTER he wrote the Revelation? And what that not 68 years later than when the events it speaks about occurred? It was. It was part of the things the Holy Spirit brought back to his mind. And, again, no, of course, my Lord is not a liar. You just misunderstand the statement... because someone put a comma in that was not there originally (at least, not in the Greek).

I do not agree. The body of the dead is physically in the grave and the spirit departs to another place to abide their until the resurrection.

The body... returns to the dust, dear ones. It is the bones that remain in the grave. The spirit does depart to another place, yes, to SLEEP... until it is returned TO the bones. Ezekiel might help you see this truth:

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know." 4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make spirit enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put spirit in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' " 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no spirit in them. 9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the spirit; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O spirit, and come into these slain, that they may live.' " 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and spirit entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet-a vast army. 11 Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.' "

This corresponds, dear Stephen, with my Lord's words recorded at Matthew 24:30, 31, where he speaks about gathering his chosen ones and those of John at Revelation 6:9-11:

"They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the spirits of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to REST a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed."

From my own simple understanding, man has a physical part, the body and a non physical part, the spirit.

This is correct, yes.

As to "the soul" that depends on your own tripartite or bipartite belief as mentioned before. Most would also believe "the soul" to be a non-physical part.

It is NEITHER! It is a status, an entity. One HAS a body AND a spirit, but one IS either a LIVING soul... OR a DEAD soul.

Anyhow, on to more weighty matters.

Indeed...

I am concerned as to what your understanding of the "eternal punishment" the Lord is describing here. I have supplied you many verses which clearly state what that is.

Which verses you misunderstand. I have explained it above, however, citing Ezekiel 28... as well as in my response to dear Yiz. Rather than take up even more board space restating it, I will respectfully direct you there.

OK, it looks like I should be quoting the ESV rather than the NIV in our discussions!

You should quote, if you need to quote at all, whichever version has the CORRECT rendering/transliteration. ALL of them contain SOME truth; however, NONE of them are completely accurate. Not by far. The BEST thing, however, is to simply quote the Holy Spirit, Christ. Wouldn't you agree?

Rest assured, the ESV is a tight translation compared with the venerable NIV but whichever you choose, annihilationism looks false.

Hmm... I have no idea what is meant by "tight... compared with the venerable NIV"... as I am not a Bible scholar. But I must ask: so, you think a MERCIFUL God would choose to torment folks forever... rather than just letting them simply be dead and gone? Truly?

You deny the very words of Jesus Himself from five verses earlier and the others I have quoted to you :( - Revelation 20:10 (English Standard Version) - 10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

I do NOT deny my Lord's words, not at all. I've shown you from Ezekiel 28 what happens with the Adversary... as well as explained to you the MISTRANSLITERATION of the words "torment" and "forever." As a result, I'm thinking that by now you're going, "hmmmm..." or you should be.

Doesn't matter what word for "hell" choose because it is thrown into the lake of fire and is called the second death - Revelation 20:14-15 (English Standard Version) - 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Ummm... you might want to read that again, dear one. "Hell" isn't the second death. "Hell" is thrown into the Lake of Fire... which Lake IS the second death. Those who go into IT... die a second time (i.e., they die, are resurrected to judgment, then go into the Lake of Fire, where they die AGAIN... a SECOND time).

Who follows the unholy trinity (the beast, the false prophet and the devil) into the lake of fire? "Death and Hades", i.e. "anyone name not found written in the book of life", that is all unbelievers.

Ahhhh, no again you misunderstand. "Death and Hades" are not "anyone who name is not written in the Book". Death and Hades go into the Lake ALONG WITH "anyone whose name is not written in the Book..." Death and Hades give up those IN them... as does the sea. But the SEA does not go into the Lake of Fire, dear one!

I then gave reference to what occurred with those of Sodom and Gomorrah, and you responded:

The torment that happened for a short while at Sodom and Gomorrah will be eternal punishment i.e. the everlasting torment mentioned elsewhere.

Well, let's see:

"Then the LORD rained down fire and burning sulfur from the heavens on Sodom and Gomorrah. He utterly destroyed them, along with the other cities and villages of the plain, eliminating all life-- people, plants, and animals alike. Genesis 19:24-25

"If the LORD Almighty had not spared a few of us, we would have been wiped out as completely as Sodom and Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:9

"Babylon, the most glorious of kingdoms, the flower of Chaldean culture, will be devastated like Sodom and Gomorrah when God destroyed them." Isaiah 13:19

"I will destroy it just as I destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns," says the LORD. "No one will live there anymore." Jeremiah 50:40

"Now, as surely as I live," says the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, "Moab and Ammon will be destroyed as completely as Sodom and Gomorrah. Their land will become a place of stinging nettles, salt pits, and eternal desolation. Those of my people who are left will plunder them and take their land." Zephaniah 2:9

[By the way, contrary to what many of the "false christs" teach... Sodom was NOT destroyed for things like homosexuality, which is a sin of the flesh. Sodom's sins were "pride, laziness, and gluttony, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door." Ezekiel 16:49]

Your view of Annihilationism is exactly the same as every JW out there.

You use words that suggest to me you believe yourself to be a Bible scholar. I must confess, I am not. I only know what my Lord tells/shows me. As to your suggestion, I must reply, not entirely. Their view is that once someone departs into the Lake of Fire they simply cease to exist, which is correct, with the exception of the Adversary, the wild beast, and the false prophet. Those ARE tormented for some time (quite a long time) because they not only responsible for their own sins (as are the PEOPLE who into the fire)... but every one of the people they LED to sin. So, yes, their time of torment is quite long.

OK, still testing this prophecy. I think you need to really focus on the weighty questions I have brought this second time round, namely those of where I have pointed out that your views clearly are at odds with the bible, especially the very words of Jesus who you say guided you.

I did focus, both this time and the time before. You assume that your understanding of what my Lord said to the man hung next to him is correct. It is not. You believe in the placement of a comma that did not exist and on that based your entire understanding. However, when I asked you HOW such a man could get IN... BEFORE a place had been prepared... BEFORE my Lord returned to ESCORT him... as he promised to do with those whom he CHOSE... you did not respond. Not even an attempt. Nothing. Zippo. Zilch. Nada.

As I pointed out, either this contradiction needs to be resolved or indeed we can discount your own revelations of Jesus in favour of those in the bible.

I think it's been resolved. Whether you accept that resolution or not... is on you and remains to be seen.

I really am not here to pick an argument.

Of course not! Nor am I!

However, I am here to point out where your vision, or at least your interpretation of the vision contradicts scripture and indeed, where your understanding seems to be compatible with that of the WT.

Well, there are going to be SOME things that they say that are true. For example, my that Lord is not part of a Trinity. That is TRUE. And I cannot deny that truth. Indeed, there is SOME truth in EVERY religion. Otherwise, humans would NOT take part in them! It is because of their thirst FOR truth that they GO to such institutions. Indeed, Satan "keeps transforming himself into an angel... of LIGHT." But he is NOT that Light... nor do they [religions] have truth... for he IS that Truth. John 14:6; John 8:12

Am I safe to assume that you believe the WT to be false prophets and teachers?

You absolutely are! Indeed, they are the MOST reprehensible of ALL of the false prophets, false christs (anointed), and false teachers that have come before them! Because they are the ONLY one among those who teach that there are some who should NOT eat the manna! NOT partake of my Lord's flesh! Not eat... FROM THE TREE OF LIFE! And yet, ALL who left Egypt, Israel AND the vast mixed company that went with them... ate the manna and drank from the rock-mass! ALL who sought the Christ during the first century and up until the 19 th century ATE from the Tree of Life... and DRANK from the rock-mass that is Christ! 1 Cor. 10:1-4.

In this, these "shut up the kingdom of the heavens" more than ANY others!

Let us keep these in mind 2 Peter 2:1 1 Timothy 6:3-4 James 3:1

Absolutely, dear Stephen, let's do! Indeed, this is something I take VERY seriously. Indeed, MY eternal life... whether as a king/priest in the kingdom... or even merely a subject... is at stake. I do not seek any glory for myself... of any kind. I hear what I hear, as a result of the GIFT that was given me BY my Lord:

"4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us. 7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 8 To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. 9 The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. 10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said. 11 It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11

It was not until I read this that I fully understood what was occurring with me. I have put faith in it, however, dear Stephen... and gone from there.

Again, I bid you the greatest of love and peace!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and ALL those who go with... and slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

As you know satan is active and able to mislead many people often because we trust that which "resonates" with our "spirit".

The word of my Lord to you is to examine YOUR heart... and take care that you do not blaspheme, Michelle. Our Adversary is indeed active and able to mislead. But I have openly confessed to you by means of WHICH Spirit I share these things... and it is the Holy Spirit. That you have doubts is your deficiency... and that you wish to "correct" me... and do so under the guise of "love" is becoming tiresome. You may not know who it is that YOU follow... but have NO doubts as to whom I follow, who my Leader is: Christ. The Holy Spirit.

You have said before that you have the gift of discerning spirits...I was wondering if you have tested the spirit that leads you? and how?

I must say that I am quite surprised that you need to ask this question. We test the inspired express three ways:

1. By means of the Holy Spirit and ANOINTING that is is us:

"You must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us. I am writing these things to warn you about those who want to lead you astray. But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ." 1 John 2:24-27

The PROBLEM is that most, like you, believe the word "beginning" here means, from the time Christ came and started preaching. You are in error: it means what we have been taught FROM the "Beginning"... who IS the Christ... the One who is the BEGINNING... of wisdom. Revelation 1:8

2. If that anointing is NOT is us... but we are seeking God's kingdom and IT'S RIGHTEOUSNESS... then the inspired expression must be tested by LOVE. For there is nothing MORE righteous. If, then, there is ANYTHING about the expression that does not originate in love... does not promote love... does not manifest love... it is NOT from God. It can't be. For God IS love... and love is a FRUIT of His Spirit.

3. If one cannot turn to the Spirit and His anointing... and if one has NOT yet learned to manifest the "fruit" of love... one can look to the scriptures... which is NOT the Bible. The Bible only contains scripture, along with other stuff. And ALL scripture is NOT contained in the Bible.

Since my Father is continually "cleaning" me so that I may bear MORE fruit, including love... then I am quite content with testing ANYTHING by means of the first... the anointing that is IN me, by means of the mercy of God and His Holy Spirit. I no longer have to look to the Bible because I have been taught to walk by FAITH... in his VOICE... and not by SIGHT... with regard to what I read with my eyes. I use it for you and those "like" you - those who cannot walk by spirit but must walk by sight. I caution you all, however, that NO Bible version is absolutely correct and, indeed, ALL are closer to false than to truth. For the false stylus of the secretaries has tampered with every one of them. Thus, my Lord's words: "WOE, to you... SCRIBES!"

Please, Michelle, if you are going to continue trying to undermine my faith, then I must ask you to stop communicating with me. I have asked my Lord to make my forehead like a flint and "loving" comments from folks like you only make me more determined. Because it is TRUE that Satan "transforms himself as an angel of light." Indeed, I am beginning to wonder exactly who is behind all of your "love."

So, stop, please. Otherwise, I will have to ask that my Father rebuke you... and I will. Without reservation. Your "love feasts" need to discontinue... because you're asking me whether the Holy Spirit that speaks to me might in fact be Satan... and that is blasphemy.

My peace remains... for now.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit