Memorial

by roadrunner4speed 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Maninthemiddle, John 6 :51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven, if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever." Like you said, Jesus or those who were with him at the last meal never said to keep doing this and now I am thinking it is not nessary. Thanks for bringing this out.

• oompa
    oompa

OMG!....you sound soooooo much like me when i first posted.....just out with it all...like you have been here for years!!!....i was COASTER when i first came here...and just let if fluckkkin RIP!.......welcome friend!!!..........oompa

oh...and i had issues BIG to me...and i get that you do too......enjoy the ride...but it can be hard too...really

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Please explain... What do I have to work out? If you don't believe any writers were inspired.. What do you hang your beliefs on?

Just because you asked so nicely. I hope you work out your feelings on some of the Word being "the Word" and some of it not. Your John's writings vs. Paul's writings or whatever it is you have as hangups about the Bible.

Everyone needs to find their own path. I personally believe that man evolved without the aid of an omnipotent force. I believe that science is demonstrating that there never was a Garden of Eden, a flood, an exodus. I don't know that there was or was not a Jesus in reality, but it's getting clearer and clearer that his story is based on blended fictions.

I no longer care to try to prove that or argue that. I understand why people have spiritual needs and a desire to have faith. But this is a discussion forum, mainly about JW's. A huge part of that is discussing the doctrines. I hope you work that all out.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Roadrunner...I think you are onto something. I agree that much of what passes for inspired, is actually contrived. I think Paul's account of "last supper" is totally bogus. Several reasons. First of all, I don't believe Jesus would have observed the passover which was instituted by "Black Magic" Moses. Second of all, Jesus threw the religious contrivances of the day into such a chaos that it took about a thousand years for the Canaanites to regroup and work him into a new religious text to once again get control over the masses. History bears out the fact that many of those "scrolls" have been reworked.

The passover instituted by Moses was based on mass murder and the commemoration was an egotistical manifestation of Moses' desire to be worshipped. He was an evil magi, a trickster, and a psycho.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    leecRe: Memorial posted ~ 5 hours ago (3/4/2010)

Post 496 of 498
    Since 1/6/2010

"They have a round bright wafer. During their high mass they have that wafer in a statue like object with the wafer inside of the top facing outward."

Okay ...... what are you talking about? More please about this "statue-like object". The only thing I can imagine you're referring to is the thing called the tabernacle, which is just a storage container usually with some decorative filigrees and curlicues on it.

I don't remember the name of the object don't recall even being told the name of the odject. Being raised a Catholic I only saw the object 2 times while in Catholic school. But the object was not a tabernale. The object was only used in a high mass performed by a Bishop. If you really need to knowthe name LMK, I will try to find the name by going to a Catholic website. Then I'll post a link. I will be posting about 1914 which I think we all know is wrong and give the date I believe Satan was kicked out of the heavens. I'll be posting new threads on many other things including were an old wive's tale comes from, which is from the Bible. My purpose is to get people to read the Bible with no preconcived notions of what is said. My search for the truth started in 1972. I've read the Bible many times in many translations cover to cover and examed the Bible since 1972. I used Bible tools which are found on the web to find meanng of Greek words ( I don't believe the Christian Scriptures were written in Greek which is another topic) and Hebrew words. This site only allows a person to start one new tread every 24 hours so be prepared for the ride of your life:-) I don't ask people to believe what I say but to examine what I say such as the writtings of paul and luke.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    oompaRe: Memorial posted ~ 5 hours ago (3/4/2010)

Post 7089 of 7091
    Since 8/15/2007

OMG!....you sound soooooo much like me when i first posted.....just out with it all...like you have been here for years!!!....i was COASTER when i first came here...and just let if fluckkkin RIP!.......welcome friend!!!..........oompa

oh...and i had issues BIG to me...and i get that you do too......enjoy the ride...but it can be hard too...really

Thanks for the welcome.. Nothing is hard for me any more:-) I have an on line friend who tries to shoot down what I say. For the most part she believes what I said. I welcome the chanlege. A long as a person is respectful I have no problem. I respect everyone as long as they are not flat out rude.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    OnTheWayOutRe: Memorial posted ~ 6 hours ago (3/4/2010)

Post 10522 of 10524
    Since 9/8/2006

Please explain... What do I have to work out? If you don't believe any writers were inspired.. What do you hang your beliefs on?

Just because you asked so nicely. I hope you work out your feelings on some of the Word being "the Word" and some of it not. Your John's writings vs. Paul's writings or whatever it is you have as hangups about the Bible.

Everyone needs to find their own path. I personally believe that man evolved without the aid of an omnipotent force. I believe that science is demonstrating that there never was a Garden of Eden, a flood, an exodus. I don't know that there was or was not a Jesus in reality, but it's getting clearer and clearer that his story is based on blended fictions.

I no longer care to try to prove that or argue that. I understand why people have spiritual needs and a desire to have faith. But this is a discussion forum, mainly about JW's. A huge part of that is discussing the doctrines. I hope you work that all out.

Once again you haven't stated any thing. You haven't given me any thing.

I've worked every thing out, To my satifaction. Are you just here to annoy or do you have a purpose?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi roadrunner and welcome to our little debating society.

Do you believe that Judas Iscariot was present at the last supper?

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed
    AlwayshereRe: Memorial posted ~ 6 hours ago (3/4/2010)

Maninthemiddle, John 6 :51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven, if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever." Like you said, Jesus or those who were with him at the last meal never said to keep doing this and now I am thinking it is not nessary. Thanks for bringing this out.>>

You're very welcome:-)

Even thought I didn't join the group for this purpose... For the ladies out there. I'm divorce I'm looking for a woman between the ages of 55 to 60. Looks are unimportant. Jist ask and I'll send you my profile and email address. I will date a younger woman but not much youmger. I'm 61 I tried to join a dating service on this website whuch clains to be for JWs and claims to be for free neither are true.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

My bad ment to put down in the Selden NY area

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit